Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Steezus

Savant
Patron
On a small scale it is still present in Bloodborne and DS3. The thing is, interconnected level in a From Soft game is like a narrative twist in a Shayamalan movie. You kind of know it'll be there, and it does not impress the way it did the first time around.

I think it's not neccessarly because you come to expect it, but more that the interconnectedness no longer serves any meaningful practicality. The shortcuts and connections become mostly cosmetic in nature, since bonfire placement and warping make them obsolete.

Jinn

Arcane
Damn, that release time is way later in the day than a normal steam release, by a good 6 hours. And here I was thinking they would do a midnight release like with Sekiro. The wait just got even longer.

:negative:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Fugh, releasing on Friday 25th, at midnight.

Meaning the earliest I can play is about 18 hours after the launch, after coming from work Friday evening. By then the hikkomori will have already explored everything, cracked all the puzzles and killed all the bosses twice, naked with a broken laddle.

Shrimp

Arbiter

Meaning the earliest I can play is about 18 hours after the launch, after coming from work Friday evening. By then the hikkomori will have already explored everything, cracked all the puzzles and killed all the bosses twice, naked with a broken laddle.
If your goal is to have an untainted playthrough without any major spoilers you should probably also steer clear of all online threads and platforms long before the games goes live. Since they let us preload the game two days in advance you can bet dataminers will try to sift through everything as soon as possible.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

If your goal is to have an untainted playthrough without any major spoilers you should probably also steer clear of all online threads and platforms long before the games goes live. Since they let us preload the game two days in advance you can bet dataminers will try to sift through everything as soon as possible.
The first one who posts datamined stuff here or spoilers something wins my vote for Codex Greatest Retard of 2022.

Mortmal

Arcane

The first one who posts datamined stuff here or spoilers something wins my vote for Codex Greatest Retard of 2022.
Dont tempt people they are very well able to do this. Maybe new moderators should be appointed to prevent shit like that. Else it's better to avoid the dex too that day.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Sure, but isn't this always true?
Wrong. The 200 IQ move is not play anything and just read the codex thread about it. It will be sufficiently dissected that it's just like you played it yourself, minus the the grief and time investment. Hell, I haven't touched a game since I joined. I suspect that most of the games in which threads I post don't even exist but by this point I'm too afraid to ask.

You didn't miss much.

ferratilis

Magister
Sure, but isn't this always true?
Wrong. The 200 IQ move is not play anything and just read the codex thread about it. It will be sufficiently dissected that it's just like you played it yourself, minus the the grief and time investment. Hell, I haven't touched a game since I joined. I suspect that most of the games in which threads I post don't even exist but by this point I'm too afraid to ask.
Damn, that's some 5D chess shit. Can you teach me how to get salary without actually going to work, oh enlightened one?

Machocruz

Arcane

Facts. Truly the patrician way to enjoy vidya.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
0reyikdvh9j81.jpg

Silva

Arcane
Meh.

I'm trying to keep a positive mindset (I even pre-ordered), but It's hard. All I see is a bland fantasy theme-park. Speaking only for me, I'm a bit tired of the gameplay formula and would be more enthusiastic about a great setting and atmosphere like DS1 and BB had. If anything, DS2 and DS3 showed how important those elements are (by lacking them and being a sub-par experiences in the end).

That launch trailer is pure hypetrain but also full of spoilers:cry: But can you be spoilered if you do not know what the fuck you are looking at?

Two more days:bounce:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom