Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Bloodeyes

Arcane
How's this for Elden Bling? I'm quite happy with how this guy has turned out, especially when I think that he started life as a naked wretch:

Ji9jdaV.jpg

His build:
He's a strength build with a tiny dash of faith to give him buffs and curatives. His heavy Zweihander has ash of war chilling mist. His alternate weapon, a cold broadsword, has ash of war glintblade phalanx. His only offensive spell is dragonice, which he casts with the clawmark seal. He's been absolutely brilliant to play but his adventure is almost over.

Vigor: 60
Mind: 17
Endurance: 38
Strength: 65
Dexterity: 11
Intelligence: 11
Faith: 15
Arcane:12

Talismans: Blessed dew, crimson amber +1 (will swap to +2 when I get it), Dragoncrest shield +1 (obviously will be replaced with better versions), great jar's arsenal.

Physick: Crimsonspill and crimsonburst.

Buffs: Bestial vitality (if not using physick), boiled crab. Sometimes fortification incantations instead of boiled crab, where appropriate.

Great rune: I've yet to use a single rune arc. I'm saving all of them for Malenia. I have over 50. I'll be using Morgott's in the fight against her.

Last edited:

Caim

Arcane
Did they ever add anything new to this? Are those big arenas still waiting for dlc or something I guess?
People have been able to sneak into the arenas and found that they are mostly complete, but we don't know anything new yet. There's been some changes to how invasions work, and it's been made possible to complete Varre's questline without invading people, which is a good long-term idea because it means that it remains possible after the game's servers go offline in 10 years time or so.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Here is a LP I found by a gorgeous Swedish girl:

It's ongoing. She's charming. Sometimes she sings to herself as she plays.

Last edited:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I had a somewhat frustrating time fighting Malenia but I killed her. In the end I just equipped the shard of Alexander and spammed Lion's Claw with the Guts Greatsword. Kind of cheesy but I was able to get her phase 2 in like 20 seconds doing that. I only pressed R1 once or twice the entire fight. It was just L2, L2, L2. Cheesy, but fuck it, I'll take it. She is definitely as hard as people say she is, but I've figured her out now and could beat her again. If you're not tanky enough you just buff up and armor up more and press L2 more. Outdamage her healing. A win is a win.

m2JLFPS.jpg

Last edited:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Well I finished it. I picked the Ranni ending. It seems kind of like an evil ending so I kind of regret that. I'm not too happy to have ended the game bowing down to the seemingly evil entity that started the apocalypse in the first place. Oh well. At least I finally beat the game.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well I finished it. I picked the Ranni ending. It seems kind of like an evil ending so I kind of regret that. I'm not too happy to have ended the game bowing down to the seemingly evil entity that started the apocalypse in the first place. Oh well. At least I finally beat the game.
It seems more chaotic simp than evil, really.

On the evil side of the spectrum I would say are
Golden Order (Lawful Evil), Dungeater (Neutral Evil) and Frenzied Flame (Chaotic Evil).

Bloodeyes

Arcane

Golden Order (Lawful Evil), Dungeater (Neutral Evil) and Frenzied Flame (Chaotic Evil).
Simp is worse than evil. A simp is a sucka who idolises mediocre pussy. Lets just say my character chose to become her consort because she's a goddess or whatever she is and he wanted to marry up.

Anonona

Learned
Reportedly, her dialogue and ending was mistranslated, making it appear to be evil, when in reality is closer to Ranni making a sort of sacrifice to erase any kind of divine influence from the world.

https://www.dualshockers.com/elden-...age-of-stars-ending-mistranslation-explained/

https://www.frontlinejp.net/2022/03/14/elden-ring-the-age-of-stars-ending-mistranslations-explained/

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Simp is worse than evil. A simp is a sucka who idolises mediocre pussy. Lets just say my character chose to become her consort because she's a goddess or whatever she is and he wanted to marry up.
Well, you give up a chance to be king of shit mountain to help a sentient love doll work through her issues with authority.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom