Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

BruceVC

Magister

Great post because for me the actual sales figures matter for a company like PB, its not an indie developer that can rely on Kickstarter or similar crowdfunding

So this confirms what most of us fans of PB games already know, ELEX 1 was a good game and sold well and ELEX 2 is going to be the same because obviously fans will buy the game and support it. And hopefully we can grow the fanbase with new gamers also loving PB games :salute:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
the makers of legendary Ghotic1, 2 ... how the mighty have fallen!

well, after a quick search, this guy Björn Pankratz, had nothing to do with Gothic 1&2!?

does anybody here know what role he had in G1,2 if he had any?

He's been at PB since Gothic 1. Cf:

https://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/gothic/credits
https://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/gothic-ii/credits

Also here:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2430988/

Zlaja

Arcane
I think the only new info that Nasty returns

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

you can loot enemy weapons

This has me a bit worried. I hope they still have stat requirements like in the first game then. And I hope those requirements make sense, considering the type of weapon, but also the difficulty of the enemy wielding it.

My only problem with the graphics in the gameplay footage is the faces on the character models

Yeah, they look absolutely abyssmal. Caja's mug looked comically bad. And Jax looks like a younger looking dork version of himself. As if his new voice wasn't bad enough.

I can't confirm it, but I heard they're pretty much finished with the game at this point. So I have a feeling we're going to be stuck with those shitty faces

You gotta be shitting me! :retarded:

Also, I have to say that the new inventory/skills UI looks pretty dull and uninspired. The UI in the first was a bit sparse on crucial info, but I liked that futuristic blue look. Oh, well. Still looking forward to the game.

Jinn

Arcane
You better remove those quotations marks, friend.

Seriously, as far as I'm concerned there isn't another open-world game to look forward to. I wracked my brain for good open-world games from the past that I could possibly play over the past few days, and I landed on Two Worlds of all things. This is where we're at. People who don't realize this simple fact are delusional. Support the kinds of games you like, or die without them.

This will be a masterpiece of open-world RPGs in the time we're living in. Shut the fuck up, or give examples of others we might partake in. Beyond that, ELEX was exceptional in and of itself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom