Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
You guys seem... upset. :lol:
Almost like your butthurt ratings were projecting. Oh well. Anyway, please try and find something interesting or game related to post, preferably both. This is an RPG thread, after all.

Lambach

Arcane
Almost like your butthurt ratings were projecting. Oh well. Anyway, please try and find something interesting or game related to post, preferably both. This is an RPG thread, after all.

I'm not upset, per se, Elden Ring is a great game overall that I enjoy spending my free time on, no regrets.

You seem upset that I use the online guides of autistic fuckwits like you to skip over the boring and batshit insane stuff in the game that so that I can enjoy the good stuff.

Thank you for your service, Aspie. :salute:

mediocrepoet

Patron

I'm not upset, per se, Elden Ring is a great game overall that I enjoy spending my free time on, no regrets.

You seem upset that I use the online guides of autistic fuckwits like you to skip over the boring and batshit insane stuff in the game that so that I can enjoy the good stuff.

Thank you for your service, Aspie. :salute:

Nah, I think people should approach single player games in whatever way they want in order to have fun and simply bounce off ones they don't find fun. I just think you were factually wrong about some of your claims. I made my argument, so far as it goes. You still disagree, ok. I don't care enough to go further. :lol:

Anyway, I'm really not posting anymore on this particular topic. I just wanted to clear that up in case it seemed like I was disparaging consulting the wiki as opposed to saying that Millicent never tells you how to proceed along her questline which I would say is objectively false and a far more limited claim than most of the shit you tried to jam in my mouth with the goalpost shifting.

Lambach

Arcane

Anyway, I'm really not posting anymore on this particular topic.
Of course you're not, because I provided several examples of FROM putting in several quests or other narrative developments in the game that make literally 0 sense to any thinking human being, but you felt the need to shill for them nonetheless and embarrass yourself further by never addressing those glaring issues and instead just excusing them with some retarded bullshit about how we should "rEAd thE DIAloGuE", despite me providing several examples of how the dialogue in the game is literally misleading.

Although, in seriousness, I agree, you really shouldn't post more on this topic. You're continuing to defending the indefensible and it just makes you look completely retarded. Just shut the fuck up and let everyone only assume you're a shill, instead of opening your mouth and actually proving it.

Dhaze

Cipher
Let him run around collecting flowers for 50 more hours, since he sucks too much to play something like Sekiro. Gamers of his capacity and all that.

Man... not to fan the flames of that playground war, but after this:

Yeah I have just entered Nokron. Absolutely zero chance I would've found that area without looking it up.

So you would have never found a gigantic fucking crater the size of a village? A crater begot by one of the most momentous events in the whole game—an honest-to-god star come crashing down into the earth; a crater complete with its own gravitational well of boulders hovering hundreds of meters up in the air so that you can spot it from far, far, far away.

Yeah, after that, I wouldn't go throwing shit around.

Why would I be going back to Limgrave? I don't even remember the event that caused the crater to appear, I just came back to play this after a long break which I had to take because I am getting seriously burnt out by this game.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Patron
Why would I be going back to Limgrave?

Are you actually this dumb? Wait, don't answer that. But I do have a hard time believing that you played any pre-decline RPGs and/or understood them.

So after the cutscene of falling starts, Blaidd literally says:

After defeating Radahn

• Ah, good. I was waiting for you. What a sick way to fight, eh. The glory of the clash is shared, by Radahn and you. And hah! Did you see that, afterwards? A falling star, right before our eyes! I can’t fathom how Radahn was holding back something of that scale. He was a living legend, if ever I saw one. And, the path has now been cleared. To Nokron, where Ranni’s fate will be decided. Let’s meet where the falling star bit the earth. We’ll take up our swords once more. For mistress Ranni.
And you wondered why I suggested this? https://www.aafp.org/pubs/afp/issues/2000/0215/p1059.html

Dhaze

Cipher

Because the game showed you a cutscene of a fucking star hurled from the heavens straight into the ground? Because Blaidd literaly tells you, "Let's meet where it landed?"

I know we like to joke about FromSoft's extraordinarily obtuse way to go about some things, but this one in particular is as straigthforward as can be.

Lambach

Arcane

If you were following Ranni's questline, you'd know why. :M

But this is going back to the topic of "which particular steps I need to follow for this next unclear stage of this next unclear quest in this unclear open world".

If you follow Ranni's questline, there's an NPC that tells you exactly where the crater is. But, the game gives you literally no hint that you should visit this NPC after you take out Radahn. He is connected to Ranni, but who the fuck would think to visit him, unless they need his services as a Merchant, just after killing Radahn?

Because the game showed you a cutscene of a fucking star hurled from the heavens straight into the ground? Because Blaidd literaly tells you, "Let's meet where it landed?"

I don't remember the cutscene nor anything about Blaidd. I need to take regular long breaks from this game because I am getting burnt out. If you are suggesting I should be memorizing every fucking thing that happens in it all I can tell you is to go fuck yourself.

mediocrepoet

Patron

If you were following Ranni's questline, you'd know why. :M

But this is going back to the topic of "which particular steps I need to follow for this next unclear stage of this next unclear quest in this unclear open world".

If you follow Ranni's questline, there's an NPC that tells you exactly where the crater is. But, the game gives you literally no hint that you should visit this NPC after you take out Radahn. He is connected to Ranni, but who the fuck would think to visit him, unless they need his services as a Merchant, just after killing Radahn?

While the NPC hint is true, you can also like... look at the fucking map. Which is what I did. Look at the map and then explore. Jesus Christ. :majordecline:

Dhaze

Cipher

I don't remember the cutscene nor anything about Blaidd.

Two options then;

1) You're trolling. Hard.

or

2) Please add padding to the helmet you have to wear in your everyday life.

Lambach

Arcane

While the NPC hint is true, you can also like... look at the fucking map. Which is what I did. Look at the map and then explore. Jesus Christ. :majordecline:

What the actual fuck are you even on about now? Seriously, are you acid like 24/7? I completed Ranni's full questline and I'm about an hour into getting my face stomped in by Radagon. Here's my map:

Where does this show that the star has fallen in fucking Mistwood?

How dare you not memorize the cutscene or the NPC from a game you just took a month break from? You must be trolling!

Go fuck yourself you loser sperg.

mediocrepoet

Patron

What the actual fuck are you even on about now? Seriously, are you acid like 24/7? I completed Ranni's full questline and I'm about an hour into getting my face stomped in by Radagon. Here's my map:

It doesn't. You have to like... I don't know. Think. You see a falling star coming from the sea inland. You're in Radahn's arena. So... you, what? Assume it went north? Or start exploring inland until you see the GIGANTIC FOUNTAIN OF FUCKHUGE FLOATING ROCKS?

You're right though. This is scienmagisticks. Fucking Miyahacky, expecting an IQ higher than 4 to find hidden areas.

Lambach

Arcane
How dare you not memorize the cutscene or the NPC from a game you just over a month break from? You must be trolling!

It's not even that, it's just that they're straight-up lying. Most of the shit they spew about literally isn't even in the fucking game, they just read about it somewhere online also, and are now trying to enlarge their tiny e-peen by regurgitating that stuff here.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I don't remember the cutscene nor anything about Blaidd. I need to take regular long breaks from this game because I am getting burnt out. If you are suggesting I should be memorizing every fucking thing that happens in it all I can tell you is to go fuck yourself.
Meteor.jpg

Despite its incredible length, Elden Ring really isn't made for taking long breaks, as these will result in the player forgetting vital information.

mediocrepoet

Patron
How dare you not memorize the cutscene or the NPC from a game you just over a month break from? You must be trolling!

It's not even that, it's just that they're straight-up lying. Most of the shit they spew about literally isn't even in the fucking game, they just read about it somewhere online also, and are now trying to enlarge their tiny e-peen by regurgitating that stuff here.

Meteor.jpg

Despite its incredible length, Elden Ring really isn't made for taking long breaks, as these will result in the player forgetting vital information.

Zed Duke of Banville, your prestige is beyond reproach. However, please refrain from creating cutscenes in order to make our colleagues feel like they're retarded for not being able to process audio-visual or textual information. Feelings are being hurt!

Well I guess I know now what kind of person you have to be to fully enjoy Elden Ring. And be completely at peace about the fact I only enjoy parts of it.

Which obviously means making the game so large was a dumb idea.

mediocrepoet

Patron

Well I guess I know now what kind of person you have to be to fully enjoy Elden Ring. And be completely at peace about the fact I only enjoy parts of it.

One with a fully functional cerebral cortex?

Dhaze

Cipher

When the cutscene of the falling star was playing I memorized this part of it. Then as soon as the cutscene ended I looked that way, then opened the map, and knew the star must have fallen somewhere in Limgrave. Five minutes after that I was in Nokron.

But the falling star thing is so simple! It's insane that someone would play this game, see this cutscene, and not have in them the tiniest modicum of curiosity necessary to go see what might have happened at the point of impact.

Lambach

Arcane
Meteor.jpg

You do see how this is completely retarded, yes?

The actual location of the crater is p. much directly westward of where you fight Radahn. What, exactly, in these two images gave you the impression we're looking at a falling star that fell westward of the Tarnished's current position? That slight head angle towards the left side in the first image? The fact that the Tarnished is on the left side in the second image?

OK, I guess that's not completely nonsensical, but it goes back to my point that only the mega-autists who have the time and energy to analyze every tiny detail can go through most content (with no help from outside, that is).

Lambach

Arcane
ITT we learn that following the general path of an ENORMOUS BLUE LINE IN THE SKY is analyzing every tiny detail in order to figure things out without help.

>mfw finished fighting Radahn after several hours of just trying to barely stay alive
>mfw finally done
>mfw game expects me to do Euclidean geometry and plug in star coordinates in order to determine the next location of some quest I couldn't give two flipping shits about because I just finished an intense fight and I'm just watching the cutscene with numb disinterest

Yo, way to prove me correct, my man. :D
OK, I guess that's not completely nonsensical, but it goes back to my point that only the mega-autists who have the time and energy to analyze every tiny detail can go through most content (with no help from outside, that is).

From Soft truly has the best fanbase. I feel like I understand the memes about them much better after this wonderful chat.

>mfw finished fighting Radahn after several hours of just trying to barely stay alive
>mfw finally done
>mfw game expects me to do Euclidean geometry and plug in star coordinates in order to determine the next location of some quest I couldn't give two flipping shits about because I just finished an intense fight and I'm just watching the cutscene with numb disinterest

I don't remember even watching the cutscene. Somebody from my home must've distracted me right after that fight or I accidentally skipped it. Or I just completely forgot it. Either way, I'm not gonna feel bad about looking shit up about this game, lest I become like these ridiculous dorks.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom