Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Email addresses

Vandal

Novice
So... Proverbius, Dweller... I'm trying to send you guys an email to see if you're coming to E3... so you can check out The Witcher, if you're interested. Unfortunately, the emails keep bouncing. Let me know ASAP. Shoot me a PM. T

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I killed my emal long time ago, I get 500 spam emails for every normal message. As they in the spy movies, it's been compromised. The best way to reach me is via PM.

As for the question, E3 isn't my cup of tea, and it's a long trip from Toronto.

Vandal

Novice
Vault Dweller said:
I killed my emal long time ago, I get 500 spam emails for every normal message. As they in the spy movies, it's been compromised. The best way to reach me is via PM.

I'm in Edmonton; that doesn't stop me :P

Atrokkus

Erudite
I killed my emal long time ago, I get 500 spam emails for every normal message. As they in the spy movies, it's been compromised.
Speaking of emails and spam, I'm using my Yandex.ru email and it's totally spam-free, though my address has been displayed in many places in the web (it's pretty old now). The thing is that Yandex has a very good antispam system, which filters the incoming mail, separating spam from various mailing list services and the "good" mail. Works very well, trust me. Too bad it doesn't have English interface...

Using google, too. Very nice engine, but I'm not yet aware of its anti-spam capabilities -- I rarely exposed the address anywhere. But I wager it's quite decent. Should be, at least.

Anyways, if you want an invitation, give me a call.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
My hotmail account doesn't get any spam and I've had the thing for like 5 or 6 years. My yahoo account, the one I use for real-life stuff, on the other hand, gets tons of spam.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
That's funny... considering the amount of Russian spam being sent out everywhere outside ol' USSR, I guess they leave their own at peace.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I'd be interested, but my job's been kicking my ass time wise lately and I'm in the process of moving. Oh yeah, and I need to renew my car's license.

Tal's right about the Russian spam emails. As much as I love you Russians, I'd fully support kicking your country off the internet at this point. I just recently killed my email account on this site as well because I was getting around 500 a day.

sheek

Arbiter
Vault Dweller said:

Get a few mail forwarding addresses (like bigfoot.com) and use them for everything except your personal business and trusted friends. Then when the spam gets too much from one forwarding address delete the account and create a new one.

I find that's the easiest way to deal with spam.

http://www.bigfoot.com/ef/en/infopage.j ... ng.default

Atrokkus

Erudite
rywhere outside ol' USSR, I guess they leave their own at peace.
Nah, you're wrong. Lots of spam. You see, the thing is that it's not the servers that don't get spam, it's me not reading it. So, the spam is there, and A LOT of it. But it's just separated instantly upon arrival, and dumped into the "spam" folder, leaving the subscriptions and "true" mail in other respective folders.

obediah

Erudite
The best solution I've seen so far is to run your own machine and mail-server. Then you can just give every person and organization you deal with their own e-mail address to use.

rpgcodex@mymachine.*
auntbill@mymachine.*

Then when spam starts coming through, you know exactly whose balls to nail to the wall, and you can just block that alias.

Atrokkus

Erudite
whose balls to nail to the wall, and you can just block that alias.
Sometimes it even comes to that... But mostly it's just a threat.
Though I remember seeing a russian video where a couple of guys beat a spammer, very vigorously. I hate all of em, both the beaters and the beaten, but that illustrates the point that dumb people are not very safe even in the net.

Oh, and there was this spammer in Fallout... poor sob.

Spazmo

Erudite
Our solution to spam is to use secret email addresses we don't tell anyone about.

As for E3... well, if someone's willing to pay my airfare and hotel for three or four days, sure, I'll go.

No? Well, geez, way to put down the independent press.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
metallix said:
Using google, too. Very nice engine, but I'm not yet aware of its anti-spam capabilities -- I rarely exposed the address anywhere. But I wager it's quite decent. Should be, at least.

Anyways, if you want an invitation, give me a call.
I've been using gmail for a long time, and got maybe 5 spam email over the last year. Of course, the fact that it's an unadvertised account helps too.

Vandal said:
I'm in Edmonton; that doesn't stop me
What can I say? You are a true pioneer and an example to us all!

Twinfalls

Erudite
e3, schmee3.

What you really want to go to is the GDC

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom