Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
So I was watching Vaatividya doing some PVP and I noticed stamina use for rolling and general damage output was very low meaning all the characters had pretty high hp/stamina. I'm hoping there's some info out there on From buffing the characters you play in the network test because this isn't the level of deadliness that all their other games had.

Usually the test and demo characters are buffed up compared to what you actually start out with in the games.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
So I was watching Vaatividya doing some PVP and I noticed stamina use for rolling and general damage output was very low meaning all the characters had pretty high hp/stamina. I'm hoping there's some info out there on From buffing the characters you play in the network test because this isn't the level of deadliness that all their other games had.
those are 2 different issues, TOK ( time to kill) and stamina usage. I 'm all in favor of making TOK longer, it makes the pvp more tactical, less rng and the whole 1shot fiesta goes away. Thumbs up. On the other hand, stamina usage for roll should be high, not ala DS3 roll spam

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
RDT_20211209_0926355134837295500483782.jpg

Giantess waifu confirmed?

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Feels too Dark Soulsy, hopefully there's a twist or something that makes it unique like Bloodborne had. I love Dark Souls but I'm pretty sick of the same motifs repeated over and over. And if this is the intro cinematic then all of From's intro cinematics feel lame compared to the first Dark Souls. The creation myth was an excellent way to start the game.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Feels too Dark Soulsy, hopefully there's a twist or something that makes it unique like Bloodborne had. I love Dark Souls but I'm pretty sick of the same motifs repeated over and over. And if this is the intro cinematic then all of From's intro cinematics feel lame compared to the first Dark Souls. The creation myth was an excellent way to start the game.

It is Dark Souls with horses and an open world.

I thought Miyazaki was done with DS?

View attachment 21907

Giantess waifu confirmed?

Don't let Twitter find out!

Child of Malkav

Erudite

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I love how people pretty forgot that George R. R. Martin was somehow involved in this and nobody even mentions it anymore, 'cause we all know it doesn't matter.

Was Sekiro any good story/lore wise? Because Dark Souls 3 was a derivative travesty.

Even if this game is Dark Souls 4 in all but name at least it will never be as bad as Dark Souls 3 by virtue of the fact they cannot literally rehash shit from the previous games. At best they can make up stuff that is similar but still not exactly the same like DS3 did.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Was Sekiro any good story/lore wise?
Sekiro was quite different from their other games thematically, and more focused on characters than item descriptions, but it tends to have the same beats with the fall of the world being replaced with things getting worse as the war rages on. It has a Bloodbornesque change in tone, with supernatural elements and spirits becoming more and more prominent as the game goes on. The game revolves around the main character who you play deciding where your loyalties lie, whether it's the master you swore to protect, or the shinobi code. Overall i thought it was good, but much less compelling than the first time I played Dark Souls which totally absorbed me.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
fall of the world being replaced with things getting worse as the war rages on.
It's not apocalyptic. The events of Sekiro take place in Japan, a much more localized environment. Basically a temple, a castle and some areas surrounding them and/or between them. The place you're in will be conquered but you can leave at the end, in one of the endings. But nothing world ending.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
It's not apocalyptic. The events of Sekiro take place in Japan, a much more localized environment. Basically a temple, a castle and some areas surrounding them and/or between them. The place you're in will be conquered but you can leave at the end, in one of the endings. But nothing world ending.
That's what I said. The fall of the world in other games is replaced with something similar but more localised. A war raging on and consuming the land.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom