Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Johnny Biggums

Learned
It's running perfectly, graphics on medium, on my below minimum reqs laptop:

i5 10300H @ 2.5ghz
gtx 1050
8gb ram lol (adding another 8 tomorrow)

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Does this have barbarians?

Very early game got some viking/varangian type barbarians with big chonky swords and chonky horses too. Also some kind of rat orc? Not sure what those are.

Someone want to (honestly) tell me when they've beaten Margit? Because I'm having a really hard time understanding where these "too EZ" claims are coming from. That's from someone who has played Demons Souls through Sekiro to completion in the Soulsborne catalogue, minus Bloodborne.

I beat Margit but holy shit I got my ass handed to me like 10 times, beefed up, came back and spammed summons. Wolf pack + that sorcerer guy from the summon sign next to him.

Beefgate boss.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Allegedly the old trick of disabling "Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator" under software devices in device manager may have some beneficial effect for stuttering.

It's apparently some quirk of the Dark Souls 3 engine and worked for Sekiro as well.

Personally I'd have claimed such a thing unlikely, but apparently it has been common knowledge in the Souls PC community for a while. No idea if it's mass hysteria or actually beneficial in some way.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
60% positive on Steam

Oooof, really should've optimized the game for launch Fromsoft. This is like like tripping in front of the finish line.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
CODE VEIN

h2UaYHP.png

FAGGOT RING

B5CD1EFAFE5F4CC8855766197B3B1633AEF2481C

8E608857D079A4D49385C94E1AC47A2A0888D6B2

BROS I GUESS THAT ASS AINT HALF BAD
27144A33A49CE2B83C761E1094BC2D2D6D9ECE7A

So I am playing on my ancient rig from 2016:
i3-6100, 8 gb ram, Radeon R9 380 4GB, game installed on ssd - it is not even close to the minimum requirements but

on high settings in 1920x1080 I have 30-40 fps and game looks better than Sekiro
on low settings I have 50-60 fps and game looks a bit better than DS3

visible stuttering in some parts of the open world but it goes away after a while. nothing making the game unplayable or even ruining my fun:lol: but I am playing offline for now as I read it helps with performance.

First impressions are I am probably going to play this game and this game only for the rest of the year :)

In first 30 minutes I opened some random chest and got teleported/traped in some bloodborne like location on the other end of the world map with enemies one shotting my bitch ass confessor character. Mounted combat is actually good once you get the timing of swings right and parkour with the horse makes the exploration really fun.

ferratilis

Magister
Went with samurai, I love the new weapon abilities when holding LT. Tbh the gameplay reminds me a lot of Bloodborne, the movement is really fast. It will take a while to get used to jumping and jump attacks.

The only thing I don't like so far is the crafting and collection of herbs. What's next, witcher senses?! But the game is really tight, no doubt about that. And this might be the first FromSoft game with dynamic lighting? Nice.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Bros, the castle is pain.

Fromsoft really outdid themselves on the amount of bullshit they throw at you.

I'm loving it.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS STARTED NAKED NO GO IM NEEDING GET GUD

RESTARTED THREE TIMES NOW VAGABOND

SAME HEROIN CHIC TRANY LOOKING BITCH FUCK YOU FAGS NOT MY FALT TRYING TO GET BIG TITS GETS YOU A BARRREL CHEST

ANYWAYS BROS LOWERED SOME SETTINGS I THING I HAVE I7 RTX 3070 NO STUTTERING AFTER I LOWERED SOME SHIT ONE MOTHERFUCKER IN THIS THREAD SAIF GRASS QUALITY WAS A PERFORMANCE KILLER SO I PUT IT TO MEDIUM AND ITS ALL GOOD

ferratilis

Magister
Many of you probably know this from Souls, but it's worth reminding: turn off Auto Camera Wall Recovery in options. It will save you some hassle while going through narrow spaces, that feature killed me a few times in the past while walking on buttresses in Anor Londo. Don't even know why they still have it.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Someone want to (honestly) tell me when they've beaten Margit? Because I'm having a really hard time understanding where these "too EZ" claims are coming from.

Lol I just popped in to post exactly that. All those people flapping their gums about ER being too EZ but I so far I got my balls totally crushed by the initial boss, then the mounted knight and now Margit. P. much everything that's not a basic bitch soldier is stepping on my face.

'Suppose imma run around the open world for a bit more, try to get a better weapon (I can fucking use), titanite it up and come back.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
A question for everyone who experienced heavy stuttering that made the game unplayable: after how many hours and in what area did that start to happen? I need to understand if I haven't reached it yet or if I'm just blessed.

Jinn

Arcane
'Suppose imma run around the open world for a bit more, try to get a better weapon (I can fucking use), titanite it up and come back.

No, you're supposed to go in naked with a club, run towards the boss, and roll at the right time. Easy, dude.

Thank fuck this is a different type of game, finally.

Well, besides Sekiro that is.

SumDrunkGuy

I'm runnin around nekkid. Feels extra rewarding. Shitty low tier armor drops are like a tremendous find. This is what it's all about folks. True adventure.

ferratilis

Magister
A question for everyone who experienced heavy stuttering that made the game unplayable: after how many hours and in what area did that start to happen? I need to understand if I haven't reached it yet or if I'm just blessed.
It started immediately for me in the tutorial dungeon lol. Funny thing is, the stuttering is not random, it happens in exactly the same locations every time, for exactly the same duration of time. It's crazy, almost like it's programmed in. :argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom