Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

EA wins "Worst Company in America 2012", reacts butthurt

Captain Shrek

Lol, some valid points :p

FUcking Bioware fanboy. But he's right on several accounts wrong on a few.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Wasn't that the same guy who was "ME3 was totally awesome except I'm butthurt over the ending!"?

Dexter

Arcane
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericsav...es-slide-after-hours-as-guidance-disappoints/

EA in late trading is down $1.23, or 8.1%, to $13.90.

http://kotaku.com/5908338/star-wars-the-old-republic-loses-400000-subscribers

Star Wars: The Old Republic has dropped from 1.7 million active subscribers to 1.3 million, publisher Electronic Arts said today in an earnings statement.
That's a loss of nearly 25% for the massively multiplayer online role-playing game, or 400,000 subscribers.

smiley-face-wallpaper-widescreen-001.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ah, the sweet sound of a $100,000,000-worth of voice acting circling the drain. :smug:

Duckard

Augur
I kind of hope that EA will pull an Old Yeller with Bioware. The butthurt would be glorious.

Dexter

Arcane
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4435219#post4435219
Hey folks, since you’re reading this you may likely have heard that we’ve done some restructuring here on the SWTOR team. Sadly, we are bidding farewell to some talented, passionate and exceptionally hard-working people who helped make SWTOR a reality. Impacting people’s lives this way is always very hard, but we’re ensuring the affected people are treated with dignity, fairness and respect.
Looking back at launch, we all came together and did something historic. We executed one of the largest, most successful and stable launches of any MMO yet in industry history. That is not an easy feat for any development team or company and we are humbled and honored by our fan community’s strong support both at launch and beyond.
Looking forward, the studio remains vibrant and passionate about our many upcoming initiatives for Star Wars: The Old Republic. We still have a very substantial development team working on supporting and growing the game, and we feel we are in a strong position, with your continued involvement and feedback, to continue to build Star Wars: The Old Republic as one of the most compelling and successful online experiences in the world today. There are many strong initiatives planned for cool new content and new features that we’re excited to tell you about in the upcoming weeks and months.
Rest assured that we remain dedicated to delivering a high quality service in SWTOR to you, our fans, and we will continue to support and grow Star Wars: The Old Republic over the weeks, months and years to come.
Thanks,
Greg and Ray
So it begins
lolarumb.gif

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
What was Tortanic's budget and how many normal games could have been made for it again?

Wonder how they ever got clearance for that money.

Don't know about the money,there are about 15 different estimates from 50 to 300 milions,but if the rumour about the 200 people is true,those are enough for a AAA non-MMO.I know MMOs have larger teams but it's still very large number of lay-offs

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Looks like I should buy some EA stocks. I'm running low on toilet paper and at this rate EA shares will be cheaper than the brand I usually buy by the end of the month.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Nexxon already threw its huge wad of cash at NCSoft so outside of some kind of disgusting EA/Actiblizz merger I think this ship is headed for the deep.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Kind of wish I was in the media. I could do an article on EA and how investors were panicking and selling off EA stock as quickly as possible because EA is losing a ton of money on TOR and other stuff. Doesn't matter if it's true. A rumor about bad performance can cause investors to panic, sell stock, and have the price drop 5%.

Weren't they at like $15 a while ago? They seem to be sinking fast lol.
If you look at the 52 week range, you'll see it use to be at $26. It's dropped 40-50% in the past 6 months. That's crazy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom