Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls Elder Scrolls 25th Anniversary

Turjan

Arcane
The Elder Scrolls will turn 25 in a couple of days, and in preparation, Bethesda are giving away some garbage nice items for Skyrim SE and Fallout 4 (Nordic Jewelry and the Skyrim helmet/sword for F4, respectively) on the Creation Club. They also present a 25th Anniversary Bundle for Skyrim with a choice of their most ignored beloved apparel and artifacts in the store, for the full expansion sized incredibly low price of $1 for every year the franchise is old. What joyous times to live in.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Apparently, companies nowadays see their customers as some kind digital addicted beggars nowadays. I mean, it's fucking 25 years of your fucking franchise and all they do - throw away some boring items on their site.

Turjan

Arcane
I'm sure someone at Bethesda found it incredibly funny to charge $25 for a 25th anniversary grab bag of random stuff.

They have become the embodiment of their own Fallout 4 memes.

Last edited:

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Time release another special edition of Skyrim, on every platform. Heck, maybe we'll get up to 25 versions of Skyrim this way.

Well I know I'd release if I knew there were idiots gobbling up that shit. Fool is not the one offers but the one who takes.

:mixedemotions:

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Long live Elder Scrolls, 25 years of fun .
Imperial Library website and Encyclopedia Tamrielica are good examples how great is to have living series since Arena and other spin offs like Redguard to the point where we are expecting TES VI.
Just think how great it will be to play new Ultima nowdays , let's say Ultima XX made by Origin .
I wish more crpgs have such great fanbase and dedicated Devs.

Last edited:
Long live Elder Scrolls, 25 years of fun .
Imperial Library website and Encyclopedia Tamrielica are good examples how great is to have living series since Arena and other spin offs like Redguard to the point where we are expecting TES VI.
Just think how great it will be to play new Ultima nowdays , let's say Ultima XX made by Origin .
I wish more crpgs have such great fanbase and dedicated Devs.
Ultima's lore is pretty cool but I don't remember there being any fan participation in the lore. That's the compelling part about ES lore. That the fans contributed a great deal during the development of Daggerfall and then Morrowind. Problem is, most of the richest and most well thought out lore is considered non canon. And if it isn't it gets retconed anyway.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
Whatever. Bethesda ought to make a TES game that lives up to its history instead.
Fat chance that ever happens.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Wow, 25 years and not even ONE good game.

when you open your door to go to work tomorrow

7wmDOET.jpg

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

Arab slavers cared more about their slaves then Bethpizda about their flagship IP. What a pitiful and pathetic way to "celebrate" quarter of a century of IP that made them billions and gave birth to Bethesda as brand which they aborted with their last few years of continues magna failures. Pimping Morrowind for a day and not sec. longer so that people can install their shitty launcher and they can justify creation of it to higher ups with increased user numbers no matter they are all accounts with single game received for free

Burn Bethesda, fire from your burnig corpse in free fall makes my feet warm! Move aside, other devs like Paradox, Warhorse and CD Projekt, flawed as they might be, are f0kin destroying your monopoly and smearing their success on the face of your failure, which might as well be Tweet Hines face

Die, burn, begone Bethesthot! Masses are finally seeing what a sharlatan and false prophet you are, Todd. All the memes that you have been creating behind your office door with sign "Don't disturb, making ES VI" from thousands of your spare accounts, some here on Codex, are not even funny anymore. People are immune to your mass illusion spells. Your future is Khajiit caravan in Central Africa peddling Skyrim discs in UN food and anti-HIV containers. Feed them your lies, you might solve overpopulation bug there

Join Dwemers, Todd. Disappear

P.S.
Qfy7R3E_d.jpg

hell bovine

Arcane
They've extended the offer until the end of March. Seems to be working; reddit got hit by an influx of new players. Considering many are coming from Skyrim/Oblivions, that's bound to be a shock for some. :lol:

Doktor Best

Arcane
For once i dont get the spite. Theyre giving away their best game for free as celebration. Probably their first non-dick-move in years.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
For once i dont get the spite. Theyre giving away their best game for free as celebration. Probably their first non-dick-move in years.

Maybe there would be much less steam about it if I could get it on Steam and not install (yet another!) shitty launcher, probably buggiest of them all cause bugs are Bethesda's signiture feature. Oh, and according to many who tried to claim game, it would be nice if Bethesda launcher didn't act as club bouncer and kicked them out every time they entered code

One cancer launcher is enough, I don't need another one, thanks Toddster

Plaguecrafter

Novice
Oh, and according to many who tried to claim game, it would be nice if Bethesda launcher didn't act as club bouncer and kicked them out every time they entered code

Even better yet, telling you all the time that your password is wrong.

Enter the password. It's wrong. Change the password to be the same. Password changed successfully. Enter the password. It's wrong. Change the password again, this time to be something else. Password changed successfully. Enter the new password. It's wrong.

Just Bethesda things.

Turjan

Arcane
They've extended the offer until the end of March. Seems to be working; reddit got hit by an influx of new players. Considering many are coming from Skyrim/Oblivions, that's bound to be a shock for some. :lol:

Did anyone already ask for directions to Caius Cosades?

Confession time: While I had no problems finding Caius Cosades, I accidentally sold the package for him at Arrille's Tradehouse the first time round. Oops.

Turjan

Arcane
Well, it's a promotion for the Bethesda Launcher. Given most players who look at this topic have the game already, they are targeting a new crowd. It doesn't even matter if the new players don't like the game, they will have the launcher installed now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom