Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
The thing is Armoured Core is not the kind of game I'm expecting from Fromsoft.

Jinn

Arcane
What have I missed?

A ton of component customization that forms a great deal of your "character" progression. Beyond that, nah, it's not really just a bunch of circle strafing. There's a good amount of enemy variety that requires you to adapt your tactics from mission to mission, and sometimes even your armaments.

Shit's good, and if they are releasing a new one, it's probably going to be the absolute best the series has seen.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
What have I missed?

A ton of component customization that forms a great deal of your "character" progression. Beyond that, nah, it's not really just a bunch of circle strafing. There's a good amount of enemy variety that requires you to adapt your tactics from mission to mission, and sometimes even your armaments.

Shit's good, and if they are releasing a new one, it's probably going to be the absolute best the series has seen.

I assumed that wasn't actually it since it was a popular series, but it's an accurate description of every video I've seen of it. :lol:

Thanks for clarifying.

Jinn

Arcane
I assumed that wasn't actually it since it was a popular series, but it's an accurate description of every video I've seen of it. :lol:

Thanks for clarifying.

No problem! I think a good analogy to the circle strafing impression would be like watching a veteran Souls player and saying "it looks like all there is to the game is dodge-rolling towards the enemy."

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The thing is Armoured Core is not the kind of game I'm expecting from Fromsoft.
Another uninspired souls-like title then? From fanbase is worse each day.

Fuck, there are limited things these guys can pull off well. A properly funded and produced Armored Core Game is one of them. They have now the ability and capability to make the definitive Mecha Game. And would be a massive hit.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Dude, nobody would give a shit lmao.

And imagine calling Souls uninspired compared to a series that has been basically the same shit for 15 years.

Ho no, not another Souls-like game. You know what would be totally radical and unprecedented? A sequel to a series that already has five installments lul.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Ok, finally i have explored ( i hope entirely) shunning ground under capital. what seemed a frustrating dungeon was actually very satisfying once i figured the main paths and shortcuts. Also beated Mogh the Omen and Morgott. now i must decide if i go west of east of capital. also what's the deal with Dungeater? i don' t exactly understand the "curse" and profanation thing. is he actually a ( gay) necrophiliac abusing dead corpses ? WT hell..

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Ok, finally i have explored ( i hope entirely) shunning ground under capital. what seemed a frustrating dungeon was actually very satisfying once i figured the main paths and shortcuts. Also beated Mogh the Omen and Morgott. now i must decide if i go west of east of capital.
Mt. Gelmir is easier than Leyndell, and Altus Plateau is easier than Mt. Gelmir, so if you haven't completed those two areas yet you'll probably find yourself overpowered. Nothing mandatory for the main quest is located there, and you continue that by heading east to a more difficult zone.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Dude, nobody would give a shit lmao.

And imagine calling Souls uninspired compared to a series that has been basically the same shit for 15 years.

Ho no, not another Souls-like game. You know what would be totally radical and unprecedented? A sequel to a series that already has five installments lul.
The last Armored Core game was ten years ago and you have From souls-likes every 2 years.
Liking Elden Ring is a Litmus test in gaming discernment as the COVID vaccines where IRL. Separating the wheat from the chaff.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Ok, finally i have explored ( i hope entirely) shunning ground under capital. what seemed a frustrating dungeon was actually very satisfying once i figured the main paths and shortcuts. Also beated Mogh the Omen and Morgott. now i must decide if i go west of east of capital.
Mt. Gelmir is easier than Leyndell, and Altus Plateau is easier than Mt. Gelmir, so if you haven't completed those two areas yet you'll probably find yourself overpowered. Nothing mandatory for the main quest is located there, and you continue that by heading east to a more difficult zone.
Laready completed Altus plateau and Leyndell. Yes i'm now exploring Mt Gelmir but it seems ok from a diffiìculty standpoint (i'm lv 91, so probably overlevelled ). I killed the grownup fallingstar beast and with my uchigatana i was hitting it like wet noodles. The successfull attempt lasted like 10 minutes or more. Now i have to explore the rest of the map and Vulcano Manor. And after i will go asap in mountantop so get ROB (don't judge me, dual kata is fun)

SumDrunkGuy

I still beat myself up over the fact I never finished Sekiro. It's the only one. I don't even think I have the reflexes required to finish it anymore. I was able to beat Owl but that fight took everything I had. I gave up on it shortly after that fight. That game is their most difficult imo.

It's also my least favorite of From's Soulslikes so I'll probably never have the ambition to finish it. I don't like that it's pure action mixed with a bit of shit stealth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Otterhedgehog

Novice
Are Alexander the Jar's lines as full of innuendo as it seems to me or is my mind just in the gutter?
89YDraJl.png

KNGYRU7l.png

7AQi8Gxl.png

PIvsZntl.png

ispqQW7l.png

AtGXzAdl.png

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Are Alexander the Jar's lines as full of innuendo as it seems to me or is my mind just in the gutter?
89YDraJl.png

KNGYRU7l.png

7AQi8Gxl.png

PIvsZntl.png

ispqQW7l.png

AtGXzAdl.png
Not just Alexander. I think NJClaw was saying that he found pretty much every line in the game to be questionable. Actually, earlier in this thread we had a bunch of game captions that could be used during sex.

Ivan

Arcane
I still beat myself up over the fact I never finished Sekiro. It's the only one
YOU CAN DO IT. Do it the straightest way you can without adding any of the difficulty modifiers. You shouldn't miss out. Sekiro has the best boss fights, especially the final 2 (one optional, the other mandatory).

SumDrunkGuy

I still beat myself up over the fact I never finished Sekiro. It's the only one
YOU CAN DO IT. Do it the straightest way you can without adding any of the difficulty modifiers. You shouldn't miss out. Sekiro has the best boss fights, especially the final 2 (one optional, the other mandatory).
Pretty sure I played through like 90% of the game and only had a few bosses left. If I went back I'd have to start over completely from scratch because I don't remember the controls or gameplay mechanics and that seems like too much of a hassle just to experience the final portions of the game.

Ivan

Arcane
Hassle and Sekiro don't belong in the same sentence. You know you can do it dawg. Give it some time then do a new playthrough. I'm myself itching to replay but will wait for the Resurrection mod to finish.

SumDrunkGuy

Hassle and Sekiro don't belong in the same sentence. You know you can do it dawg. Give it some time then do a new playthrough. I'm myself itching to replay but will wait for the Resurrection mod to finish.
Just how close to the ending was I? I defeated Owl (first encounter) and Corrupted Monk at Fountainhead Palace. I believe I was in the process of fighting the second bull and that was about where I stopped playing.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Just how close to the ending was I? I defeated Owl (first encounter) and Corrupted Monk at Fountainhead Palace. I believe I was in the process of fighting the second bull and that was about where I stopped playing.
If you defeated Corrupted Monk you had like 10-15% left or so of the game. The white bull is optional but you were in the final area (actual new area not one you've been before) of the game.

Ivan

Arcane
If you defeated Corrupted Monk you had like 10-15% left or so of the game. The white bull is optional but you were in the final area (actual new area not one you've been before) of the game.
Yep, by that point you had already basically acquired the 3 lord souls and just had Gwyn to go. Him and an optional (my favorite) boss.

SumDrunkGuy

Well shit, I should have stuck it out then. Not sure why I quit playing. I know the bull always annoyed me because the fight consisted of running around in circles a lot. I probably got frustrated and took a break and just forgot about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom