Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The only real question is how they gonna fit the Dark Souls formula with an open world setting.

Other than that i think we all know what to expect, like it or not.

Climb bell towers to unlock new areas.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Dark Souls for the Ubisoft crowd.

I don't think so.

Maybe if the faggots who made the Demon Souls remake made it, yes, i would be worried about it. But FromSoftware is just gonna From. DS2 showed that to be the case even when they fuck up.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
images

Patches leaked.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

It's good.

Edit: I got goose-bumps and that's more than I was expecting.

I didn't think they can make open-world Dark Souls but it looks like they did it.

The castle, the atmosphere, the lighting are top notch. From Software is insane.

Sentinel

Arcane
Pretty embarrassing showcase. Player equipment looked good but everything else is assets From their last software (TM). Animations, spell effects, NPCs, the catacombs looked like rehashed chalice dungeons from BB (which were dogshit). Even has ubisoft bandit camps for epic crafting materials. OST also sounded bland. Anyone excited for this has no right to criticize anyone who buys CoD/FIFA/Madden/Ubishit year in year out.

I liked the waifu though.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Wunderbar

Arcane
They reused so many assets, ER looks more Dark Souls than Dark Souls 2. It's pathetic.

You are saying this like it's a bad thing!? :)
they named this game "Elden Ring", not "Dark Souls 4". I expected it to look like a new intellectual property, not like a lazy asset flip with zero new ideas. The whole "open world with ubisoft towers" thing doesn't inspire optimism either.

Sentinel

Arcane
They did recycle like 80% of BB/DS3 animations and sounds but fuck it, I need it now.

Except that the animations are more fluid. They also improved the lightning greatly.

They reused so many assets, ER looks more Dark Souls than Dark Souls 2. It's pathetic.

You are saying this like it's a bad thing!? :)

Pretty embarrassing ...

Yeah, your post is pretty embarrassing.
You're such a desperate fanboy that your only defense of the game is "but the graphics are better this time". Congratulations, you've gone full retard.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was gonna jump and say that I don't like the map, but it seems that the map is just a huge mass of nothing really. It's just there for you to place your own markers. Which is fine.

Game looks great otherwise.

Also... The Way of the Dragon is back, baby! I can FINALLY go monk-mode, and not look like a fucking ponce!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom