Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Eisenwald: Blood of November - standalone expansion for Legends of Eisenwald

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Huh: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1684781151/eisenwald-blood-of-november

In this new story you will get to decide who is fit for the throne of the duchy of Eisenwald. The duke is dead, long live the duke. Two factions vie for the throne and you will have to choose a side, for neutrality is not an option.

cb56a8602a6e0c3b9cc134ce025dacb1_original.jpg

We considered where we wanted to take the Eisenwald experience following on from Legends of Eisenwald and we decided that the sandbox route might suit our style of gameplay best. This will give the player an opportunity to experience the world of Eisenwald from a new angle, but still enjoy an old-school adventure in a standalone form. It’s also a great option for players scared off by the hefty 50 hours that was in Legends of Eisenwald. No prior knowledge of Eisenwald is required to get the full experience in Blood of November.

This new adventure will have many new features:
  • Random events that add a great amount of replayability;
  • Smart re-spawn - improved dynamic balance of the armies;
  • Updated look - the engine and graphics will be reworked and improved;
  • Sandbox like gameplay – freedom of movement;
  • Experimental quest system that will change according to your behavior.
2bc7de0cd6a3a17a921b7fe0dad7306e_original.jpg

Ingame screenshot
If you are Legends of Eisenwald $35+ tier backer or holder of Season Pass, you will receive this game free of charge.

This game will cost $9 and provide 6-10 hours of gameplay.

Legends of Eisenwald is an adventure game with tactical battles, RPG and strategy elements set in a low fantasy medieval world where supersticions of that time became alive. It was funded in May 2012 on Kickstarter and was released in 2015 on Steam and GOG where it was well received.

Funding goal is $12,000.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luka-boy

Arcane
I was wondering when they would start the Kickstarter.

Hopefully they don't spend a single cent trying to make a cinematic video.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
New hero is unlikely since time to release is too short - this time around we don't want to waste too much time and release it when we promise. Or at least give our best effort :) But we will see how the campaign goes!

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
backed too. Fortunatly, the funding campaign ends before the end of September, as my Mastercard will expire just after the KS campaign. I'm feeling lucky

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is this the big expansion you talked about?
We won't be able to do a truly big expansion - with that I would have loved to add new units, upgrade buildings, etc. But this will be big enough and with new features. On a huge Windfeld like map this will provide tons of fun :)
Could you please elaborate a bit on this pledge level:

Knight of Eisenwald
*A COPY OF THE GAME
*THANKS IN THE CREDITS
*LEGENDS OF EISENWALD KNIGHT'S EDITION COPY
*LEGENDS OF EISENWALD SEASON PASS
(includes three items, including this game)

For someone who hasn't paid close attention, this is left a bit obscure. So this includes the original game, this current project and some third item? Or you get the original game, this project and two additional items?

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Could you please elaborate a bit on this pledge level:
For someone who hasn't paid close attention, this is left a bit obscure. So this includes the original game, this current project and some third item? Or you get the original game, this project and two additional items?
The new game, the old game and season pass! :) Three items. Damn, I thought I was very clear about it.

So is this a tactical RPG like Legends?
It's still a tactical RPG with some sandbox features and not fully story driven like original Legends of Eisenwald.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Aterdux Entertainment Just add next to SEASON PASS "(including future Legends of Eisenwald DLC to be released after Blood of November)"

BTW will that DLC be standalone too? Actually, just how standalone is this? Just to be clear, are we talking two separate games on Steam?

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Aterdux Entertainment Just add next to SEASON PASS "(including future Legends of Eisenwald DLC to be released after Blood of November)"

BTW will that DLC be standalone too? Actually, just how standalone is this? Just to be clear, are we talking two separate games on Steam?
Unfortunately, rewards cannot be edited after someone takes it.

And yes, this will be a standalone game. Changes have accumulated too much so we can't keep one code base. Also, working on it in early stages we experienced a few bugs that got into LoE. As a result, we had to split and develop it separately, otherwise it's way more work to keep the same code base.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom