Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Zeriel

Arcane
DWdj_l8X0AAhgKO.jpg

e7lm0facro051.jpg

8aluk6ljo9z61.jpg

They all look exactly the same. Come to think of it it's kind of weird how that was in Elex 1. Did they just use 1 model for every female?

Zeriel

Arcane
To call the Morkons bloodthirsty would probably be the understatement of the century, as at the core of this fanatical group is the worship of Raavac, the "god of Oblivion", whose wish is reportedly the literal annihilation of all life on Magalan.

The Morkons believe that the death of everything is the only way to bring "balance" to the planet, and to that end they are prepared to fight literally everyone. Even the coming of the Skyands is considered by the Morkon leadership to be a "God-given" event which will contribute to their genocidal plans.
So basically like that guy from Arcanum. Sounds pretty retarded tbh.
Might join autist faction now.
I mean Nyra isnt half bad.

Honestly they sound like modern day environmentalists. Pretty realistic.

Zeriel

Arcane
I thought they had some variation in 2 but it's been so long you might be right. I was thinking more along the lines of, "Well I guess that's in line with Gothic 1 where there's literally like 2 women in the entire game". It's just interesting in the sense that there's a ton of variety with the male faces in Elex 1 & 2.

Hellion

Arcane
I think Caja looks much less like a retard in ELEX II.

Nasty's fine but her voice (and rather wrinkled face) are those of a 49-year-old heavy smoker.

Nyra's... odd.

I think they've mentioned that most character models are WIP and will be improved in the final version. Look at the way Nyra's hand is hanging on her side like a bunch of grapes.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I really hope I'm wrong about the perception that they've decided on a "canon" ending for Elex 1 & set you up with specific relationships with characters in Elex 2, Gothic mostly managed avoiding that kind of shit by making the connections between games super vague and only the point of like the Sleeper dying being integral.

Wasn't it already confirmed ITT that the "Hybrid is dead" is the canon ending?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I really hope I'm wrong about the perception that they've decided on a "canon" ending for Elex 1 & set you up with specific relationships with characters in Elex 2, Gothic mostly managed avoiding that kind of shit by making the connections between games super vague and only the point of like the Sleeper dying being integral.

It's dead. And good fucking riddance!

Blutwurstritter

Learned
The Gamestar video also mentioned that you can now finish the game without joining a faction, which is very welcome. Elex 1 already seemed to be designed in that direction, its good that the option is now available.

Ryzer

Arcane
The Gamestar video also mentioned that you can now finish the game without joining a faction, which is very welcome. Elex 1 already seemed to be designed in that direction, its good that the option is now available.
You know what is most incline? you can join the RPG Codex Faction (Morkons) in Elex 2.

notpl

Arbiter
I am never going to play a piranha bytes game where I am not some kind of wizard, so I just hope magic isn't restricted to the renaissance faire LARP faction. The lore in elex 1 said that elex gave the albs magic powers, so presumably they have something.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

its just sleeping. You will encounter it in elex3 where jaxxx is sent through the barrier into mining colony where he will smoke some weird plants

Blutwurstritter

Learned
You know what is most incline? you can join the RPG Codex Faction (Morkons) in Elex 2.
They won't be fighting with their sharpened wit that's for sure, perhaps with brutal bluntness instead. And the function of this multitude of buttons on their equipment is still a mystery, they seem to have no effect on enemies. I'm afraid it boils down to the skill tree then which has yet to be revealed.

Dodo1610

Arcane

Nope he is alive, though he uses his old name again Adam Charles Dawkins and he literally the first NCP you meet in Elex 2

Last edited:

Grimlorn

Arcane

Nope he is alive, though he uses his old name again Adam Charles Dawkins and he literally the first NCP you meet in Elex 2

When Adam was first introduced I wondered if he was the hybrid, didn't even remember Dawkins first name either, and they would reveal it later on as the twist at the middle or end of the game. But I was surprised they revealed it 10 minutes later into the game.

Cunt Dickula!?

I find it a little weak that the Clerics in ELEX 2 now suddenly have a castle ruin in a location where none was in ELEX 1.
Or did they build a whole medieval castle in the 7 years between the games?

Doktor Best

Arcane
I find it a little weak that the Clerics in ELEX 2 now suddenly have a castle ruin in a location where none was in ELEX 1.

It's air inflated. A relic from the forgotten days.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

I thought it would be the castle ruin next to the Calaan silo.

Cunt Dickula!?

So as we can see from the video the cleric base is here:

v2VCate.png

The other ruin you guys are talking about is north east of the volcano though:
(The concept that ELEX can freeze a volcano is also pretty retarded tbh)

wR2rgw4.jpg

Also you can now see the castle ruins of the cleric camp from the ground. In ELEX 1 there were no ruins...

6EGxokV.jpg

Hellion

Arcane
The area where the Clerics' castle is in ELEX II, was not even visitable in ELEX.

The castle ruins you've circled in the second pic are a location in II though, there's a few quests to do there.

Cunt Dickula!?

Yeah they weren't visitable but you also couldnt see the castle from the ground as you can now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom