Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Eastward - 90s anime inspired sci-fi action adventure/RPG

Cat Dude

Savant
Another low quality made in China product

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Chucklefish is fairly safe. All their games end up as 6/10 - 8/10. They never published a real classic, but no terrible game either.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Chucklefish is fairly safe. All their games end up as 6/10 - 8/10. They never published a real classic, but no terrible game either.

I've enjoyed quite a bit all the games they've released so I'm inclined to pick this up.

I wanted the Switch version but the price difference is fucking huge and probably not worth it for the portability, so I'll end up buying it on Steam.

By the way, these devs games(either self-made or published) sell like hotcakes. Since they're only a handful of people, they're probably rich by now.

Last edited:

The Decline

Arcane
I wanted the Switch version but the price difference is fucking huge and probably not worth it for the portability, so I'll end up buying it on Steam.
/QUOTE]

I specifically picked up a used hackable Switch recently just to avoid this situation. That and all the cool shit you can do with CFW.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I specifically picked up a used hackable Switch recently just to avoid this situation. That and all the cool shit you can do with CFW.
I didn't bother yet because I bought it mostly to play Nintendo games and other exclusives. Most of the multiplats I get on PC anyway because of it being the superior version technically.

I've also played for a long time some games online like Mario Tennis(was a fucking pro player on this, managed to hit first place on the leaderboards once)and Super smash brothers.

Once Nintendo's next console launches I might do it.

Enviado de meu SM-G780G usando o Tapatalk

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Played a bit. So far feels more like a guided-plot tour with a couple of gameplay moments, than a game with a couple of plot moment. Looks really nice though

Jinn

Arcane
Played a bit. So far feels more like a guided-plot tour with a couple of gameplay moments, than a game with a couple of plot moment. Looks really nice though

Please tell me how shit it is down the line. Been interested, but have not read great things about gameplay, pacing, story, etc. Been waiting for a prestigious codex opinion.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Please tell me how shit it is down the line. Been interested, but have not read great things about gameplay, pacing, story, etc. Been waiting for a prestigious codex opinion.

will do

Machocruz

Arcane
This fell way the fuck off my radar. Was looking forward to it, but I'm not into tourism. What a shame.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Finished chapter 2 and it feels like I'm getting a thick thumb from just pressing the same button for advancing the text in the speech bubbles again and again. Gameplay remains minimal to the point I'm not sure I would even call it a game. Sure, it has a couple of puzzles, an escape sequence, and another (extremely easy) boss fight, but these are short diversions from the 80% of plot the game is ramming down my throat. There's a sense of an overall threat looming and it clears up what the stakes are, but I rather would get that as gameplay, not told in seemingly never-ending inane dialogue.

Not sure if I want to continue, it's really not much fun

Ivan

Arcane
Enjoying this quite a bit. I love being in the world. The attention to detail makes exploration a treat, at least the first time through. I like that the game offers fast travel, though it refreshes the world state often enough to place NPCs in new location with new flavor dialogue. I can echo the sentiment above in that the combat is the weakest element of the game. The experience is much better when it mixes the puzzle solving with the combat. So far, a very cozy experience with amazing presentation, lackluster combat, and decent puzzle solving.

Ivan

Arcane
I'm calling it.

Gorgeous visuals aside, Eastward suffers from largely boring gameplay and poor pacing. The combat and exploration sections are solid, often feeling like lite Zelda, but there's not enough emphasis on resource management to make combat feel compelling, and the puzzles are the only things that kept me from falling asleep. I thought the visuals would be enough to keep me going, but whenever I come back to it, I'm reminded of how boring it is to play. It sure is a looker, but after that...

Back to my Persona 5 playthrough. Curious to see if the pacing picks up after that long ass tutorial w/the gym coach.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm calling it.

Gorgeous visuals aside, Eastward suffers from largely boring gameplay and poor pacing. The combat and exploration sections are solid, often feeling like lite Zelda, but there's not enough emphasis on resource management to make combat feel compelling, and the puzzles are the only things that kept me from falling asleep. I thought the visuals would be enough to keep me going, but whenever I come back to it, I'm reminded of how boring it is to play. It sure is a looker, but after that...

Back to my Persona 5 playthrough. Curious to see if the pacing picks up after that long ass tutorial w/the gym coach.
The gym coach part is the best story beat of the game, in my opinion.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Could be God's own game and I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than give Chucklefuck a wooden nickel. Don't care what the percentage is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom