Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Emulation central - recommendations in 1st post

spekkio

Arcane
^
Still won't boot for me [E].

:(

But!

d2683ju.jpg

TTWPD4T.jpg

ur4V1ZY.jpg

:desu:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I suspect that citra needs some firmware data which no pirate has been obliging enough to dump yet. Something about fonts.

I'm getting triggered by the .ecm situation.
Pcsxr has compressed file and .ecm support at the same time (needs using simulated bios), but it's emulation tends to hang when changing discs (obvious race condition in shitty software gets triggered by timing differences in .ecm iso reading).
Epsxe has support for .ecm and can change discs just fine even with original bios. But its plugins are ancient, which means they're still using OSS on linux, which was deprecated. The only way to have sound is a compatibility layer that introduces unacceptable crackling.
Mednafen is outright refusing to implement .ecm or 7z/zip iso reading, probably because the authors don't care.

Triggered as fuck.

Last edited:

OracleX

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
edit: got epsxe using eternal spu (from 2003 :lol: ) by installing a ancient as fuck libstdc++ package and creating a symlink to libsdl. This is the only plugin with a SDL output, which is using pulse underneath so it works... 'ok'. Pity epsxe won't work with 7z.

Why not compress to pbp files?

Perkel

Arcane
I suspect that citra needs some firmware data which no pirate has been obliging enough to dump yet. Something about fonts.

Cintra is simply in early stages. Hell it is even weird it can already play some fully working titles.
Just half a year ago it was success if game even loaded up from what i saw on reddit.

Xenia though dude is on other hand fucking godlike wizard and his progress is amazing.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
edit: got epsxe using eternal spu (from 2003 :lol: ) by installing a ancient as fuck libstdc++ package and creating a symlink to libsdl. This is the only plugin with a SDL output, which is using pulse underneath so it works... 'ok'. Pity epsxe won't work with 7z.

Why not compress to pbp files?
PBP situation is even worse: in pcsxr and epsxe linux it simply always selects the first disc in a multidisc pbp because the linux ui wasn't updated (they use a popup to choose the disc in windows because it was obviously a quick hack work).

And even if theoretically multidisc over a single file could give better compression - if it was solid anyway, which you don't want - in practice .ecm + single file compression on top beats pbp even for multidiscs with the annoyance that you have multiple files per game - which is not much of one* - because ecm removes bytes which compressors can't recognize as useless because they're psx-only 'useless', which is probably the reason why 7z doesn't do it transparently for isos/bins or something.

Ideally a ninja would add a feature to 7z or zip or something to recognize psx cds from normal iso/bin and then use ecm compression transparently so that emulators don't bitch about having to implement it and only get the inputstream out of 7z.dll without having to care about the ugly reality behind it.

*because there is no way to autochange disc since the psx bios and the psx games programmers hated std io interfaces - this is also the reason for the bug. PSX programmers just asked the user to change disc, waited on a close cd-drive interrupt, which they apparently can miss and wait forever :lol: - and pcsxr is a pile of timing hacks which doesn't help obviously - and read the new cd whatever files and complain if it's not what they expected (instead of providing a cd id code to check to a bios function since all psx cds have a mandatory ID in a standard location... future proofing? What's that :roll:).

Last edited:

Tehdagah

Arcane
My Nintendo DS emulator (DeSmuME_0.9.11_x86) runs 3D games perfectly but 2D games are struggling a bit with frame drops.

This is weird and I need help.

flyingjohn

Arcane
My Nintendo DS emulator (DeSmuME_0.9.11_x86) runs 3D games perfectly but 2D games are struggling a bit with frame drops.

This is weird and I need help.
Try switching your renderer,disabling filters and anti aliasing if you are using them,and enable dynamic re compiler in emulation settings.
If any of these options work for you start hunting down which one helps and which one is useless.

spekkio

Arcane
disabling filters and anti aliasing
Is it even included in regular desmume?

I would suggest checking Retroarch-desmume core first, since it has better A/V sync than regular desmume anyway... :roll:

flyingjohn

Arcane
disabling filters and anti aliasing
Is it even included in regular desmume?

I would suggest checking Retroarch-desmume core first, since it has better A/V sync than regular desmume anyway... :roll:
Regular demsume has anti aliasing options in the 3d settings and in the view menu you get the options of filters.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I think we'll end up with some kind of hybrid approach. Can a graphics already run a jit in a shade :lol:

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS MY RANDOM MAME MACHINE UPDATE

BOUGHT A 27 INCH MONITOR LOLLOLLOL AWESOME ONE STEP CLOSER

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fun fact for any people that think of SKY3DS (flashcard) for 3DS in meantime when good people work on Citra - Nintendo start setting up antipiracy (even for LEGIT roms that you can dump on this card, with your own headers and it is preety legal) thing that blocked like... two japanese games now?

Well, butthurt it cause, is fucking epic. Gateway users went apeshit for people with SKY3DS, Sky team don't respond for it now and preety much everyone shit themselfs that soon big N will block flashcards.

And in meantime I drink cold beer, read about Citra progress and smile becouse like in 2-3 next years we may just play 3DS games on our PCs, 'dex friends. :smug:

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
It is something with cartridge. Gateway fixed it already, but SKY3DS will need update... and probably new card will be maked soon. (Yeah, I get SKY becouse my firmware is above 9.2 and it is problem. Anyway, I still have access to best 3DS games and I'm happy with it. I also use PS2, Dreamcast, Nintendo64 and some other emulators on PC and use my PSP to emulate GBA and PSX on it + DS emu on andrioid)

deuxhero

Arcane
That's what I wound up using after a recomendation elsewhere, but searching for emulation stuff is a hell of outdated results that contradict eachother (the first three results for "SNES emulator" are lists, the fourth and first emulator is the massively out of date zsnes), so asking is normally a good idea.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom