Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM - coming January 21st

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by HoboForEternity, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Lyric Suite Converting to Islam

Lyric Suite
    Decent extrapolations if you can stand listening to someone giving Myazaki a blowjob for 14m:

• No x 6
    • Funny x 3
    • Excited! x 2
    • decline x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. fork Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

fork
    Most of the Codex, yes. Just like most of the general gaming population. I still like to think that the Codex is somewhat better though, with a slightly lower percentage falling to hype/preordering. Fabulously optimistic though, probably.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Caim Arcane

Caim
    The difference is that we at least talk about good games and pretend we play them, and we don't play the worst tripe that is on the market thinking it's the hottest shit on the planet.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. TheSentinel Arcane

TheSentinel
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Machocruz Arcane

Machocruz
    I don't buy any games right when they come out. I didn't like what I saw or heard of DickS3, so I skipped it. I will get this if after a month Codex consensus appears more positive than that game. Im hoping for a world atmosphere similar to Shadow of the Colossus , desolation and mystery, which From has excelled at before btw.

I finally got around to Sekiro recently, and I really enjoyed the tone, story, and art direction. A Muhzaki Game that felt fresh again. Not sure if I'm ready for quasi European medieval fantasy wank yet again. Unless there is dismemberment and I can Fashion Rings a crusader.

^ Top  
  6. praetor Arcane

praetor
    so, what you're saying is, BB is a period drama... :smug:

^ Top  
  7. toroid Arcane

toroid
    Ah, the old open world with horse fast travel trope. I'm already tired of playing it. I hope From can work their magic on this one and make it seem less generic and accessible.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Egosphere Magister

Egosphere
    strange for a channel that is obsessed with details to not mention the apparent therianthropy present in the world

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Doggy Doggy x 6
    • Yes Yes x 2
    • sheeple sheeple x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Nifft Batuff Liturgist

Nifft Batuff
    Imagine the butthurt if this will be an open-world RPG like Oblivion.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. smaug Dumbfuck! Patron Dumbfuck Shitposter

smaug
    Insert Title Here
    looks boring, I guess it would be interesting to get something new but whatever

• Edgy x 2
    • rolleyes x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • sheeple x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Lyric Suite Converting to Islam

Lyric Suite
    ur mom was boring when i screwed her.

• nice x 3
    • butthurt x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • How DARE you!?? x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    • Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. smaug Dumbfuck! Patron Dumbfuck Shitposter

smaug
    Insert Title Here
    meh, I think dark souls had the potential to become a far more interesting game but it only declined further culminating in ds3, and this game doesn't look any different in that regard

• Okily Dokily! Okily Dokily! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Grimlorn Arcane

Grimlorn
    I'm a bit disappointed. I expected something a bit different since they took some extra time to develop this. I know people are excited at the prospects of a DS4 but I was kind of tired of it after 3. I also thought they'd at least make something that looks different even if they kept the same engine, third person perspective, basic combat the other games possessed. I know the art looks slightly different, but I noticed in that trailer that the mobs moved exactly like previous games, which essentially means they've just reskinned mobs for this game, probably mostly from DS3. I'm not even sure how much this has to do with Viking lore either.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. meanwhileInPoland Arcane

meanwhileInPoland
    nothing. according to the leaks its high fantasy setting inspired by Celtic/Scottish myths & folklore and with lore/world history written by Martin.

expect the usual homage/ references to Berserk manga. It would not be Miyazakis game without them :lol:

^ Top  
  15. Jenkem お前はもう死んでいる Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    the dark souls of soulslikes

• Yes Yes x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    also the shining tree is straight out world spiral tree

^ Top  
  17. DemonKing Arcane

DemonKing
    Can't see much GRR Martin DNA in that trailer - it literally looks like Dark Souls 4. Think it's safe to assume he took a paycheck so they could stick his name on the box and left it at that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Shrimp Learned

Shrimp
    That was my guess since the first time it was announced as well. They probably hired him for one or two consultancy sessions where he could comment or offer suggestions on whatever story (backstory or game story) they already had made. He got his paycheck and FROM got to use his name for advertising purposes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    i can't believe GRRM write anything aside from typing Mcdonald order so yes. i do hope he at least can write a will.

• Funny Funny x 5
    ^ Top  
  20. Jenkem お前はもう死んでいる Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    GRR Martin wrote the various tax policies you can find as collectibles throughout the game.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. NJClaw OoOoOoOoOoh Patron

NJClaw
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    At least we have a way to find out exactly what Martin wrote as soon as the game comes out. Anything that is not taken straight out of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 has to be Martin's work.

• Funny Funny x 11
    ^ Top  
  22. Shrimp Learned

Shrimp
    “Sunset found her THE TARNISHED squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up, she THE TARNISHED was shitting brown water. The more she THE TARNISHED drank the more she THE TARNISHED shat, but the more she THE TARNISHED shat, the thirstier she THE TARNISHED grew.”

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Shit Shit x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    I've never expected Martin to be an important part of the game. Miyazaki said Martin created the lore, that he's like the author of a dungeon master guidebook. But even if he did create some sort of stark, austere Norse inspired mythos the Japs gonna Jap, they can't help themselves, and they'll mix it with heavy doses of various AZN whacky craziness. Expecting this to be some sort of GoT Souls is fruity.

• incline incline x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.