Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Empire: Time of Troubles - New TBS from Lesta

Jason

chasing a bee
<strong>[ Announcement ]</strong>

<p>1C and Lesta have announced a new turn-based strategy title, <strong><a href="http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/empire-time-of-troubles" target="_blank">Empire: Time of Troubles</a></strong>.</p><blockquote><p>Empire is a turn-based, historical strategy game which covers the events of 1350-1650 taking place in Russia, Poland and the Great Lithuanian Princedom. Players will find themselves in a large-scale campaign commanding one of 26 warring factions. By controlling a hero character, and improving their skills in battle, the player can win wars and rule their state any way they wish.

Empire: Time of Troubles allows players to have a well thought-out and historically accurate system of building and assigning labor forces in cities, a large selection of scenario based and random missions, an expansive and realistic technology tree, more than 150 types of military units and beautiful graphics and animations which bring the war to life.
</p></blockquote><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blues News</a></p>

Yeesh

Magister
The screenshots left me with the following question: Is there some kind of combat? So I watched the trailer, and the answer seems to be: It's like playing a Total War game and auto-resolving all the battles. But I could be wrong.

DaViLLaN

Augur
Looks a bit like how I assumed Knights of Honor 2 would look, but ditto to Yeesh on the combat aspect. If it doesn't have it, then this will turn out to be just like a Europa Universalis clone. Ghey.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
This game looks extremely promising. One particularly interesting feature is the detailed Eastern European Theatre. In theory this should be much better than the usual global abstraction a la TW, where whole nations like France or Germany consist of three or four generic provinces.

Combat autoresolve is imo the best system for historic strategy games of this scope. I hate games that pretend to be realistic and then force me to play battles in some gamey arcade mode.

DaViLLaN said:
Looks a bit like how I assumed Knights of Honor 2 would look, but ditto to Yeesh on the combat aspect. If it doesn't have it, then this will turn out to be just like a Europa Universalis clone. Ghey.

How can a TB game be a EU clone?

P.S. It's made by the developer that made Pacific Storm that doesn't bode well.

kris

Arcane
Sweden seems to be included, guess I have to buy it. ;)

Hard to see though how the game will play.

mondblut

Arcane
Absolute G. indeed mentions the battles are to be autoresolved.

Looks somewhat promising. I always appreciate a game where I kick the fucking muscovites back to the tartarian steppes they belong, and keep Ingermanland an European land.

Edit: hm, and according to the game website, it is pausable RT, not TB. So it looks massively like an EU clone gameplay-wise. Still could be fun though.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Empire: Time of Troubles is a turn-based, historical strategy game which covers the events of 1350-1650 taking place in Russia, Poland and the Great Lithuanian Princedom.

Reeks of misinformation, or just plain incompetence. Maybe someone with better, younger eyes than mine can look out if there is a End Turn button?

DaViLLaN

Augur
Here, maybe we can all try to figure out these buttons together, like happy bonding fun time

3801_Empire_02.jpg

DaViLLaN

Augur
I'm guessing there is

(From Left to Right top row)
Patrol / Guard / Attack
(From Left to Right middle row)
Buildings / Units / some sort of giant hand about to crush a peasant
Then 3rd row is nothing then 2 knights facing each other, then the 2 knights looking away from each other in disgust after a lovers quarrel.

I'm clueless

kris

Arcane
DaViLLaN said:
some sort of giant hand about to crush a peasant
Then 3rd row is nothing then 2 knights facing each other, then the 2 knights looking away from each other in disgust after a lovers quarrel.

I'm clueless

Giant hand = taxes.
knights is merge and split armies.

Just guessing though.

Lyesmith

Liturgist
From the looks of buttons right to the date, it's RT.
Pause/Normal speed/High speed

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom