Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
They banned guns in Australia, people went on killing sprees with knives with the same efficacy. We're still fleshy humans. People tend to forget that.

I beg to differ. You can't kill 10-20-30-40 people from a tower with knives just because you have a bad day or some psychological disorder. Same with shootings in public places, schools, etc. You can maybe injure a few people if you're armed with just a knife and you're untrained, best case scenario. But even a 10 year old can do a *LOT* of damage with a machine gun.

BruceVC

Magister
Is it just me or are their people unreasonably criticizing the potential success and fun of ELEX 2 because of arbitrary things that shouldn't matter much to the overall depth of all PB games because of all the other components in the game that work

You become what you rehearse. People like bitching here.
Some people do but I find many members who are prepared to debate topics reasonably ( I just ignore rude people unless I have time or I want to engage ) and share interesting information about games and particularly for me I like learning about older RPG like Wizardry, M&M and the Gold Set AD&D games which I never played. I only really started gaming properly from about 2006-2007

Their is a wealth of information from many Codex members about these older RPG so that is always a pertinent type of debate for me on these forums

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

^gameplay

at 56:01 JA!!!

upload_2021-10-16_22-23-30.png

the makers of legendary Ghotic1, 2 ... how the mighty have fallen! :)

now giving up free T-shirts from an old beaten cardboard box, directly on stage, to an apathetic crowd.

Day ONE purchase!

ELEXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik

^gameplay

at 56:01 JA!!!

can someone extract the information from that gameplay presentation and QA at the end?

I have this feeling that we miss valuable information here that it would even make us to preorder this exquisite game!! :)

JDR13

Arcane
Why are they married? There's no way he's heterosexual. Look at those fucking pants.

Anyways, just give us a release date already! I want some more Elex!

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
In Elex 2 the main character will spend 2 weeks under the rocks so we can start at lvl 1 again and forget all our skill. He will be then teleported to the autism hq by Xardas who will explain to him that dragons summoned by elexit have attacked and he needs to inform the paladins.

Last edited:

Dodo1610

Arcane
can someone extract the information from that gameplay presentation and QA at the end?

I think the only new info that Nasty returns and they confirmed that you Elex 2 is the first PB with 5 factions + one secret option

The rest was just old info like:
you can loot enemy weapons, most NCPs are killable except children and those which are required for the main story, jetpack can be upgraded, attributes now affect your Jax stats...

Last edited:

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I really have no idea what graphics some people here are used to, but I was quite impressed by the gfx in that trailer with Caja and the baby. To me, it was a noticeable improvement in graphics quality over ELEX, but then, to me ELEX looked stunning and I don't understand why one would need anything "better" than that.

Sure, the animations and the characters' faces don't look like you're watching a movie... but who cares, I don't mind videgames looking like, you know, videogames.

Jinn

Arcane
My only problem with the graphics in the gameplay footage is the faces on the character models, which are so clearly a complete downgrade from the awesome faces in the first game. I think this can clearly be attributed to it being pre-release footage though, and full expect the faces to be improved before release. The scientist guy Jax is talking to has a really good face, so I think that's probably closer to what we'll get in the finished product.

Everything else is beautiful though. Nothing can beat PB's world design and overall geographical aesthetic. They know how to give a landscape true depth and texture.

JDR13

Arcane
My only problem with the graphics in the gameplay footage is the faces on the character models, which are so clearly a complete downgrade from the awesome faces in the first game. I think this can clearly be attributed to it being pre-release footage though, and full expect the faces to be improved before release. The scientist guy Jax is talking to has a really good face, so I think that's probably closer to what we'll get in the finished product.

Everything else is beautiful though. Nothing can beat PB's world design and overall geographical aesthetic. They know how to give a landscape true depth and texture.

I can't confirm it, but I heard they're pretty much finished with the game at this point. So I have a feeling we're going to be stuck with those shitty faces.

It won't bother me as I know it's probably going to be a great experience anyways, but I hope it doesn't get review bombed by the trolls looking for an excuse.

BruceVC

Magister
I really have no idea what graphics some people here are used to, but I was quite impressed by the gfx in that trailer with Caja and the baby. To me, it was a noticeable improvement in graphics quality over ELEX, but then, to me ELEX looked stunning and I don't understand why one would need anything "better" than that.

Sure, the animations and the characters' faces don't look like you're watching a movie... but who cares, I don't mind videgames looking like, you know, videogames.
I tend to agree, I love the graphics and see no real issues but I would appreciate different facial models ....just so people do look different where reasonable

This plays a small factor in my companion choices and possible Romance arcs

JDR13

Arcane
New PB podcast talking about preorders. It's in German of course. Can one of our Kraut members tell us if anything is mentioned about a release date?

Last edited by a moderator:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
the makers of legendary Ghotic1, 2 ... how the mighty have fallen!

well, after a quick search, this guy Björn Pankratz, had nothing to do with Gothic 1&2!?

does anybody here know what role he had in G1,2 if he had any?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom