Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Elden Ring Streamed LP - 60 + 12

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Edit: I've privated these videos because the run didn't work out and I never got around to narrating it. I'm doing a new stream series on my channel found here and I'm narrating this time. I also plan to stream other games in future. Probably after Elden Ring I'll do one of the Souls trilogy, but I may do something different like Fallout. So I don't want anyone looking at my vids to just see a bunch of gameplay footage without narration. I plan to keep uploading YouTube video and I hope to eventually get a small audience of regulars.

I'm streaming making a level 60 +12 invasion build in ER. Edit: The build was completed quite quickly and I rescpecced out of it into something with less vigor to keep things interesting. This ended up being a mild challenge run to beat Elden Ring with a level 60 + 12 / 5 character. Once the run is done I'll respec him back to a tankier PVP build.

I had to stop streaming to have some dinner. I'll play for a couple more hours, getting the basics of my build in place. There's no plan for any of this, I'm just doing this spontaneously.

Last edited:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Isn't the mp part of Elden Ring dead due to everyone using the Seamless coop mod?

ah nevermind, you're playing on the PS5

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Today I think I'll do Stormveil then go straight for Raya Lucaria academy. After that we'll see. I just woke up. Let's get started:

I had to take a break. I'll get to Renala later today.

Edit: Ok I'm back. Time for Raya Lucaria:

Edit 2: I'm going to play some more, I'll see how much progress I can make:

Ok so that's it for the day. Hopefully now you can see what I'm going for with the build. Proc frost and reset with fire. Cause madness procs on the frostbite reset. You basically need percentage based damage for low level PVP. Everyone has heaps of vigor and weapons aren't upgraded enough for normal damage to be a threat. If someone's not doing status you can pretty much walk through their attacks. But the guts procs frost in a single hit. The bastard sword may take 2. Wild strikes makes them play cautious, flame of frenzy punishes cautious play. It works. Not against vets but I'm not beating them anyway TBH.

My main weapons are levelled now. So I just need to level vigor, get my last talisman slot and get my flasks fully upgraded and I'll start invading. If you think I suck against dragons wait until you see me against a skilled player with dual bleed spears.

I'm a bit embarrassed by how I'm playing to be honest. I thought I did ok in the first couple of videos, but I'm getting knocked all over the place in the later ones. It could be the illness, or it could be nerves because people might watch these videos. I guess it doesn't matter though. I've got the vigor to take it and I'm getting more. This character will be capable of beating the game at 60. The real challenge comes from the +12 but weapon arts and status should give me the damage output I need.

Last edited:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I did a small amount of grinding last night and got some temporary armor. The actual chest I want isn't available until consecrated snowfield. The arms don't match but they have good stats for their weight and should go well with my final chest piece (unaltered Banished Knight). I didn't want to level off camera so I spent the runes on upgrading my gear and a few boiled crabs.

Broadly speaking the task for today is getting my flask fully upgraded. That involves a lot of adventuring and killing Radahn. Lets get going! There's a couple more things to collect in Liurnia then its time for Caelid!

I thought about cheesing Radahn with rot and got all geared up to do that. Then I changed my mind. I'm pretty neutral about my performance in that fight. It wasn't close to good but there were some good moments. I've done better in the past with the same weapon. My mistake here was overreliance on my ash. It was just a bit slow and was getting punished a lot. Still, I did the best thing I could have done before the fight even started. I levelled vigor.

Lets collect more golden seeds. To Nokron!

Back to it. I chose to get kidnapped earlier just to do the duo fight, so I now have to beat full grown fallingstar beast to get to volcano manor. This should be a shitshow. I'm not even going to pretend I'm off my game for this one. I hate this fight. So lets do it.

Ok I'm proud of this one (the Fallingstar fight above). Not because I fought particularly well, but because you can see the progression from the fight seeming impossible to winning. You can see me re-learning the fight as I go. Were this a "get good run" I would have jumped off the side and fought him again so my final win could have been a bit more convincing. All the same, I'm happy with it and passage to Volcano Manor has been unlocked.

Lets go pay them a visit:

Ok the build is basically done. That last fight was kinda bad though. Most of the times I've fought Ghost Godfrey I've been completely OP so I've never had to learn him. I still haven't had to learn him. Vigor and red flasks had me covered.

I still need two sacred tears and crimson amber +2. I'm also thinking I want to get RKR and kill Rykard so I can get the chest armor from his boss arena. So I'll probably do volcano manor tomorrow morning then once I'm warmed up I'll try some PVP. Hopefully I win a couple. My record is about 50/50 so far, but I haven't done much PVP and all of it was at 32 +5. So 60 +12 is a step up for me.

Last edited:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I'm feeling like the whole PVP build angle is making the run less interesting to watch and less enjoyable for me to play. I'm liking doing a low level playthrough with under levelled weapons, but I think I've got too much vigor TBH. Some of the fights in the last couple of videos were quite shit, but I won anyway by being tanky. Radahn, Draconic Tree Sentinel and Ghost Godfrey. Especially that last one. I have a solution. I've got lots of larval tears.

I'm going to respec into a more interesting build with only 40 vigor (35 base). That's still very playable, but slightly less forgiving than 52. Once the playthrough is finished I'll still have a level 60 +12 I can respec for PVP.

I thought I was done for the day but I want to get started on that right now. I'll just do a short stream to do the respec and get my new weapon. It would be easier to respec after I get the weapon. So I'll do it first:

Edit: Well that turned into a thing. Two hours fighting the Godskin Apostle. Honestly I loved it. Lowering vigor was a good decision.

Last edited:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
So let's take stock. I completed and abandoned my PVP build. I've respecced into a Godslayer's greatsword/whatever I want to use build and lowered my vigor to base 35. After I finished streaming I did another respec to meet requirements for Godslayer's seal and I went and got that. Purely for aesthetic reasons TBH, scaling really doesn't matter for this character.

I've been going hard with mostly instrumental play these last couple of days. Today I cut loose and fight some bosses I missed. I don't need anything they have, I just want to clear them before I do Morgott and move on with the run. Lets start back in Siofra River with the Dragonkin Soldier:

Man I hate fighting dragons in this game. They're really visually impressive but they're trash bosses IMO (except Placidusax). I usually just cheese them because I can't be fucked with them. I'm going to do that to the next dragon I fight. I don't care to get good at them, they suck.

Also, The Queen's Black Flame is trash next to Flaming Strike. I don't know how much I'll actually use Godslayer's greatsword. I'm in a foul mood after that dragon so I've stopped for lunch. I was going to get into Volcano Manor next but I think when I come back I'll fight Black Blade Kindred instead. Now there's a real boss fight.

Ok here's Black Blade Kindred. I'm posting it in a standalone video because its one of my favorite boss fights. I think I did ok. Not great but not bad. I got fatigued near the end and started getting hit by some really easy stuff but otherwise I think it went fine.

Here's Volcano Manor. I enjoyed the boss fights here, and the dungeon even though I went through pretty quickly. And yes I respecced out of my respec. I'm terrible like that. I just wasn't feeling Godslayer's Greatsword. I've used it before and enjoyed the normal moveset a lot, but that's if you feed it DEX (and some STR). At requirements it will be a pool noodle at high levels and its WA kept getting me hit. So I finally took enough STR to one hand the Guts. Can't go wrong with the Guts.

I'll probably continue Ranni's questline next.

I didn't continue Ranni's questline. Instead I tidied up a few loose ends and then fought Morgott. I may get to her questline later. I enjoy the Alecto fight but its a lot to do just to get to it. We'll see.

Morgott was interesting. I've never fought him with a character this underpowered before so I've never learned him. This is true for every boss from now on so I don't really need to keep saying it. Even during my "get good" runs I'm normally seriously OP by now. He usually dies in a couple giant hunts or something.

This time I got mad. I was trying to figure his patterns and punishes out but it was all too frenetic. I decided to cheese him but even that didn't work. So I went back to basics. Then I figured him out.

The secret is there is no secret. This time you're not meant to learn the pattern and punish windows. He's too fast. Just go nuts on him. Don't be afraid to tank a few shots. It's not a ballet of blades, it's a slugfest. Perfect for the Guts Greatsword. That's when I started having fun again. Awesome fight.

I think that's enough for one day. Tomorrow I start the late game. Shit's about to get real!

Last edited:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Okay so I respecced my respec to do some PVP this morning. It went well. Now I'm going to respec out of that respec so that I can use the nagakiba again.

Then I need to pick up a couple of things before I get stuck into the late game. The medicine peddler's bell bearing so I can buy blood boluses for PVP and Great Jar's arsenal so I can carry a secondary armament again. I also want the somberstone miner's bell bearings for convenience if I want to upgrade some more weapons.

Once all that is done I want to progress Millicent's questline some more.

That's a lot to do. Let's get started:

Wow those NPC duelists were a nightmare. I've only done that in offline mode before, I forgot it uses actual player builds. ROB is still incredibly lethal when you're lightly armored like I am. That was harder than many actual invasions!

I ended up cheesing it. I thought there were a couple cool builds there. The madness build was awful to fight but cool and the Royal Greatsword build was pretty epic. I must admit I saved that one for last because I thought it would be easiest. I was right, but I got too cocky and lost anyway. Not sure the level of those duelists btw. It seems like they don't scale their upgrade level. Some of them did terrifying amounts of damage. The AI was quite impressive too. Better than many players. So why is Mimic Tear so stupid?

I'm getting fatigued as it gets harder. That always happens. My build is basically done too, it just needs the +2 crimson amber, which is an insignificant upgrade on the +1 but still an upgrade. This is where I'd normally stop and make a new build, but I'll beat the game because I'm streaming it. It's not going to be a completionist playthrough though. I want to get this finished.

I'll start getting achievements soon. The only time I actually completed ER was on PS4 and they don't carry over to PS5.

Welcome to the late game. Christ. I'm glad I got my vigor back. The nagi is quite weak on my build but I'm glad I've got that too. It's a fun alternative setup. I've always wanted to try a build focused on that weapon. Maybe I will have to make my level 90 +18 a pure dex build.

Last edited:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
The late game isn't going well TBH. I've stalled on Fire Giant. I can damage him, I'm just horrible at fighting this boss. Its because I get bored when my builds are done, and they're always done by this point. So I don't usually even play the endgame. I can see he's beatable but this is going to take a while.

I'll post the stream just in case someone is following my whole journey, but this one isn't worth watching. Its just me getting my ass handed to me again and again. There's some progress, but not enough obviously because I still haven't beaten him:

Ok there. Fire giant cleared. FUCK! I hate that boss. Can't say it's a badly designed boss or anything I was just getting genuinely mad about how much time I spent chasing him. IDGAF that I cheesed him with Rotten Breath. I'm level 60 with +12 weapons. I'm not proud or ashamed of my performance in this fight. I'm just glad its over. Now to stop streaming for a bit and grind for two Iron Greatswords before I burn the Erdtree.

Got them. What an awful grind that was. I got the first one pretty quickly but the second one took forever. With my DPS I had to have a pretty prolonged fight with them each time, which I occasionally didn't even win. But I got the swords. That Bastard Sword can be retired now. The Iron Greatsword is a straight upgrade.

Greatsword, Iron Greatsword x 2, Broadsword, Great Mace and Great Stars. I have all the weapons I want for the build now. Farum Azula is next. If I go to the Haligtree I'll do it on my own time. I want to get this LP finished so I can play something else. I started Bloodborne recently. I want to get back to that once this run is done and I've done a few more invasions.

I went on a quest for more drip. It's in two parts because life intervened and I had to stop recording briefly:

We've arrived at the endgame!

Now I don't actually feel like stopping for the day, but I'd rather leave Godskin Duo for tomorrow. So lets backtrack and do an optional boss. I want to fight Alecto! I don't need Tiche because I don't have the spiritcalling bell but fuck it, lets fight him anyway. This one is always difficult. I've never done it with +12 weapons before, lets see if I can do it!

Well that was certainly unexpected. Both the hell of just leaving Farum Azula and Alecto... well I think that fight speaks for itself.

Last edited:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Sadly we've reached the point where my skill level means I either do each fight 500 times or I cheese everything just to finish. I'll step away for a couple of days. I'm kind of burned out and I just want this over but I'll probably regret it if I just cheese everything. What's the point right?

I'll be honest here, I'm not feeling very motivated to finish this. I set out to make a PVP build at 60 + 12 and I've done that. Here is short a video demonstrating the build in PVP. I may return to this but I doubt it. I want to get started on my meta level light rolling DEX/Madness build.

Last edited:

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I'm coming back to this. I burned out hard after putting in 40 hours over a week. I started getting frustrated whenever I died and just cheesing fights wherever I could. I need a day or two off playing entirely. I've played Elden Ring every day for the last 6 months. Usually for 3 or more hours. Including today. But I'm not playing tomorrow. LP will resume either the day after tomorrow or next week. When I feel up to spending a whole day on that Godskin duo fight.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I tried again. I planned to do 3 hours of attempts but I got too angry so I had to stop. The run is still stalled on Godskin Duo. I can see its possible. I even got them to half health once. I'm just so far from getting it. Its hard to make myself keep doing this. I will. Just no more today.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Was thinking about killing myself, but your enthusiasm for ER convinced me to keep on living.

A medium shield with Golden Parry makes the godskin duo much easier, especially at low levels.

Dadd

Learned
I tried again. I planned to do 3 hours of attempts but I got too angry so I had to stop. The run is still stalled on Godskin Duo. I can see its possible. I even got them to half health once. I'm just so far from getting it. Its hard to make myself keep doing this. I will. Just no more today.

Panic rolling is detrimental to your success

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Was thinking about killing myself, but your enthusiasm for ER convinced me to keep on living.

A medium shield with Golden Parry makes the godskin duo much easier, especially at low levels.
I spent a day trying to get the hang of parrying. I didn't bother to record it. The experience kind of broke me. As in I ended up so angry I was yelling at my TV with spittle flying from my mouth. I didn't even know I could rage like that at a game.

At first I took your advice, using Golden Parry on a heater shield. I set all my flasks to red except 1, drank my regen physick and just tried to parry the raya lucaria soldiers until I ran out of heals. Sometimes I would feel like I was turning a corner, and I could parry them several times in a row. Most of the time I was 1 in 20 times. Whenever I thought I'd figured something out it was really just luck.

My success rate was considerably higher with an iron roundshield and the regular parry ash of war. I don't know why. Still abysmal though. I can only parry the most telegraphed attacks imaginable and even then I miss half the time on my best day. At the end of the day I was no better at parrying than at the start of it.That's not the first time I've tried to learn. I've put hours and hours into it on multiple saves. I'm starting to think it may be a cognitive issue rather than a practice issue. I just don't seem able to learn or even significantly improve and whenever I think that is happening its just luck.

I've put thousands of hours into this game. I play every day, even when I say I'll take time off I don't stick to that because I still love it. But parrying and dodging extremely delayed attacks are two things that I think I may actually never learn.

d1r

Patron

Dude, what

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Ok fuck this. I just did a few more attempts on the duo. I'm abandoning this challenge. I'm happy with the build I made. He does well in mid level PVP. But I actually can't beat the duo with +12 weapons. I'd need to use summons or sleep pots or something at which point its not really a challenge run. I'm just going to call it here. Godskin duo is as far as I can get at 60 +12. Its not the 60 that's the issue. It's the +12. The fight is just too long when all it takes is getting caught between them once to end it.

I can see that its possible. I can see that if I spent several days on this I'd eventually get it. But this is miserable. I'm quitting. Sorry to the 2 people who actually watched this. This sucks and I'm not happy about this decision but I've really bitten off more than I can chew here. Damage output and length of fights matters so much. If anyone has an idea on how I can up my damage output enough to win without a respec I'm all ears. Otherwise I'm done.

d1r

Patron
Its really interesting to see how excited you were at the beginning of the challenge, and then more and more lost faith in it because Elden Ring's endgame is really not catered to "normal" weapon builds with so many enemies becoming complete bullet sponges that laugh at normal weapon arts. I myself always try to keep a low lvl as well when I go into Souls games because of the PvP, but Elden Ring is just tedious garbage when trying to do so.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
After probably a hundred attempts spread over multiple days, some hours at a time, some only a few minutes, after trying every approach I could think of and swearing I would give up then trying again... I finally gave up for real and just cheesed them with sleep and a summoned NPC. The fight took about four minutes and it was effortless. I concede defeat. I think I could beat the Godskin Duo at 60, but not at +12. I'm just not that good. The fight is too long and I deal too little damage while taking too much.

Anyway, here's the fight. It was sloppy but it doesn't matter. It was easy with the summon:

And with that my crappy stream is over. I'll continue on with this save on my own time. Nobody needs to watch me going around hunting for ghost gloveworts so I can cheese Maliketh with Tiche. But I still want crimson amber +2 for this save, so Like I say, on my own time. Shit ending to the LP but I genuinely love the build I ended up with.

Hopefully in the future when I'm more skilled I can do another one and actually be able to finish it. I honestly tried my best. I spent a couple hours today doing attempts before I gave up and at my current skill level it's just not going to happen. There's no magic bullet for this fight, I just need to get good. And that won't happen overnight. I hope NJClaw is okay btw. Was your comment a strange joke? Don't KYS, everything is temporary. Happiness and pain. Even life. So what's the rush? Experience what you have left to experience. It'll end anyway and none of it really matters so don't take it so seriously.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
My success rate was considerably higher with an iron roundshield and the regular parry ash of war.
Unless they changed something with the latest patches, this should be entirely psychological. Last time I checked, Golden Parry worked exactly like the small shields' parry but with one more active frame.

I'm starting to think it may be a cognitive issue rather than a practice issue. I just don't seem able to learn or even significantly improve and whenever I think that is happening its just luck.
What's the FPS cap on the console you're playing on? That might be the real issue here.

The fight is too long and I deal too little damage while taking too much.
I know it's too late now, but have you tried using Rivers of Blood? Playing with an underleveled weapon is a huge handicap, but bleed damage bypasses that almost entirely.

I hope @NJClaw is okay btw. Was your comment a strange joke? Don't KYS, everything is temporary. Happiness and pain. Even life. So what's the rush? Experience what you have left to experience. It'll end anyway and none of it really matters so don't take it so seriously.
I appreciate the thought, but of course that was a joke :love:

I'm going to off myself only the day I have to get a real job, and I can assure you that isn't going to happen soon.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
I know it's too late now, but have you tried using Rivers of Blood? Playing with an underleveled weapon is a huge handicap, but bleed damage bypasses that almost entirely.

I've actually never used rivers of blood. I've used bleed though. That's how I beat the apostle in Dragonbarrow early in the run when I was thinking I'd try Godslayer's greatsword. I used bloodflame blade on a spiked caestus. As for the framerate issue, google tells me that the ps5 runs at 120 fps. I'm sure its not a hardware issue. Its just a skill thing. When I go back to the save I'll try to solo Maliketh to somewhat redeem myself. If I succeed I'll upload it. That could be a while though.

I've stepped away from ER for a bit (for real). I started my first playthrough of DS3 today. Blind, playing as a wretch because I had no idea what my build should be. It seems a lot was toned down for Elden Ring. The early game bosses are easy but holy crap the regular enemies are absolute beasts. I for sure miss godrick soldiers and trolls.

Still its going well, I got myself an Ucigatana from the guy at the start and I've managed to kill the first couple bosses. Remarkable game. I finished the day by hitting a tree in the ball sack and claiming what I'm guessing is equivalent to a remembrance.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
When I go back to the save I'll try to solo Maliketh to somewhat redeem myself. If I succeed I'll upload it. That could be a while though.
Maliketh is another boss that you can absolutely wreck with Rivers of Blood.

As for DS3, regardless of what many people might want you to believe, all souls are worth a playthrough at the very least. Don't expect the same hardships you experienced with ER, though. Once you have learned one of these games, you already have the basics to face them all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom