Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Edge Of Eternity

Sinatar

Arbiter
COSHr1N.png

Yea...

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Yes of course it's a FFX clone but has anyone played it, is it any good? That's what I wanna know.

Falksi

Arcane
I haven't even played FFX.

You should. It's cheesy, it's linear, but it's also brilliant.
It's pretty but that's about it.

It has a deliciously innocent & genuine story, with a superb tie in to the summons & previous games, and feels like an epic adventure too.......there's way more to it than it's prettyness. You just have to be into that type of game.

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I haven't even played FFX.

You should. It's cheesy, it's linear, but it's also brilliant.
It's pretty but that's about it.

Deliciously innocent & genuine story, with a superb tie in to the summons & previous games, feels like an epic adventure.......way more to it than it's prettyness. You just have to be into that type of game.
I enjoy a decent JRPG, but like many others if you don't buy into the writing/setting/tone it's basically pointless as a game.

Why isn't this thread in JRPG yet?

Also I like that cat. That's pretty good.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
That moment when you have to specify your companions are human.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Play End of Eternity instead

ALQ2kgz.jpg

jWmah6U.jpg

IIAcZds.jpg

POBa4BP.jpg

Priorities set straight. Just as your sexuality.

Great game too, might become a big slog at the end though (if you go for all the optional stuff).

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Checked a few gameplay videos and it looks janky as fuck. Faces that look like :prosper:and the model body proportions and the animations are just really off most of the time it seems.

Combat looks boring, there seems to be some sort of a hex grid involved for positioning, but otherwise looks like a pretty standard fair and it's all so slow and with no apparent lethality. Looks like character development is done through some kind of a grid where you input crystals into nodes on a path. And I guess it's based on the weapon you're wearing instead of a fixed one for each character? Loot looks like random mmo shit. Of course the videos were from the start of the game, but looks pretty shit so far, so cba to look any further. Pass for me unless proven otherwise.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Released, seems like I was retarded enough to buy this so going to try it out

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Played for 5 hours, some thoughts:

- Everything feels like shitty singleplayer MMO. Side quests are practically run to place z, kill Y x times, loot flowers and other shit from maps and so on. Boring and unoriginal.
- No likable characters so far and MC seems retarded. Dialogue is also comically bad.
- No customization for characters, equipment and crystal system / crafting feels pointless. Might be too early to say if there are more customization later in the game.
- Mana and HP restore fully after each encounter so random encounters are really pointless difficulty wise (no resource management) . At least you can run past random encounters quite easily.
- Combat on hard (second hardest difficulty) is way too easy going to test nightmare for now.

Think I'm going to try another 5 hours but most likely not going to finish this game.

Maximilian

Seems like the only appealing aspect of this game is the cover art.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom