Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Anime Eastward - 90s anime inspired sci-fi action adventure/RPG

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by LESS T_T, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Cat Dude Learned

Cat Dude
    Another low quality made in China product

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  3. Thac0 Time Mage Patron

Thac0
    Chucklefish is fairly safe. All their games end up as 6/10 - 8/10. They never published a real classic, but no terrible game either.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Jrpgfan Erudite

Jrpgfan
    I've enjoyed quite a bit all the games they've released so I'm inclined to pick this up.

I wanted the Switch version but the price difference is fucking huge and probably not worth it for the portability, so I'll end up buying it on Steam.

By the way, these devs games(either self-made or published) sell like hotcakes. Since they're only a handful of people, they're probably rich by now.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    ^ Top  
  5. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2021
    • Math! Math! x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. The Decline Arcane

The Decline

I specifically picked up a used hackable Switch recently just to avoid this situation. That and all the cool shit you can do with CFW.

^ Top  
  7. Jrpgfan Erudite

Jrpgfan
    I didn't bother yet because I bought it mostly to play Nintendo games and other exclusives. Most of the multiplats I get on PC anyway because of it being the superior version technically.

I've also played for a long time some games online like Mario Tennis(was a fucking pro player on this, managed to hit first place on the leaderboards once)and Super smash brothers.

Once Nintendo's next console launches I might do it.

Enviado de meu SM-G780G usando o Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    ^ Top  
  8. Grauken Arcane Patron

Grauken
    Played a bit. So far feels more like a guided-plot tour with a couple of gameplay moments, than a game with a couple of plot moment. Looks really nice though

^ Top  
  9. Jinn Arcane

Jinn
    Please tell me how shit it is down the line. Been interested, but have not read great things about gameplay, pacing, story, etc. Been waiting for a prestigious codex opinion.

^ Top  
  10. Grauken Arcane Patron

Grauken
    will do

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Machocruz Arcane

Machocruz
    This fell way the fuck off my radar. Was looking forward to it, but I'm not into tourism. What a shame.

^ Top  
  12. Grauken Arcane Patron

Grauken
    Finished chapter 2 and it feels like I'm getting a thick thumb from just pressing the same button for advancing the text in the speech bubbles again and again. Gameplay remains minimal to the point I'm not sure I would even call it a game. Sure, it has a couple of puzzles, an escape sequence, and another (extremely easy) boss fight, but these are short diversions from the 80% of plot the game is ramming down my throat. There's a sense of an overall threat looming and it clears up what the stakes are, but I rather would get that as gameplay, not told in seemingly never-ending inane dialogue.

Not sure if I want to continue, it's really not much fun

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Nifft Batuff Liturgist

Nifft Batuff
    The game is nice.

^ Top  
  14. Nifft Batuff Liturgist

Nifft Batuff
    But why is it in the JRPG subforum?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.