Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't have any friends
Hard to make friends when you hold such a reprehensible opinion:

jw.png

Bendu

Augur
So played for an hour. It definitely feels like a DS3/Sekiro hybrid in an open world. If you didn't like either, you are not gonna like this one. No fall damage, but you can die if you jump off a high place.

Hassar

Scholar
So played for an hour. It definitely feels like a DS3/Sekiro hybrid in an open world. If you didn't like either, you are not gonna like this one. No fall damage, but you can die if you jump off a high place.

I watched an IGN video where the player commented that the hit detection on the first boss’s shield was negligible or nonexistent such that hits went through it without interruption.

Combat is not the be-all-and-end-all for me but I highly value well-designed hit detection and such from my SF competition games.

Is that the case from your experience?

Bendu

Augur

I watched an IGN video where the player commented that the hit detection on the first boss’s shield was negligible or nonexistent such that hits went through it without interruption.

Combat is not the be-all-and-end-all for me but I highly value well-designed hit detection and such from my SF competition games.

To be honest, I didn't pay much attention to the hit detection on the first boss, but I would say it was negligible.

Hassar

Scholar

To be honest, I didn't pay much attention to the hit detection on the first boss, but I would say it was negligible.

Got it. Appreciate the response and your note about DS3/Sekiro. Very helpful without beating around the bush.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Watch other videos, or if you unfortunately got to play this game early then test properly you retards! There is fall damage you absolute cretins. There are videos that show various degrees of damage taken from falling including dying while on the horse. It dies first then you. Watch the influx of videos that came out so far and stop spreading bullshit.
And Sekiro had fall damage as well though you had to drop from very high. In ER it's not that forgiving.

Perkel

Arcane
TWitcher 3 doesn't have a lot of meaningful content, but it's still 100hrs long.

Just doing main quest route without most of sidequest and contracts you get 70 hours. TW3 with all DLC without doing any bandit camps and non story shit like that is easily 150 to 200 hours.

Young_Hollow

Liturgist

His key points:
-Jumping is possible
-You get a horse
-Horse can jump and double-jump
-Bonfires aren't the only savepoints
-You get healing wares after killing groups of enemies
-Invasions aren't possible in the old style of invading an un-suspecting guy
-Invader has a compass / direction to the host
-Invader can teleport around using consumable he gets when invading
-There is crafting
-DS1 style poise system but backstab fishing has been nerfed somehow?
-There is a day-night cycle
-There is cavalry / mounted combat, including mounted casting and mounted archery
-There is easy fast-travel
-There is a counter / riposte like move you can do after blocking an enemy attack
-You can de-horse others by parrying their attacks and can be de-horsed yourself, and the player animation for getting up afterwards is very slow and you'll take damage while doing so

Viata

Arcane
When you see this pic do you think that this is a fellow man you could engage in some guy talk with? Do you think this is a bloke you would have a beer with? Just one of the lads?
So? I don't think the same about gay people, but I still use he on them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom