Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Then I guess it's just sheer luck, but resting at every newly unlocked grace seems like a very basic action that most players will do. Still, some kind of hint in the doll's item description would be appreciated. I didn't think about this step in particular because in my playthrough it happened organically while exploring the underground

you organically spoke to the doll 3 or more times? because she doesnt answer the first few.
I choose the option in the grace menu everytime it appeared. I can't recall precisely every action I took, but I think I tried to talk to the doll, went to Iji when I got no answer, went back underground after a while and this time the doll spoke. Going back to Iji every time I didn't know what to do with Ranni became my go-to strategy during that quest, but I can't remember him saying anything useful in this occasion.

You don't have any reason to rest at the nearby site coz you get teleported to Ansel River Main from one of the towers, you don't have to fight through a difficult area. It's almost certain you're fully rested and healed when you get to the River Main area.
I honestly didn't know you had to talk to her at that specific grace. I was almost sure I triggered the dialogue at the one after that, but I might very well be wrong. In this case, the doll definitely needs some kind of hint in its description.

Also lulz, I can't even cheese Melania with my Mimic, this is incredibly hilarious.

And here I thought Sword Saint is the most insane boss FS ever made lol.
She is a crazy cokehead, but a greatsword and a strong greatshield make the fight much more manageable. Two-handing a greatsword allows you to hit her 2-3 times after every combo, but you should never attack if your previous hit didn't stagger her. The greatshield should only be used against those moves which are basically impossible to avoid without inhumane reflexes.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Also lulz, I can't even cheese Melania with my Mimic, this is incredibly hilarious.

Sword Saint is a fun fight with fair moves, Malenia is just shit
Malenia is an alright boss that was recycled into a nightmare by a dumb developer who seemed desperate to make the fight challenging, this is how I imagine she ended up with that singular move that's unlike everything else. If it wasn't for that retarded flurry, her other moves all leave you time to react properly. The regular slash slash you can literally just walk away by running and punish with a jump attack. The grab, the almost one shot thrust and other power moves use delayed animations, but they all use the same timing ie once you learned how to dodge one you can dodge the others.

In a typical modern fromsoft, her phase 2 starts with a move that's basically a one shot for every person who's not building into maximum defense (talismans, great rune, armor) but it's a funny "lol gotcha" that happens once and then you know to avoid it the next time, reminds me of Radahn's phase 2 air-to-ground crashing move. Then there's another "oh, I can just walk away" moment when she does the summon rot spirits (or whatever those things are) that appear next to you with a thrust and vanish.
But then she'd pull that fking flurry and if the game didn't have the mimic and the possibility to stunlock her I would have just given up. I highly doubt this was an originally intended move, not with that speed/damage tuning from point blank melee. It feels like someone at From felt the boss was too easy for an optional end boss and they had their head up their arse trying to come up with a method to make it hard.

Switch mimic for the black knife tiche. I had issues with Malenia when using mimic and blasphemous blade - mimic was tanking nicely but she was healing all the time off him and she is not weak to fire. I switched to Tiche and Bloodhounds Fang/Swarm of flies and raped her in two tries. She is weak to bleed, 2-3 casts of swarm of flies almost stunlock her plus bleed prock from Bloodhounds Fang and 1 phase was over in 30 seconds. Tiche is much better than mimic because she teleports all the time and does not get hit. She can also knock Malenia down with her attacks as well as spells. The only thing you have to watch out for with this set up is her waterflow attack - but first two you can run away and third you need to roll through. Overall she was easier for me than Mogh or Malekith.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The only thing you have to watch out for with this set up is her waterflow attack - but first two you can run away and third you need to roll through. Overall she was easier for me than Mogh or Malekith.

Guess some people here still have the most youthful reflexes, if I was at some distance away when she started I could avoid it, but if I was attacking her and she started point blank there was nothing I could do.

Strangely, Mogh didn't take me more than two tries, I felt it was a pushover. The phase 2 transition gave me a heart attack (is there a strategy other than drinking half your flasks?) but otherwise he burned down quickly.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So I tried a greatsword build, a freezing build and a blood build, no dice with Melania.

Ultimately I had to switch online and start summoning. It took 5 attempts with sunbros to get her. And yes, the dude was using Swarm of Flies all the time.

Btw what's the consensus on Melania in the hardcore community? I assume they're creaming their pants but you never know...

You have to start runing away from her the moment she jumps in the air and not when she starts the attack. That obviously works only when you have enough space - I died like 15 times to that shitty attack when I was trashing her with the mimic in the corner of the area.

Mogh was fun but his fucking NIHIL attack was giving me problems - apparently the Purifying Crystal Tear can completely negate that attack.
Btw what's the consensus on Melania in the hardcore community? I assume they're creaming their pants but you never know...

without her healing on attack/waterflow attack she is trash. Nowhere near as hard as Ishin or Father Owl so unless you do SL1/no summons run I do not think she will be any kind of problem.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
At the very end now, struggling with Radagon/Elden Beast.

Gotta say, despite all the quibbles and complaints I have about these crazy bosses....the boss presentation is through the roof in ER. Astel, Rennala, Godfrey, secret dragon and especially Rykard and Elden Beast, the awe factor is at maximum. I got killed in the Rykard and EB arena just by gaping at the hauntingly beautiful presentation, like an African kid in Vatican.

At the very end now, struggling with Radagon/Elden Beast.

Gotta say, despite all the quibbles and complaints I have about these crazy bosses....the boss presentation is through the roof in ER. Astel, Rennala, Godfrey, secret dragon and especially Rykard and Elden Beast, the awe factor is at maximum. I got killed in the Rykard and EB arena just by gaping at the hauntingly beautiful presentation, like an African kid in Vatican.
True. In the final fight music starts to play already in the custcene when Radagon raises his hammer and than continue into the fight. FromSoft does not do it that often so I was like :yeah:at that moment. Then died like 15 times to Elden Beast AoE attacks which I couldnt even see where they were coming from:hmmm:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
The fucking game keeps trashing my savegame. For the second time already, 1-2 hours of progress is simply gone, me having to redo all of this. And this with me making sure to properly quit out of the game using the jngame option.

Then again I probably deserve this for being a degenerate who plays this on console. Still infuriating.

Silva

Arcane
The fucking game keeps trashing my savegame. For the second time already, 1-2 hours of progress is simply gone, me having to redo all of this. And this with me making sure to properly quit out of the game using the jngame option.

Then again I probably deserve this for being a degenerate who plays this on console. Still infuriating.
On PS4?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

On PS4?

Xbox. I've read similar complaints on other platforms too. Atleast on PC you can manually bacbup your savestate.

Where the fuck do I go? This fucking game. I am just unlocking bonfires all over the map while no doubt missing ton of stuff around them. I'll probably be lost in this for months.
Combat feels like a good upgrade over DS III. Graphics too, they used some colors this time around and AA doesn't suck anymore.

Sunri

Liturgist
Fire Giant, yet another piece of shit boss. You can only see his feet 90% of the time.

Open your eyes' bro, he's super easy and all attacks are telegraphed

funny big nose man
2nM3HXt.png

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Where the fuck do I go? This fucking game. I am just unlocking bonfires all over the map while no doubt missing ton of stuff around them. I'll probably be lost in this for months.
Combat feels like a good upgrade over DS III. Graphics too, they used some colors this time around and AA doesn't suck anymore.

Where are you exactly?

Here's the main path to beat ER:

- Kill 2 shard bearers (usually Godrick in Stormveil Castle and Rennala in Raya Lucaria)
- Either unlock the Lift of Dectus OR go through the Ravine Veiled Village to reach Altus Plateau
- Make your way to Leyndell, Royal Capital
- Skip or fight the 2 Tree Sentinels
- Keep following the highway and grab the 4 golden seeds along the way
- Oops, main door is closed. Look up your map. See that little cliff to the east with walls and a gate around it? Go there and beat the Draconic Tree Sentinel
- Enter the Capital, proceed until the Golden Guy, beat him, go up the roots, up some stairs, fight the King.
- You now have to reach Lift of Rold. Go back into Leyndell's main street. Follow it to the end. The gate will be open, follow the path until you reach a lift. Keep going.
- Lift of Rold is the same as Dectus, you need to show a medallion for it to work.
- Follow the Mountaintop of Giants until you beat the Fire Giant
- Go to the forge (DON'T drop bellow), find a bonfire on the other side of the forge, rest at it.
- Accept and you'll be teleported to the endgame
- Keep going, beat the ABSURD ASSHOLE STRAIGHT FROM THE DEPTHS OF HELL at the end, you'll be teleported back to the Capital
- Make your way back to the Elden Throne. It will be open now.
- Beat the final Boss, enjoy the ending

Everything else is optional. You be the judge of what content you will/will not do. The Eternal City cannot be accessed unless you beat Starscourge Radahn. So technically he is optional but...not really.

Last edited:

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
law 1 of soulslike discussion: criticise anything about the latest fromsoft demon souls reskin, invariably the first response will be some dickgobbling from-cultist dropping some variant of "get good".

Efe

Erudite
its not fake news Sunri , I literally just yesterday fought caelid erdtree, got greedy and died only to respawn at grace instead of stake.
I'm not sure if they are fixed but there was at least one catacomb with dysfunctional stake too

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom