Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Today we’re going to talk about a treasured feature of the traditional RPGs: the random encounter! How many of them are there, how do they work, and how can players influence these events? We’ll also talk about Easter eggs and unique rewards!

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Combat looks promising indeed. To codexers who've played the EA: how's the writing quality?

JDR13

Arcane
Combat looks promising indeed. To codexers who've played the EA: how's the writing quality?

Writing quality didn't seem bad, but I didn't play very far because I wanted to wait until it's out of EA. The game in general seems to have a ton of potential.

Jinn

Arcane
I don't ruin my first experience with games for myself by playing them in an unfinished state, particularly ones that look as good as this. I haven't bought it yet, but once there is a clear release date announced for v1.0, I'll be buying it in Early Access to support.

You only get to play a game for the first time once, and I think many codexers would rather not ruin it by paying to be an alpha/beta tester.

Murk

Arcane
I don't ruin my first experience with games for myself by playing them in an unfinished state, particularly ones that look as good as this. I haven't bought it yet, but once there is a clear release date announce for v1.0, I'll be buying it in Early Access to support.

You only get to play a game for the first time once, and I think many codexers would rather not ruin it by paying to be an alpha/beta tester.

Same here -- there are multiple games I actively look forward to but do not want to play before it reaches a finished state, especially since for many indie projects even a "finished" state is often times lacking in content.

Stoneshard is one that comes to mind that I simply don't want to slake myself on it before it's completed, despite actively looking forward to it since the first demo was released.

Geckabor

Savant
Same here, but I am a bit surprised by how the game isn't being discussed all that much even though it sort of reminds me of ATOM. I guess having an active developer post here helps a lot.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Honestly this looks better than ATOM. I want to drop whatever I'm doing and play it as soon as it hits 1.0.

Honestly this looks better than ATOM. I want to drop whatever I'm doing and play it as soon as it hits 1.0.
agree. It looks really good. I have not bought it because like it says they have only finished 30% of it and are still changing encounters in the beginning of the game. I don't want to ruin my first experience with it and I also just don't have endless time to play a game over and over again, although I might like to. I certainly will buy the game when it releases.

Codex Year of the Donut
Five years ago, Codexers would have totally binged on this sort of game in Early Access the same way they did Underrail, Age of Decadence, etc. Now it's being ignored. Sad!
Underrail is combat oriented, this feels more story oriented. Story-focused games make for meh early access titles.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Five years ago, Codexers would have totally binged on this sort of game in Early Access the same way they did Underrail, Age of Decadence, etc. Now it's being ignored. Sad!

We're not ignoring it. I already bought it on EA, but I kind of don't wanna spoil myself as others have said. The game does looks great, and hopefully shapes up in the coming time.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Same here, but I am a bit surprised by how the game isn't being discussed all that much even though it sort of reminds me of ATOM. I guess having an active developer post here helps a lot.
Not much to be discussed really,it hasn't come out yet. The same is with Solasta: Crown of the Magister. I am very interested in those two games,but there is nothing to be discussed really. Once they come out,i will be happy to do it tho :).

Ahhh i don't know about that,they are very different kind of games. Also ATOM is finished,and that is a huge plus :).

Underrail is combat oriented
As a story fag i disagree :). Underrail does have a lot of exploration and interesting story. Never really cared about the combat that much,just make an assault build and dominate.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I tried the new prologue this weekend. Kinda bummed they cut it down to a single map, but at least you start faster now.

CRONUS Employee

Dark Crystal Games
Developer
Is that picture in the video at 1:16 based on Swen(Larian) ?
Yep, he one of our Kickstarter backers. We also have these guys. Recognize them?
7a717c7b4ed73b46fd9a321ad5009017.png
01ec0c03f1cb383e2433e0bbda3c5c5a.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom