Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Old Hans

Arcane
The gameplay leak is from the Xbox One version. I assume next-gen and PC is going to look significantly better.
I hope so. I really hope so. that footage looked impressive than 2012 dragons dogma

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Looks kindda bad but seems like it's due to poor lighting and texture resolution, so probably a PS4 footage.

Which is the rating for "cope" ?

If ER actually looks that bad on PC with full details I'll get a retard tag for a year. If it looks at least as good as Sekiro you'll get it. Deal?

I think ER looks fine therefore the bet doesn't make sense for me.

JDR13

Arcane
The gameplay leak is from the Xbox One version. I assume next-gen and PC is going to look significantly better.
Massive doubt.jpg
The trend is to have higher framerate and resolutions, and maybe bump up shadow resolution a bit, on new generation consoles. Textures, models, animations, effects go unchanged.

It depends on the game. CP 2077 for example is night and day on old-gen vs PC.
CP2077 new gen version hasn't even released.
PS: also CP2077 was very clearly a next-gen title from the very start. ER doesn't even look better than early ps4 games.

Maybe you should read what I said again.

ADL

Prophet
Who cares about the graphics?

DS3 fags.
I'd be okay with borderline mediocre graphics if we got fantastic performance in their games but Sekiro and DaS3 struggle to remain at a consistent 4K/60 on high-end systems and we all know how poor Bloodborne run regardless of PS4/PS4 Pro/PS5 hardware. They have damn near unlimited resources, why is their tech so far behind everyone else's?

This unequivocally looks like a quest compass to me:

that's clearly an highlighted point of interest right there.
You can turn it off and play without, you know that.

Congrats on totally missing the point. "Just turn it off" is never an answer, because the quibble is over design. When a game is designed around quest compasses, turning the UI off doesn't change the design.
Imagine turning off the compass in Skyrim.
Quest dialog: "Go clear out this draugr lair"
Solution: Clear out every draugr lair until you get lucky?

Sentinel

Arcane
Massive doubt.jpg
The trend is to have higher framerate and resolutions, and maybe bump up shadow resolution a bit, on new generation consoles. Textures, models, animations, effects go unchanged.

PS: also CP2077 was very clearly a next-gen title from the very start. ER doesn't even look better than early ps4 games.

What you said post-edit now does make sense., but still does not apply. FromSoft is a console developer, the PC version won't have upgraded visuals over consoles other than resolution bumps.

Sentinel

Arcane
The game is the Dark Souls 2 they initially wanted to make before development got halted and they reworked all their assets into a Dark Souls 1-like game. Open world, competing with the west in terms of design.

Except that they're once again working on an IP that isn't theirs, and signed to Bamco who obviously just wants Dark Souls 4 and not an actual new IP.

JDR13

Arcane
Massive doubt.jpg

What you said post-edit now does make sense., but still does not apply. FromSoft is a console developer, the PC version won't have upgraded visuals over consoles other than resolution bumps.

Nice try, but my post was never edited.

As far as old-gen vs PC, we won't know how much of a difference there is until it's actually released or at least until there's some comparison footage.

RapineDel

Augur
The worst thing about a quest compass isn't that it tells you where things are on the map, it's that it tells you where things aren't.

In Witcher 3, a glance at the map basically tells you "hey, we've put all the content at these "?" spots, everything else is just graphic filler for your "immersion""

It destroys exploration as I know there's zero chance of me finding anything of interest if I climb that mountain over there for instance.

I'd be more ok with the compass if it simply revealed locations you've already been to etc. But if it does the same as Skyrim where it has a bunch of unvisited icons that'll spoil it for me.

Tyrr

Liturgist
jwSd5dA.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom