Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
We need a git gud rating for this kind of post:

After Limgrave, the maps are so lame. Most of the monsters are not fun to fight at all. Zombies that grab you, bypassing blocking, have a shitload of hitpoints, and move in herds. Skeletons that explode. Octopi that can one shot you by a single grab. Eight legged skeleton spiders that attack 30 times in a row.

I think Elden Ring shows the natural limitations of From Software's design approach.
doyouevenlift.png
fits if you think the poster needs to demonstrate more effort, fortitude, and so forth.

popamole.png
fits if you think the poster is too accustomed to casualized or simplified games to handle it.

Old Hans

Arcane
I have found crafting in this game to annoy me more than entertain me. I just don't use half of the shit I can make. I would really rather pick up bits of lore but I don't think these fucking bugmen have anything to say tbh.
some of them are really good. like those holy water pots just absolutely destroy the death bird & those sleeping pots are also really handy AND ROT POTS!11

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Zed Doink of Banville rating every one of my posts as Popamole

doyouevenlift.png
fits if you think the poster needs to demonstrate more effort, fortitude, and so forth.

popamole.png
fits if you think the poster is too accustomed to casualized or simplified games to handle it.

Ok, so what's the problem?
I mean, personally, I think he should be rating all of them as
doyouevenlift.png
or :retarded:, but I see the argument for
popamole.png

mediocrepoet

Patron

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I have found crafting in this game to annoy me more than entertain me. I just don't use half of the shit I can make. I would really rather pick up bits of lore but I don't think these fucking bugmen have anything to say tbh.
some of them are really good. like those holy water pots just absolutely destroy the death bird & those sleeping pots are also really handy AND ROT POTS!11

Sure. But how are you supposed to know what works on what guy? My main complaint (aside from performance) is this game has no bestiary. Is this dead thing really dead or just semi dead looking? I guess I will whack it with my holy sword. Nope does not work. Guess I will whack it with my magic sword. How many pots am I expected to waste figuring out what mob is weak to what element? Everything looks like tentacles. What do I use? Fire? No it uses fire. Rot? No it uses rot. Oh of course these tentacles are weak to POISON. I'm being retarded of course but the general feeling I get is I want someone to hold me while they tell me about the Shattering.

Andnjord

Arcane
Lmao, look who decided to show up again:

Didn't even bother to git gud, the scrub.

Just curious, but you're always circling him to your right. Personally I default to circling enemies to my left, to the point that just looking at you doing it feels completely unnatural. Are you left handed by any chance? Just wondering if there is a link.

Also, please post more videos, always fun to see people destroying bosses with no cheese.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Just curious, but you're always circling him to your right. Personally I default to circling enemies to my left, to the point that just looking at you doing it feels completely unnatural. Are you left handed by any chance? Just wondering if there is a link.

This is interesting. I circle to the right also by default and I'm left handed. It never really occurred to me that other people might do the opposite.

Bigg Boss

Arcane

This is interesting. I circle to the right also by default and I'm left handed. It never really occurred to me that other people might do the opposite.

Yeah going right for me is like driving backwards but I can do it. Maybe it's my dyslexia.

Silverfish

Arbiter
They do not even stack with spells, nevermind stacking with each other. If you use flame grant me strength you can't use any of the three buffs produced by the arteria leaf.

That's hilarious. It's cool though, I hate having fun anyway.

Pinwheel called, says he misses you. Give him a call back will you, you're the only pussy he ever got after all, the poor fella.

TBH, I've died on Pinwheel on a SL1 run before. I whiffed an attack and took a fireball at point blank range. A proud moment to be sure.

They do not even stack with spells, nevermind stacking with each other. If you use flame grant me strength you can't use any of the three buffs produced by the arteria leaf.

That's hilarious. It's cool though, I hate having fun anyway.

Pinwheel called, says he misses you. Give him a call back will you, you're the only pussy he ever got after all, the poor fella.

TBH, I've died on Pinwheel on a SL1 run before. I whiffed an attack and took a fireball at point blank range. A proud moment to be sure.

From Software games are literally games where players constantly die to regular mobs, and idiots like Di_X over here or NJCluck are desperately trying to shame me cause I died to a boss, lol? Either they are even dumber than I thought (which would be quite impressive), or in their gameplay approach, where they read up 20 online guides on every boss before facing them, adopt meta-approved builds, etc, they forgot what it's actually like to play games for ... fun. Oh well, can't fix stupid. :D

You autists are the ones coping, I am enjoying myself. :) See, I bring a normal person's perspective to From Software games. That might sting and make you seethe, but it is what it is.

Even just a directly usable buff item would be an improvement, I always made use of them when I found them in souls games but there's no way I'm going to bother looking for flowers to pick in ER's gigantic, crappy open world.

Also the specific flower shown in the video is used to craft attack power buffs that don't even stack with using something like Flame, Grand me Strength. Mmmh, waste hours of my life away picking shit in the open world, or level up faith to 15 and use the caster buff which I can use an infinite amount of times, a tough decision to make (I don't care if the consumable does better than the cast buffs, this is ridiculous nonsense).

Useless crafting materials are a staple of generic open world games, and From did exactly the same thing as every other developer - it populated the world with useless crafting shit. One more aspect bringing the game down.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Yeah going right for me is like driving backwards but I can do it. Maybe it's my dyslexia.

Feeling slightly autistic by pointing it out, but if your opponent is holding his weapon in his right hand then you always want to circle to his left, (your right) as his range of swing will be lower that side due to the movement of his shoulder joint. Even more so if he's holding a shield in his left hand. I know it's probably different in games, but I've always followed that principle and at times it's seemed a real advantage.

mediocrepoet

Patron

Feeling slightly autistic by pointing it out, but if your opponent is holding his weapon in his right hand then you always want to circle to his left, (your right) as his range of swing will be lower that side due to the movement of his shoulder joint. Even more so if he's holding a shield in his left hand. I know it's probably different in games, but I've always followed that principle and at times it's seemed a real advantage.

That's a logical assertion. In Souls the two problems with that are: 1) the reach thing isn't always true and 2) counter-intuitively, you should really be dodging into an attack whenever possible.

The right strafe thing is more what feels natural to me and my monkey brain not allowing much deviation from that without me thinking about it.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
It's just that particular animation. Looks like a placeholder. The others are pretty good and very fitting for a statue/golem type enemy.

As a boss they seem to provoke extreme butthurt occasionally based on browsing threads elsewhere. Not sure why. They leg thing is annoying but it's not a bad fight otherwise.

Especially considering how you can scramble them with the crystal darts.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Or :D if you think Zed Doink of Banville rating every one of my posts as Popamole is amusing. Wonder if he is posting out of a mental institution.
Reading comprehension seems to be the problem if you ask me.
You are trying too hard, mediocre, just like your buddy Zed Doink of Banville. Your combined tears are like nectar to my bidet.
Daily reminder that you died to Pinwheel
:troll:

So did you. I am just not dumb enough to be afraid to admit it.
You died to Pinwheel. Prove me wrong, sparky. :smug:
From Software games are literally games where players constantly die to regular mobs, and idiots like Di_X over here or NJCluck are desperately trying to shame me cause I died to a boss, lol? Either they are even dumber than I thought (which would be quite impressive), or in their gameplay approach, where they read up 20 online guides on every boss before facing them, adopt meta-approved builds, etc, they forgot what it's actually like to play games for ... fun. Oh well, can't fix stupid. :D
You autists are the ones coping, I am enjoying myself. :) See, I bring a normal person's perspective to From Software games. That might sting and make you seethe, but it is what it is.
Special delivery for PorkyThePopamoler:

kvz8qy.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom