Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Been on a major minor boss kill-streak today, killed like 7 or 8. Then ran into a regular mob that's tougher than most of them, the revenant piece of shit in Laskyar Ruins. Teleporting, poisong spitting, attack spamming, 3 mile insta jumping coont.
Thank Marika nobody told that guy to collect great runes and restore the Elden Ring. Nobody could stop him on his way to become Elden Lord. But I can see why Marika doesn't want him as her consort, he clearly is a women-beater.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I have found crafting in this game to annoy me more than entertain me. I just don't use half of the shit I can make. I would really rather pick up bits of lore but I don't think these fucking bugmen have anything to say tbh.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I have found crafting in this game to annoy me more than entertain me. I just don't use half of the shit I can make. I would really rather pick up bits of lore but I don't think these fucking bugmen have anything to say tbh.

Even just a directly usable buff item would be an improvement, I always made use of them when I found them in souls games but there's no way I'm going to bother looking for flowers to pick in ER's gigantic, crappy open world.

Also the specific flower shown in the video is used to craft attack power buffs that don't even stack with using something like Flame, Grand me Strength. Mmmh, waste hours of my life away picking shit in the open world, or level up faith to 15 and use the caster buff which I can use an infinite amount of times, a tough decision to make (I don't care if the consumable does better than the cast buffs, this is ridiculous nonsense).

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Didn't need to do this but it's been a while since i posted a video and figured i had to record something:

Nice. Now do the two crucible knights :)

That stonecatdog jump attack animation still cracks me up everytime. Who the fuck thought that looked good? Looks like they're about to tpose and glitch out through the ceiling on the ascent.

They are statues. The glitch effect is obviously intentional.

The most annoying part is how you can't hit their legs when they are standing up. You can see i start screwing up a bit the moment i miss two consecutive attacks which made me lose concentration for a bit.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I think they look and act fine (I like them) but likely were over used in the shitty dungeons I did not bother with because I don't need to do 100 percent loot grind on builds I won't use.

Didn't need to do this but it's been a while since i posted a video and figured i had to record something:

Nice. Now do the two crucible knights :)

That stonecatdog jump attack animation still cracks me up everytime. Who the fuck thought that looked good? Looks like they're about to tpose and glitch out through the ceiling on the ascent.

They are statues. The glitch effect is obviously intentional.

The most annoying part is how you can't hit their legs when they are standing up. You can see i start screwing up a bit the moment i miss two consecutive attacks which made me lose concentration for a bit.

It's just that particular animation. Looks like a placeholder. The others are pretty good and very fitting for a statue/golem type enemy.

As a boss they seem to provoke extreme butthurt occasionally based on browsing threads elsewhere. Not sure why. They leg thing is annoying but it's not a bad fight otherwise.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Even just a directly usable buff item would be an improvement, I always made use of them when I found them in souls games but there's no way I'm going to bother looking for flowers to pick in ER's gigantic, crappy open world.

Also the specific flower shown in the video is used to craft attack power buffs that don't even stack with using something like Flame, Grand me Strength. Mmmh, waste hours of my life away picking shit in the open world, or level up faith to 15 and use the caster buff which I can use an infinite amount of times, a tough decision to make (I don't care if the consumable does better than the cast buffs, this is ridiculous nonsense).
I'm not trying to defend crafting, but "waste hours of my life away picking shit in the open world" is just something that would never happen in any circumstance. By just clicking triangle whenever the prompt pops up during regular exploration, you will accumulate more ingredients that you will ever need (unless you're playing some kind of gimmick build that uses the same consumable every 30 seconds). I've used greases and pots, and I've never had to "farm" ingredients.

illuknisaa

Cipher
The consumables in general just feel weak. The duration often feels really short and it's really hard to tell how much time you got left. Combined with the fact that just using consumables is a hassle you just don't want to bother with crafting.

I do try to use crafting as much as possible but why bother making a holy pot when I can just kill stuff with light attacks.

Only thing I actually use time to craft are those gold feet that let you get more runes.

polo

Magister
Been on a major minor boss kill-streak today, killed like 7 or 8. Then ran into a regular mob that's tougher than most of them, the revenant piece of shit in Laskyar Ruins. Teleporting, poisong spitting, attack spamming, 3 mile insta jumping coont.
Most of the game past the capital is like that. The bosses are challenging and fun, but not too hard, and mobs are stupid strong, dealing same damage as the boss or more. Endgame for me was running fast with the horsie mostly.

Andnjord

Arcane
The consumables in general just feel weak. The duration often feels really short and it's really hard to tell how much time you got left. Combined with the fact that just using consumables is a hassle you just don't want to bother with crafting.

I do try to use crafting as much as possible but why bother making a holy pot when I can just kill stuff with light attacks.

Only thing I actually use time to craft are those gold feet that let you get more runes.
Having played a bit with a non-caster build, I've used crafting an order of magnitude more than with my faith build. Quite simply there isn't much crafting can do that magic cannot already at a fraction of the player's hassle. Going through lake of rot? Memorize Flame Cleanse Me. Enemy is vulnerable to frost? Use Dragon Ice. Self-Buffing before a boss? I got Golden Vow and Flame Grant Me Strenght, or I already have a selection of elemental weapons that precludes the use of greases anyways. Sure, you can stack these buffs with consumables too, but who's got time for that?

All in all, crafting is a very useful crutch to compensate some of the blind spots of a non magic build, but I've felt it's almost negated using magic. There are some fringe cases though, using Flame Cleanse Me in the middle of a boss fight isn't very practical, and two Rot Pot on Fire Giant is much easier to pull off than Rot Breath and these things are easy to do without going out of your way to get the material if you compulsively press Y whenever the prompt comes up like I do.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Can the effects of consumables stack? I ask because I looked up the Arteria Leaf from that video on the wiki and it's used to make multiple damage boosting items. If you can use all of them at once, Arteria Leaves are possibly one of the most desirable items in the game.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
They do not even stack with spells, nevermind stacking with each other. If you use flame grant me strength you can't use any of the three buffs produced by the arteria leaf.

After Limgrave, the maps are so lame. Most of the monsters are not fun to fight at all. Zombies that grab you, bypassing blocking, have a shitload of hitpoints, and move in herds. Skeletons that explode. Octopi that can one shot you by a single grab. Eight legged skeleton spiders that attack 30 times in a row.

I think Elden Ring shows the natural limitations of From Software's design approach.

polo

Magister
We need a git gud rating for this kind of post:

After Limgrave, the maps are so lame. Most of the monsters are not fun to fight at all. Zombies that grab you, bypassing blocking, have a shitload of hitpoints, and move in herds. Skeletons that explode. Octopi that can one shot you by a single grab. Eight legged skeleton spiders that attack 30 times in a row.

I think Elden Ring shows the natural limitations of From Software's design approach.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom