Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

EA wins "Worst Company in America 2012", reacts butthurt

Dexter

Arcane
EA won the "Worst Company in America" Award on The Consumerist this year, after it managed to beat SONY, Best Buy, Comcast, AT&T and finally even the Bank of America in the yearly user vote: http://consumerist.com/2012/04/congratulations-ea-you-are-the-worst-company-in-america-for-2012.html
Oh well, Worst Company In America 2012 is officially in the books. All that's left to do is send off the Golden Poo to EA.
Traditionally, the Poo has been delivered on its little red pillow. But this year, we'll give EA three different color options for its pillow, though in the end it's still the same old Poo.

EA's reaction was a little butthurt: http://kotaku.com/5899092/worst-company-in-america-ea-says-halliburton-must-be-relieved-it-wasnt-nom
In a statement to Kotaku, EA Senior Director of Corporate Communications John Reseburg said:
We're sure that British Petroleum, AIG, Philip Morris, and Halliburton are all relieved they weren't nominated this year. We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide.

Reseburg also said the Human Rights Campaign is currently circulating a position to support the publisher's "decision to have developers include same-sex relationships in recent games including Star Wars: The Old Republic and Mass Effect 3." He also brought up the fact that EA-owned studio BioWare made it to the finals of the 'Best Developer' contest run by gaming site The Escapist.

At least they have their priorities straight on what to be most proud of making games.

Phelot

Arcane
Heh. Lots of hurt feelings in that response by them, not that they really care.

As if having gay sex in a video game is some major achievement. :salute:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
:lol::lol::lol:
So their response is 'we are not evil,look we just added buttsecks to our games':hearnoevil:

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Eh, I was hoping for a more disastrous PR response, this is just merely passive-aggressive by EA standards.

Oh well, maybe there will be lots of LOCKDOWNS and END OF LINES on the BSN when this topic is brought up to make up for it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
So horrible that people throw millions of dollars at them. LMAO

ea > all

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Uh, actually SWTOR does not have same-sex relationships. And that caused a lot of butthurt.

Well, at launch at least. Don't know if they added any afterwards.

Seriously, EA? A prime example of how people are retarded. Even within the games industry Sony has been 1000x worse with their "we will sue you for modifying your own console", "lets delete the games you bought and offer no refund because pirates exist", and "we lost all of your credit card information - oops, our bad".

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Hey this gets even better.I just noticed this

Consumerist said:
Oh well, Worst Company In America 2012 is officially in the books. All that's left to do is send off the Golden Poo to EA.
Traditionally, the Poo has been delivered on its little red pillow. But this year, we'll give EA three different color options for its pillow, though in the end it's still the same old Poo.

:hero:
Excellent trolling there guys

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seriously, EA? A prime example of how people are retarded. Even within the games industry Sony has been 1000x worse with their "we will sue you for modifying your own console", "lets delete the games you bought and offer no refund because pirates exist", and "we lost all of your credit card information - oops, our bad".

I'm pretty sure the reason EA "won" here is the same reason recent Bioware games have a 4.0 user metacritic score.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Calling EA the Worst Company in America is like calling the retarded kid at school retarded.

Amusing topic however.

deuxhero

Arcane
Heh. Lots of hurt feelings in that response by them, not that they really care.

As if having gay sex in a video game is some major achievement. :salute:

Flight Plan@2003: Regular girl/girl flirting that isn't just boy/girl flirting with pronouns changed (in fact only one character is actually intrested in the male hero, and she is way less enthusiastic about it). Characters propose marriage, express confusion over their attraction and you actually have multiple yuri pairings to pick from.
EA Edmonton@2005: Screen blacks out during gay kisses (but not for hetero ones), both "gay" characters are barely changed hetero romances. Only one "gay" option per sex. Oh I think the Girl/Girl option says she isn't even interested in you and is just faking it for political reasons.
EA Edmonton@2007: Alien chick that, again, is a barely changed option from males and isn't actually female. Also adds a giant element of creepy by making the "romance" options the main character's direct military subordinates (It's illegal IRL for many reasons). Again, only a single option, and only for girls.

You sure are progressive EA!

Hell! Lyndbaum not having a problem with lesbians actually makes sense unlike whatever the name of DA's world. Lyndbaum is kinda like Sigil and has a lot of mismashed cultural elements due to summoning things from other places into it with no return ticket (including modern Earth), so it makes senses its values wouldn't be parallel to middle ages Earth. DA? No excuse whatsoever.

Gerrard

Arcane

I'm pretty sure the reason EA "won" here is the same reason recent Bioware games have a 4.0 user metacritic score.
[Perception] Are you implying that /v/ was fighting the good fight with their votes?

Black

Arcane
this year, we'll give EA three different color options for its pillow, though in the end it's still the same old Poo.

Aww dang, ice cold burn, homies!

Cassidy

Arcane
How can EA be worse than the Bank of America Jews?

Unless they add a "if you mod the game or attempt to tamper with its DRM we'll take over your house and cancel your Origin account" clause to the license agreement... but being EA, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

Black

Arcane

Unless they add a "if you mod the game or attempt to tamper with its DRM we'll take over your house and cancel your Origin account" clause to the license agreement... but being EA, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

Some guy on /v/ offered an explanation.
Bank of America wins this every year. They simply wouldn't care anymore. This however, would send a pretty big message to EA that their customers are so sick of their shit, they voted them over the actual worst company.
Voting BoA would do nothing, but EA MIGHT (And i stress MIGHT) listen.

Besides, I voted for EA cuz I don't care about Amerikkkan lives, I care about video games!

Yeah, but the fact that Sony got by shows that the people going after EA now will have completely forgotten this in a few months time. Sony is a shit ton worse than EA for gamers, but everything they have done happened more than a week ago.

To be fair, you pay your bills ontime to the BofA jews and they won't fuck you (or at least, you can sue and fuck them right back). Same can't be said of EA. And Sony is of course the one that made legal precedent in the department of "being able to change the terms of use for any reason whatsoever and also fuck you".

Gerrard

Arcane
How is Sony worse than EA if I don't give a shit about consoles?

Black

Arcane
Exactly, they help the video game industry by making people give even less shits about consoles. Besides, Sony is dying, think of it as desperate last moves.

How is Sony worse than EA if I don't give a shit about consoles?

If I don't give a shit about BofA because I don't utilize their services that doesn't somehow make them a better company simply because I haven't been fucked by them yet.

Sony is the pack leader of the fucking the customers group, and every piece of shit that they manage to do on consoles eventually infects PCs as well.

Phelot

Arcane
BoA is pretty damn terrible, especially with their sloppy security, but it is nice seeing EA get called out a bit for their shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom