Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

EA wins "Worst Company in America 2012", reacts butthurt

Dexter

Arcane
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...-boycott-with-help-from-stephen-fry-and-yoda/

sURQd.jpg

pRIMP.jpg

:smug:

kazgar

Arcane
Good on Ben from North Korea for being one of the gay North Koreans with internet access and a SWTOR account.

Maybe he lives with Rudolph.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Wow, EA is so fucking incompetent. "Hey guys, maybe, just maybe we should remove North Korea from our randomized Bot naming program. I think the internet might be banned there or something."

I can't imagine how they've survived so long with such a terrible PR department.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So who did it? /V/ ?
First EA sent their bots to support the petition, then /v/ sent itself.
It's the perfect PR tactic actually.
1) Astroturf, but turf it in a dubious way
2) blame the trolls you manage to attract
3) everyone non-involved sees what they want to see, and you get free "controversy" publicity, where you're a victim.

I applaud the psychology consultant of EA's PR branch

:bravo:

Lunac

Arcane
The entire market was bad today, this doesn't have anything to do with what's going on in this thread.

The market was good if you are shorting, or in my case specifically, playing the inverse ETF side of things. Drop baby drop! When I heard the Dow dropped 100+ pts, yet again, I laughed out loud. Speaking of EA, they haven't published anything worth any shit since BF2 era. Everything since then has been consolified wanna-be-like-CoD nonsense. Gone are the days of modable and/or sandboxy shooters. These days cinematics are back in force, reminding me a bit of the FMV rise back in early-mid 1990s. I guess they got to fill all that space on them blu-ray discs with something. Might as well be poorly rendered and laughable "GET TO THE CHOPPAAAAA!!!" juvenile bullshit.

Micmu

Magister
STFU. This isn't the Yuppie Codex
go borking your filthy stocks somewhere else.
:x

Fact is, EA are in the shit and will no doubt toss ballast soon.

Angthoron

Arcane

Black

Arcane
The entire market was bad today, this doesn't have anything to do with what's going on in this thread.
And then there's articles like this:
http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/04/10/how-low-will-ea-go/

TLDR; article says that EA stock will continue falling because there's no reasons for it to do the opposite currently and in any foreseeable future.

Stinger

Arcane
YOU DARE COMPARE GRORIOUS CHINESE REPUBRIC GAME TO VARVE RIPOFF?!

DING DONG BANNU

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom