Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Now I'm actually running around and exploring and there are little caves and mini dungeons everywhere far before you're even supposed to reach Margit. Pretty cool.
I'm 15 hours in and haven't even went to Stormhill yet

deem

Savant
I unlocked Roundtable Hold before defeating Margit. I don't know how I triggered it. Now I'm fighting a red phantom with a scythe.

I also opened two passages with Stonesword Keys at the RH. Beyond the first one...
you find a unique crossbow, and past the second one...
you find a book of miracles with 2 spells.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Has anyone tried using the dragon spells yet? I tried buying the firebreath one since it had the lowest stat requirements
It seems to deal respectable damage, but it drains my FP almost instantly if you hold down the button to continue spewing flames. Probably not worth the cost unless you plan on making a build around it, but maybe I'm just not using it properly?

Nathir

Liturgist
but I can't use them

you equip them in a quick slot and just sue them from there but they are restricted on where you can use them, there should be a gravestone symbol on your hud when you can.

I googled it (yeah, I know). Turns out you need to talk to an NPC first but she only appears at night at a specific location...

Anyway, I just died two times in a row against Magrit, both times he was 1 hit away from dying...

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
If you have a HDR monitor you might want to give it a try. I have been playing with HDR on/off and HDR actually looks a fuck ton better in this game, and this is the first game to actually look BETTER with HDR than without. Anytime I changed the setting I exited and re-entered the game to avoid any funnies when testing, I had also tested HDR off with 100% brightness. I also tested HDR on with all brightness values.

-----------

Also:
Anyone seen Patches? He locked me into a room with a knight but since then I have not found him anywhere else in the game and I have unlocked almost all the map.

Last edited:
Went with a DEX/FTH Confessor build, in 5 hours haven't found a single DEX weapon or a miracle, still rocking my starting Broadsword, so happy, 10/10 would go with DEX/FTH again.

try Forlorn Hound Evergaol in the south of Limgrave just before the bridge to weeping peninsula. you will have to beat mini boss for pretty cool curved sword with nice special attack.

the mni boss might be a bit difficult but you can summon an npc if you
do a quest for merchant Kale and find that blaidd npc in mistwood ruins

Wunderbar

Arcane
I googled it (yeah, I know). Turns out you need to talk to an NPC first but she only appears at night at a specific location...
you don't need to meet that NPC, a summoning bell can be bought at the Roundtable hold (twin hag merchant).

deem

Savant
Now I'm fighting a red phantom with a scythe.

I defeated the red phantom and acquired these...

...Faith claws.
20220226155707-1.jpg

20220226155728-1.jpg

20220226155732-1.jpg

Love them, but still need quite a lot of FTH to wield.

deem

Savant
That kn*ght from Forlorn evergaol is literally a reskinned boreal outrider from DaS3.

The knight you fight in the camp before the Stormgate moves eerily similar to the Lothric knights. The giant crabs made a comeback as well.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Went with a DEX/FTH Confessor build, in 5 hours haven't found a single DEX weapon or a miracle, still rocking my starting Broadsword, so happy, 10/10 would go with DEX/FTH again.

I had my club for 4 to 7 hours of playtime because I didn't find any weapons. The game is huge, after 25 hours I finally have a collection of weapons. I have a Zweihander and some Ultra Greatsword boss weapon. The Zwei is godly in this game though. The reach is great, the animation time is great, oh and it hits like a fire truck.

I have a bunch of faith weapons which do a ton of damage but since I am a str build those are useless to me. Too bad I we can't trade. I would simply just give you my faith, and faith/str/dex weapons. I seem to have a million of them.

Hang in there and explore. Try to keep an eye out because there is loot everywhere but I didn't notice most of it until I started finding it first.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I'm dual-wielding two clubs (spiked club and a mace). They kinda suck ngl, slow windup and poor range :negative:

I wish this game would have had a DaS2 poise.

Jackpot

Learned
fuck birds
fuck birds with knives ducktaped to their feet
fuck birds with knives ducktaped to their feet and a flamethrower attached to their head
fuck

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
man, this is just as I expected it to be.. the open world is such a bore, yet I obsessionally explore every corner because they've hidden things like mini dungeons all around. Of my playtime, I think at least half is spent just horsing around to look for things, which is pretty mindnumbingly boring.

The areas that have actual level design are pretty good, the encounter design is much better than I expected, but that fucking open world, it would be a better game if it didn't exist. If the ratio of time spent doing nothing but looking around stays that big till the end of the game, I think I'll rank it as the worst souls game.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
PSA FOR ANYONE HAVING ISSUES WITH THE GAME NOT DETECTING YOUR CONTROLLER (DUALSHOCK 4/DUALSENSE)

https://github.com/ViGEm/HidHide

This little program solved my issue completely. Follow the instructions. The game detects my DS5 now.
I am only using the Steam controller functionality for my DualSense controller. It autoloads profiles. Maybe select a profile in Steam for it?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I suffered a Sony controller in my PC games for 2 years, then I smashed it, burned it, drowned the ashes in a river and bought a Xbox controller. My entire life is 13% happier now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom