Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Jinn

Arcane
Canceled, eh rusty_shackleford? WRONG!

Translated excerpt from the Gamestar preview:

Because Elex 2 is more Gothic 2 than Risen 2 . In concrete terms: It primarily continues the strengths of its predecessor instead of breaking with them. It expands instead of revolutionizing. You get a comparable open world, comparable fights, a comparable narrative style and - you guessed it - comparable open-mouth moments.

But before you confuse "conservative" with "boring": Elex 2 has cool new ideas, an exciting story starting point, new open world areas - and you can now fly with the jetpack! So don't float, just fly properly. Like Iron Man.

The rough outline: what is Elex 2?

The absolutely most important information first: Yes, there is a chainsaw broadsword again in Elex 2, yikes! Elex 2 plays a few years after its predecessor - and what is bad news for the inhabitants of the game world should again please fans. The world of Magalan still doesn't get the hang of leaving its own post-apocalyptic devastation behind. So a mix of dense fantasy forests, weathered skyscrapers and science fiction innovations is waiting for you. Here are the basic facts:

Story and quests
  • You play again as Ex-Alb Jax, but there will be no savegame import from Elex 1. As in Gothic 2, you lose your skills and can decide again which path your non-nameless hero should take.
  • Anyone who has played Elex 1 will know: A new threat hangs over the world. But nobody wants to believe Jax, which is why he fell out with the old factions and went into exile. In Elex 2, he returns from oblivion to convince people of his cause.
  • According to Piranha Bytes, none of their games have had as many dialogues and storylines as Elex 2. By the end of the credits you are busy an average of 60 hours, 100 percent natures naturally need significantly longer - and the factions mean that there is always a high replay value.
  • There will be more than three factions, but the parties still represent certain character classes or weapon types.
  • It is still unclear how many factions are completely new. But we speculate that at least berserkers and outlaws will return.
  • The companion system returns: Jax hires familiar and new companions to accompany him through the rugged wilderness. As part of the quest, there should be significantly more decisions and hard consequences.
Open world
  • Elex 2 offers a new open world that consists partly of old and partly of new regions. The old areas have been changed drastically over the years and by the hearts of the world, but you also travel to completely new areas. So overall like in Gothic 2.
  • Your jetpack not only allows you to float, but you can also jet through the landscape like Boba Fett. But only after a few upgrades.
  • Children are now a part of the play world.
  • The nights in Elex 2 are significantly darker than in the predecessor. But hey, now you've got a flashlight for that.
Further gameplay adjustments
  • Little changes in the classes: You can play as a ranged fighter, magician, thug or a mishmash.
  • Because you are now more agile in the air, there is also pure air combat against other flying opponents. So Jax can fight gargoyles at a height of 20 meters.
  • The moral system has been revised: Instead of a cold value for Jax's emotional state, there is now "creation" and "destruction". Whoever kills defenseless sheep, for example, increases the destruction value. This new moral system is closely interlinked with the parliamentary groups - more on this below in the article.
Technically, you can see Elex 2's leap forward, even if you still can't expect the smoothness of a 1,500-person Ubisoft production, for example, in the animation.

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Because Elex 2 is more Gothic 2 than Risen 2

tenor.gif

Hobo Elf

Arcane
  • The moral system has been revised: Instead of a cold value for Jax's emotional state, there is now "creation" and "destruction". Whoever kills defenseless sheep, for example, increases the destruction value. This new moral system is closely interlinked with the parliamentary groups - more on this below in the article.
Technically, you can see Elex 2's leap forward, even if you still can't expect the smoothness of a 1,500-person Ubisoft production, for example, in the animation.
As if ELEX wasn't amazing enough, PB went all in with complex sheep genocide-morality systems.. Fuck, I kneel.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Fuck, I'm excited.

I just hope they get the game balance a little better this time. The power transitions in Elex were a little too rough. And enemy armor too binary (either you penetrate or forget it.. or spam granades I guess).
Needing minimum Tier 1 weaponry to be able to fight somewhat competently even vs starting mobs didn't feel right.
Fighting vs groups never felt right. Combat system seemed to be made with duels in mind... but outside of some faction quarrels, you almost never fight 1 on 1.

In Gothic 2 the transition from peasant who can't hold his sword right to a hero was far smoother/better.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Believing rusty,the dude so butthurt about the decline of kwan game making,that he hates anything made outside of kwan...sure.

Oh, I never believed him.
He could be an obnoxious cunt from time to time,even shills for Baldur's Gape .I. and thirst after the vampire fag.

I'll be sure only after the game is installed on my pc.
Well pb haven't delivered a bad game yet,it is time for some hype and positive vibes. For this occasion i will open a bottle of some nice rakia,here is something positive to start up your day.

:martini:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fuck, I'm excited.

I just hope they get the game balance a little better this time. The power transitions in Elex were a little too rough. And enemy armor too binary (either you penetrate or forget it.. or spam granades I guess).
Needing minimum Tier 1 weaponry to be able to fight somewhat competently even vs starting mobs didn't feel right.
Fighting vs groups never felt right. Combat system seemed to be made with duels in mind... but outside of some faction quarrels, you almost never fight 1 on 1.

In Gothic 2 the transition from peasant who can't hold his sword right to a hero was far smoother/better.
LoL what a heretic,disgusting balance in PB game.
tenor.gif

Jinn

Arcane
We have truly been blessed on this day! Too bad it's probably still going to be awhile.

What did we see
Our impressions of Elex 2 are based on a gameplay presentation, the reveal trailer and almost an hour and a half of conversation with Björn and Jenny Pankratz from Piranha Bytes. How Elex 2 actually plays cannot currently be assessed - the game is in a very early version anyway, but it is already impressive. In this cover story here we first clarify the rough basic facts about gameplay, open world and Co., before we then go much deeper into the exciting innovations.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ooh. Does somebody have full access to the GameStar site? Maybe it'll hit English language websites later.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
PB making women in their games ugly far before any other western dev. Glad to see they're continuing the tradition.
:nocountryforshitposters:
Have you seen german women?!

PS:Now that i noticed the trailer,she looks pretty good,would bang. Far better than those niggers dikes in kwan games!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom