Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I always thought that the Cleric camp at least was low population due to wars of attrition with the Albs and they were mostly robots in their fighting force.

Hellion

Arcane
The Albs' settlement actually feels quite larger than it might appear on the map at first glance. It's still smaller compared to the Berzerkers/Outlaws/Morkons bases, of course, which are yuge by comparison.

But yes the Clerics' general concept is that they fled from their bases at Ignadon after the Albs assaulted and conquered the region, and are therefore still struggling to replenish their numbers and prestige.

Codex Year of the Donut
The Albs' settlement actually feels quite larger than it might appear on the map at first glance. It's still smaller compared to the Berzerkers/Outlaws/Morkons bases, of course, which are yuge by comparison.

But yes the Clerics' general concept is that they fled from their bases at Ignadon after the Albs assaulted and conquered the region, and are therefore still struggling to replenish their numbers and prestige.
so, what are you allowed to discuss?
can you join the skyands at all or are they just enemies?
are the morkons basically muslims?
do the clerics learn anything related to the end of their quest in the first game?
is there a continuation of The Claws storyline that pretty much ends on a cliffhanger(iirc)?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Also how are jetpack upgrades balanced? Like being able to fly early would break the game

Harthwain

Magister
Also how are jetpack upgrades balanced? Like being able to fly early would break the game
If flying has short duration and there is some cost associated with it (refueling, for example), then I can see it working.

Or if jetpack allows you to reach more difficult areas/opens the game world, etc.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
If flying has short duration and there is some cost associated with it (refueling, for example), then I can see it working.

Or if jetpack allows you to reach more difficult areas/opens the game world, etc.
Iirc the jetpack fuel upgrade is the 100 pcs collectibles equivalent of elex 2, so i do can see it working.

I think it was from ACG or gronkh stream i forgot

Cunt Dickula!?

If this is actually something that you get late game after you searched like 90% of all points of interest, it would reward exploration better than the current system.

Best would be imo if they copied some of the characteristics of Dark Souls or Metroidvanias for exploration.

- Weapon upgrade ressources
- Armor upgrade ressources
- Health potions upgrade ressources
- Max health upgrade foodstuff
- Pure ELEX

All scattered around in points of interest and only buyable in very low numbers.
Lore wise it would be stronger old world tech like in WH 40k.

Also interesting would be to bring back the legendary item system from Risen 2 and 3 but without quest markers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't even played the original yet because I was scared off by reports here about the glacial pace the game has until you actually start to feel like less than a wimptard and more like a he-man of the RPG world.

My favorite part of PB games is the hobo phase where everything can kill you if you're not careful.

Zlaja

Arcane
I waited very long with joining a faction

Do you people who have a hard time commiting to a faction in games also have this problem when dealing with commitment in real life? If you ever get married and the priest asks you "do you wish to take this woman/tranny as your wife", would you go like "do I have to answer this right now?".

How's the air combat?

Probably, dogshit.

Cunt Dickula!?

Another stream.
At 27:40 he skips through the non-faction skills. :argh:
At 28:30 he shows the descriptions of the faction skills.
(accompanied by his annoying kid, cause apparently multi millionaires seem to lack the means to have their kids entertained while they "work")

Seems like Berserkers are Fire Mages and Albs are Water Mages now all of a sudden.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dodo1610

Arcane
Great Germany's biggest Let's player is the voice a full companion, at least most games only give pseudo-celebrities minor roles but no Elex 2 has unprecedented decline.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
I watched half of c4g stream, it does look much better than the early august/july streams. Also a fan of the channel since elex 1 was released and this guy is a long time gothic nerd

Cunt Dickula!?

The dude said that both clerics and outlaws are now minor factions in the games.

You can already see that they get less skills than other factions.
The cleric camp is a lot smaller than other camps coming from the size on the map.
Outlaw camp is big but could also be just empty.

So effectively we don't really have 5 kinda equal camps. We get 3 real camps and 2 minor camps that got neglected.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom