Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Silentstorm

Learned
Welp, fuck this game, not for anything to do with being hard, but because i came back after a while and found i somehow lost hours of progress, i did notice that messages and MP stuff were missing in the last few hours but i didn't care, though this means the awful sewer dungeon under the capital isn't done, i would need to face Godfrey and Margott again, do the Volcano Manor sidequest again, defeat that snow dragon again and other stuff i had done, just hours of progress gone because...i don't know there was some issue with servers even though i play single player.

And no, i didn't get asked if i wanted to use the server or offline save i had like some people who experienced the same bug, the game just decided to erase hours of progress for no reason...and i really don't feel like doing everything again right now.

Radagon fight slaps Gwyn back to the age of dark.

You'd almost expect that 20 years later, with a ton of experience and money, they'd be able to make something mechanically better...
I meant in regards to their soundtracks :lol: I think Gwyns theme is vastly overrated in Souls community and to be honest I cringed hard when I heard it in DS3 finale fight ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Radagon was a cool spectacle even if gameplaywise he is just ok and not great like Ishin.

SumDrunkGuy

Godrick, yet another fake difficulty boss. Summoning again, fuck em. I'll cheese my way through the entire piece of shit.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The only Soulslike worth playing, which I'd argue is on par with From's work when it comes to overall quality, mood and gameplay + lore, is Salt & Sanctuary.

Yeah but for me a huge part of fun in Souls games is the combat and I just can't stand the 2D combat in those platformers. Compared to DS, Nioh or Surge it just feels so banal bleh boring.

Dunno, whatever rocks people's boat I guess.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Okay now what the fuck do you do with Ulcerated Tree Spirit. You can't even see anything half the time. Holy shit these bosses are some real winners!
Stick to it's left side to mostly avoid frontal swipes.
Don't get hit by the bite-grab.
When he comes in for the bite-grab, ALWAYS dodge left, your left.
Look for the telegraphed breaths, run in and punish, duh.
Watch out for the tailswipe, dodge into it.
Look down and avoid the pyres when he does the explode, he won't do anything else during it so just focus on the ground in your immediate vicinity.
Second phase his frontal swipes become worse so watch out for those.
If you are using a summon consider just fighting him straight up, it makes the fight less chaotic.

I kid but that bite-grab is really the only actual party pooper, once you stop getting hit by it the rest is not that bad

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i felt like humiliating another fucker:

Except for some reason the Windows 10 video recorder gave me horrible frame rate drops (it didn't do that with my fight with the Tree Sentinel), so i tried using OBS and as you can see the video came up fucked up. Fucking hell.

Sacibengala

Prophet
Welp, fuck this game, not for anything to do with being hard, but because i came back after a while and found i somehow lost hours of progress, i did notice that messages and MP stuff were missing in the last few hours but i didn't care, though this means the awful sewer dungeon under the capital isn't done, i would need to face Godfrey and Margott again, do the Volcano Manor sidequest again, defeat that snow dragon again and other stuff i had done, just hours of progress gone because...i don't know there was some issue with servers even though i play single player.

And no, i didn't get asked if i wanted to use the server or offline save i had like some people who experienced the same bug, the game just decided to erase hours of progress for no reason...and i really don't feel like doing everything again right now.
A friend got his save corrupted, his friend got rollbacked. There's a lot of the same issues reported online. It's a common problem in much of From software's games. I got a corrupted file in sekiro and a rollback in Bloodborne. I always keep backup saves since then. No matter the platform, it always can happen.

Curratum

Except for some reason the Windows 10 video recorder gave me horrible frame rate drops (it didn't do that with my fight with the Tree Sentinel), so i tried using OBS and as you can see the video came up fucked up. Fucking hell.

Can't wait for you to reach later areas with that tiny healthbar and discover gank squads and spam enemy groups who one-shot you from twice as much HP... :D

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
simp.png
Lyric Suite simp confirmed!!!

Can't wait for you to reach later areas with that tiny healthbar and discover gank squads and spam enemy groups who one-shot you from twice as much HP...
Thank God I don't take part in the no-health meta and played like 75% of the game with 60 Vigor.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
from twitch
Like most people, I play video games to relax and escape from the real world. Today I played Elden Ring with my friend and within less than a minute we were invaded and killed, our bodies defiled. I screamed and cried into my cat (who is my emotional support animal) and deleted the game. Tomorrow is my first therapy session, this game has given me severe PTSD and FromSoftware will be hearing from my lawyer. This game was obviously created by elitist far-right extremists.

deem

Savant
Curratum rushed to the ending at the cost of his enjoyment so he can access his real source of dopamine: shitting on a game on the internet.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are there no upgrade materials for sale, by the way? It just occurred to me now. Previous souls games have always had titanite shards available for purchase from merchants, and after a while the lower tier ones become available in unlimited quantities. But I don't think I've seen a single smithing stone for sale in any of the the starting areas. Is there something I've missed? No need to spoiler me too heavily if so, but I sure hope there is.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Can't wait for you to reach later areas with that tiny healthbar and discover gank squads and spam enemy groups who one-shot you from twice as much HP... :D

I'm not making a low level run per-se, just keeping as low as i can for as long as i can.

I just skipped Stormveil and moved to the eastern side of Limgrave and all the mobs appear to be on the same level as the western side, so i'm just gonna keep going like this.

My house rule is basically this: don't level up unless necessary, but don't throw away runes/souls either. What i mean is that all the runes i gain will be spent on something, if not leveling, then store items, even for stuff i don't need (for instance, i bought all the sorceries even though i'm doing a faith build).

In all the previous Souls game i found out you CAN pretty much overlevel most of the content, which is how i came up with the idea of stretching low soul levels as long as i can without going so far as throw away souls. It worked very well on all my previous Souls games, so no reason why it shouldn't work here as well.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Are there no upgrade materials for sale, by the way? It just occurred to me now. Previous souls games have always had titanite shards available for purchase from merchants, and after a while the lower tier ones become available in unlimited quantities. But I don't think I've seen a single smithing stone for sale in any of the the starting areas. Is there something I've missed? No need to spoiler me too heavily if so, but I sure hope there is.

I know for a fact there is a way to get them in stores, at least for lower level upgrade stones.

Cromwell

Arcane
No need to spoiler me too heavily if so, but I sure hope there is.

There are items you can find which can be given to the maiden husks in the hold. they then start selling smithing stones. I think you can get all stone levels except for the evry last one. I have somber stones up to 9 for example but no 10 and I am before what I assume is the last boss.

Curratum

Curratum rushed to the ending at the cost of his enjoyment so he can access his real source of dopamine: shitting on a game on the internet.

I didn't rush to the ending, I explored 90% of all areas, collected all sets I liked, did the longest questline and one other, then killed every optional boss that I could, all over the course of 102 hours.

Shrimp

Arbiter
The ability to purchase upgrade materials is unlocked by finding specific items. Most of them are either hidden in random areas of the open world (usually in the later stages of the game) or by defeating specific bosses like main quest bosses or side dungeon bosses.

Cromwell

Arcane
I explored 90% of all areas

theres your problem. Its an open world game, they are all the same, if you do everything you will burn out and notice everything thats wrong with it. When I noticed that I had enough I went straight for the ending. Godfrey and Radagon are luckily not as spastic as the rest of the game and I like the fights. Btw even that fucking mountainlike firegiant rolls in this fucking game.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Way to not spoil me too hard, guys.

I guess if I want a selection of decently upgraded weapons I'll have to do some lawnmowering :|

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom