Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Kem0sabe

Arcane
What's with all that graphic whorism these days? Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Cyberpunk 2077 really spoiled you guys.

Go play some Deus Ex from 2000 and repent!

Its not necessarily about graphics, but animations, movement, traversal, combat itself, dialogue, character design... in the case of Elex 2, it's all mediocre or outright bad from the videos we have seen. With the work coming out of very small independent studios, like Kena bridge of spirits has shown recently, there is no excuse for this shit PB is showing us except for ineptitude.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Deliverance and Cyberjunk are both horrible in terms of graphics.
By the way graphics aren't just the still screenshots but the actual game animation.
When I watched the monsters gliding on the surface I was done.
This isn't acceptable in this day, make a proper game or stop trying to sell it.
Any goodwill they had gathered, they squandered it.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
nooooooo how dare they recycle perfectly fine assets between all their games instead of wasting time, effort and money on making new ones from scratch each time like all the other cool kids do

zapotec

Liturgist
I really liked gothic 1 and 2, i tried Elex but it was a boredom. The world is too big for a gothic game...

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
nooooooo how dare they recycle perfectly fine assets between all their games instead of wasting time, effort and money on making new ones from scratch each time like all the other cool kids do
yeah but after so many years one should let gothic1 go

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Not rpg, but gothic isn't an rpg so Witcher 3 has great graphics. Dying Light has great graphics. Both games are older than Elex 2.
And team size is not an excuse, Cyberjunk was developed by lots of people and it's still trash after many patches.

Star Citizen

Learned
Gameplay video looked dope! I legit thought they were gonna attempt to streamline it but that melee-jank is not fooling anyone :lol: I'm actually amped to play this shit.

Zlaja

Arcane
that means we can complete multiple quests without burning bridges and becoming an enemy of one faction or another

I remember in ELEX 1 I decided to join the Berserkers and ultimately became an enemy of the Outlaws which was unfortunate

Yeah, God forbid joining a faction would make you an enemy of someone. Also, I just can't stand when the game doesn't allow me to do all quests on a single playthrough. I'm sick of all the RPG grandpas and their choice & consequence bullshit.

where's Nasty tho

Caja was bland in comparison

Agree, no one gives a shit about Caja. That filthy peasant! Nasty is our girl.

Anyone know who the new voice actor for Jax is?

Who ever he is, he deserves a punch in the face for sounding terrible.

PS: Also, Jax having a goblin looking son is super annoying.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom