Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 + Summer Game Fest 2021 - June 10th to July 29th

DeepOcean

Arcane
Alot of meh indie fodder and the only two games I was sort of curious, Chernoblyat: Tiberium wars and Disciples: Unity Store edition, made me less interested after watching their trailers, so, is this a good job I suppose?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dragon's dogma is the only chance left to redeem this farce but i doubt it.

Maybe weird west and arkane vampire game will provide a pleasant surprise but doubbt it.

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Thank fuck we can always go back to the good old games.+M

I think there's still some hope for the Xbox+Bethesda E3 presser (There's Todd Howard, new Arkane stuff, STALKER 2, first look at Battlefield, updates on inXile and Obsidian, potential Wolfenstein III announcement, top-tier indie games, etc.)

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Going to ask in this thread because I'm confused. I thought this summer game fest was Steams thing with indies and demos, and clearly it was not the case. Wasn't there supposed to be one like that or did I just imagine it?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Going to ask in this thread because I'm confused. I thought this summer game fest was Steams thing with indies and demos, and clearly it was not the case. Wasn't there supposed to be one like that or did I just imagine it?

You're confusing it with the Steam Game Festival (now renamed to Steam Next Fest).

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
So I put on the games show, and they have some Wholesome Games presentation, and its like the made up caricature games 4chan and the Codex invent to talk about what a bad state things are in, and what snowflakes play.
This guy had his grandma collapse, and she was afraid to go out alone. So he made a video game about your grandma collapsing, and you have to walk her around the neighborhood. Okay. Alright. But it doesn't look like a very fun video game.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So I put on the games show, and they have some Wholesome Games presentation, and its like the made up caricature games 4chan and the Codex invent to talk about what a bad state things are in, and what snowflakes play.
This guy had his grandma collapse, and she was afraid to go out alone. So he made a video game about your grandma collapsing, and you have to walk her around the neighborhood. Okay. Alright. But it doesn't look like a very fun video game.

Roger Ebert was right about video games. This drive to make video games "true art" has been nothing but cancer.

Also gatekeeping is good, look at the pretentious retards it was keeping at bay.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Roger Ebert was right about video games. This drive to make video games "true art" has been nothing but cancer.

Also gatekeeping is good, look at the pretentious retards it was keeping at bay.

None of this is art, these are products. The whole show is a "nerd lifestyle" show, and not a video game show. Everything the hosts or their guest appearances are saying is something they saw on social media. Clearly most of those people have "experienced video games" as memes on Twitter or as video clips and streams, and not as software on their PC, and clearly the producers of the show expect this to be true for most of the audience too. It has nothing to do with art and all to do with commodification, which is something traditional art suffers from as well.
So basically you went off in the wrong direction with that random Ebert shoehorn.

SlamDunk

Arcane
https://www.youtube.com/c/guerrillacollective/videos

rzASTo6.jpg

ADL

Prophet
Doesn't sound like Massive's Avatar game is gonna be shown and Beyond Good & Evil 2 is still "early in development". Don't think we'll see anything cool this year.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
First UBISOFT game now had a combat unit consisting of 75% women, and with all leadership being female. Just Lol.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
and its like the made up caricature games 4chan and the Codex invent to talk about what a bad state things are in, and what snowflakes play.
"made up caricature that actually exists when I take the time to look at it"

Made up caricatures of X and Y game, actually exist as nameless indies with 700 views on their trailers.
So yes, you are still retarded and wrong, but incidentally, without you being aware, the demons that haunt you are actually mice in a hole somewhere.

Codex Year of the Donut
and its like the made up caricature games 4chan and the Codex invent to talk about what a bad state things are in, and what snowflakes play.
"made up caricature that actually exists when I take the time to look at it"

Made up caricatures of X and Y game, actually exist as nameless indies with 700 views on their trailers.
So yes, you are still retarded and wrong, but incidentally, without you being aware, the demons that haunt you are actually mice in a hole somewhere.
nameless indies who get covered by major events and IGN articles about it
https://www.ign.com/articles/wholes...lease-date-skatebird-ooblets-summer-of-gaming
A Walk With Yiayia
A game about walking around the neighborhood and talking with your grandma after she's had a fall, trying to help her rebuild her confidence. Developed by Trent Garlipp, coming to Steam.

You think it's a caricature because it fits your worldview. Your posts are you dealing with cognitive dissonance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom