Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

Codex Year of the Donut
https://steamcommunity.com/games/921800/announcements/detail/3278000488970304267
The day has finally come! Massive update under the Dome!
CRONUS WEEKLY
1a50cdbb94143b138856d6407a55d8979d4a0b34.gif

Greetings, employees!

If you've been postponing your trip under the Dome for a long time, then now is the time! Over the past week, the world has changed a lot. All thanks to the dedicated work of the staff of each wing. New settlers can expect new jobs and areas for exploration, the most technologically advanced equipment and facilities like no other in the world.

Station Overhauls

54485573942959425c0e623f44f3e4b169105e76.jpg

In the latest issue of the newsletter, we announced a change in the management of the Concord Station. It's time to see how the station has changed with the new management.

We can't believe how the station has transformed in a couple of days. Newly opened facilities, flooded with new lamps, created additional jobs. The quality of equipment was increased, and modern machines have replaced the old ones. New designer furniture in the recreation areas is so nice, we want to take hundreds of photos on it to send to loved ones outside the Dome! Be sure to visit the Concord again to see how good the station has become.

But that's no reason to stop here. What matters to C.R.O.N.U.S. is taking care of its employees. Remember, the future of the Dome and all humanity is in our hands. Send your feedback and wishes to us, no letter will be ignored, you can be sure about that.

New enemies in the wastelands

7ea9d8bd0bb20ade4f0844754dc4de1c01832235.png

Absolutely legal and safe experiments on the Dome animals resulted in a breakthrough in the protection of strategically important objects. Modified cyber-hyenas were 10 times better than human counterparts in conducted tests. Needless to say, it will significantly reduce security costs. Saved money will be distributed somewhere else to the benefit of employees.

*Some specimens managed to escape and leave the test site. Be careful during your research. Cyber Hyenas are equipped with the most powerful weapons and are very deadly.

Press tours under the Dome

962aeda0fea7b1dd3ae27b6369c17fd2e6ced570.jpg

We are confident that the discoveries made under the Dome will change the future of humanity forever. Therefore, we invite journalists and observers from all over the world to visit us. Having contacted our press services you can make an application for a free trip to wastelands, modern settlements, scientific objects and other possessions of the corporation. Remember, you will never want to leave the Dome!

Encased community is the most important for us - we are going to follow up those closely for your feedback on the game.

Encased: A Sci-Fi Post-Apocalyptic RPG

Sep 26, 2019
Encased is a tribute to “Roadside Picnic” and the original Fallout games. Fight enemies, explore anomalous wasteland, level up your character, join one of the forces in the ruined world in this new apocalyptic turn-based RPG.
Early Access
RPG
Adventure
Strategy
Turn-Based Combat
$29.99
Add to Cart
Add to your Wishlist

Please Wishlist and click Follow to stay updated!

The game is still in the development so if you want to stay in touch on other channels than Steam you can follow us on social media and visit other cool resources with game updates information new artworks and lore pieces.

Encased: A Sci-Fi Post-Apocalyptic RPG

lwCheckPoint
Character Generator - create a character that may appear in the game as NPC and get the cool story item.
chat
Official Discord Server
checklist
Newsletter
checklist
Twitter (game updates)
checklist
Facebook (game updates)
checklist
Youtube (trailers, livestreams and dev diaries)
checklist
VK (game updates in russian)
checklist
Instagram (art and stories)

Dark Crystal Games

RideCheck
Dark Crystal Games dev page on Steam
RideCheck
Press Center (presskit and publications)
RideCheck
Dark Crystal Games (news and jobs)
RideCheck
Artstation (art production and stories)

Black Tower Publishing
tower
Black Tower Publishing on Steam
tower
Black Tower's Blog

Last edited by a moderator:

ironmask

Arbiter
I wonder why no big youtubers are talking about this. You would think someone like Mr.Matty or Fudgemuppet would make one video on Encased for clicks. Even Atom RPG got a little more attention then this when it was still on kickstarter.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://turnbasedlovers.com/10-turns-interview/with-encased-developers/

10 Turns Interview with Encased Developers

Interview.png

“You realize that our mistrust of the future makes it hard to give up the past.”
Chuck Palahniuk

When I was young (I mean really young!) the future for me was represented by just one date: the 2000 AD.
That was the date when everything would be changed forever. For me, but we can say also for every child of the 80s, that date was some kind of magic.
For everyone, after that date nothing would have been the same.

So, when I was 10 years old and just a bunch of little bones, imagining myself in the year 2000 was quite simple. The picture in my mind was clear: I was driving a flying car, through some kind of never-ending desert, almost bald – except an ugly tuft of hair on my head -, with cool sunglasses in which it was reflected a giant dome, just in front of me.
Yeah, because you need to know that during the 80s there were just two possible versions of the future: one corresponds exactly to what I described above, and the other one was somehow even grimmer (if you have ever seen Blade Runner or the great Escape from New York, you know exactly what I mean).

Since that date 20 years have passed, my car still doesn’t fly (except when I have one of my spectacular accident…) and my hair are still where they should be, but that idea of future still remains. It’s a little scary as only the future can be, but it’s fascinating at the same time.
Probably I may not live long enough to see a future like that but, at least, I will be able to try it playing Encased!

1st Turn ) Let’s start talking about the gameplay. How much freedom will have the player in order to complete the quests? For example, at the very beginning of the game, when you are stuck in the lift, I noticed that you can solve the problem in many ways. There will be the same degree of freedom throughout the entire game?

In our opinion, the player’s freedom is the most important aspect of a quality RPG. We strive to provide a real variability, which would be manifested not only in dialogue options but also in multiple ways to complete quests and overall NPC and world interactions. If a player wants to get an item, he can use force or cunning, buy or bargain. We don’t want to limit players even in obviously bad actions. For example, you can break a capsule on which you’re transported under the Dome. That way you’ll kill everyone inside and finish the game in 1 minute.

Each quest in the game can be completed in many ways, which is important for an RPG. It is often very difficult to predict the consequences of such decisions. Most significantly, in Encased, there is no right way to play through the game. Everything depends on the creativity of the player, his perseverance and interests.

ss_2fd2ffcd24e8e1bfc8859eb5ba054706411c7f23.1920x1080.jpg

2nd Turn) What can you tell us about the loot system? I saw that, wherever you are, the rooms are littered with lootable containers/chests/dustbins. At the beginning, this feature seems exciting but soon you realize that they don’t seem to contain anything really useful. Is this something you think to correct?

During Early Access, our loot system may look odd, but only at first glance. Its main task is to show players the important role that items will play in the future.

The game will have a huge number of interactable objects – they can be used, searched through, turned on, repaired and used for something specific.

It is very important that most of the story will take place in a world that survived the apocalypse. There are no useless items in it. People can build houses, create weapons and equipment from any garbage. This is what inspired our craft system. Makeshift grenades, fancy melee weapons, and armor, all of this can be made from seemingly useless garbage and fragments. Such items can be useful both at the beginning of the game and even at higher levels.

The most valuable items, though, will be in the most protected and inaccessible places, so you’ll have to look hard for them. A persistent player can find servo shell armor, energy batteries, and amazingly powerful weapons, but no one would leave such valuable items in a forgotten box in the middle of the desert, or…

ss_a5fc1ed28424841ff3747730c5bb696c7ca45803.1920x1080.jpg

3rd Turn) The game starts in a very big city, full of things to do and to see, but I read that many players have complained about the lack of action, that is to say: too many words and too little action. Is there any hope for the players who like to shoot rather than read?

The first patch has already changed this situation. In the past, to understand the plot, players had to read a lot of dialogues and notes about the foundations of the world and the story of Encased. After the update, everything has changed. Now the protagonist immediately gets to the heart of the story, perceiving the information as you go along. You train, shoot and get resources right away. You can even try to kill every living thing on the station. Players who like to use the “Run and gun” tactic will be able to do what they love. But the opportunity to explore the world around has not disappeared, it’ll let you dive deeper into the atmosphere and adventure setting.

4th Turn) In my opinion Encased offers a world so beautiful and detailed that it is really a pity to have a “timer” on the main quest (not only on this one, to be exact). Do you think to implement an option to disable it or is this a core feature of the game?

In Encased we try to create a living world that exists according to our own laws. Not everything here is subject to the will of the player. The timer works only in the first part of the adventure and counts down the time to “Incident”, the turning point of the story, which will divide the game world into before and after the apocalypse. The main character will not be able to influence it. So if a player just slept for two days at the base or decided to join the gang on the first working day, instead of doing the mission, then during the incident he was not in the right place and most likely died. As we have already said before, the consequences of your choices are very hard to predict.

But after the “Incident” the protagonist will get into the world that survived the apocalypse, where he will be able to study literally every corner, talk to all the characters, scan every bush and collect all valuable items. There will be no timer or other restrictions.

ss_5928752d900e7555be3a681bed57724a7795ea80.1920x1080.jpg

5th Turn) In the past years many indie developers tried to give birth to an unofficial sequel of Fallout 2 (we cannot consider Fallout 3 from Bethesda a REAL sequel). It comes to mind Underrail and Atom RPG (maybe the best so far), but I have to admit that Encased seems to have a nice and special touch who’s really able to bring the player back in time. So, in your opinion, what is the secret of Encased?

Of course, the original Fallout games are one of the main sources of inspiration for our whole team. We love these projects and inspired by many ideas from them. But we’re not creating a remake of a classic. Encased events take place in the original universe, where post-apocalypse is closely connected with science fiction. We strive to give players the same freedom the classic games gave, but we also remember that times are different today. The game will get modern technologies, graphics, and ideas that we learned from other projects that we love. Many mechanics were created from scratch, so they will give players a completely new experience. We bring new ideas and features to the project, but we’re also paying tribute to the classics. After all, everybody loves good references!

6th Turn) Ok, now let’s talk about the combat. Even in this alpha state, I liked very much the combat system, but I would like to know if there is the possibility to see in the future features like “taking cover”, “crouching”, “attack of opportunity” and overwatch in the game.

The combat system from the early versions of the game was just a sketch of what will be implemented in the final version. Even now, before the release of the second content patch, you can see how the combat system has evolved. There are skills that not only cause damage to the enemy but also can stun, make him run away in fear or confuse so that he will start shooting at his own comrades-in-arms. Misses in combat, can also end badly, for those who stood next to your target, because the bullets now fly not just in the chosen enemy, they have a certain trajectory.

In the future, we will add covers, as well as skills that can traumatize specific limbs, which will diversify the fight even more. There will also be anomalies in the game that affect the battles. They will bring variety to the combat and will seriously challenge player’s tactical thinking.

ss_7930599e05cb5db5d583d74802996c7a4764689b.1920x1080.jpg

7th Turn) What can you tell us about the survival aspects of Encased? How important they will be in the game?

Encased is primarily RPG, not survival. However, the action unfolds in a world that survived the apocalypse, which means the hero will have to survive and gather necessary resources. The character is alive, which means he has to eat and drink, weapons and armor tend to wear out, and the chaos and madness under the Dome only increase. Of course, we don’t plan to drive the player into a constant fight for survival, he must have time for the story and to study the environment. But for the world to remain realistic and self-consistent, the player will have to understand that the starving for three days character is very easy prey for the raiders. In addition, the character will be able to use the toilet, have a romantic relationship, drink and chat with companions. He’s even able to participate in bar fights. All of this should create an atmosphere of the living world and environment that everyone would like to interact with.

8th Turn) Usually when we talk about games who are inspired by the classic CRPGs, the players can expect very little help from the game in order to understand what they have to do (so forget features like exclamation point just above the npcs’ head, map marker and so on). So now I ask you: how merciful will be Encased in this regard?

In terms of complexity and hints for the players, we decided to find the middle ground. We don’t want to oversimplify quests to the point of constantly blinking markers on the screen, but we can’t leave an ordinary player without help. That’s why all dialogues related to the quests in the game, very thoroughly reveal the essence and stages of the task: the characters tell us what and how to do, where to get to, and what you can expect on the way. But that’s not all, the hero has PDA, which displays all records, quests to be completed, NPC descriptions and found notes. All of which will help you determine your nearest target. Hardcore players will be happy to know that we’ve also got several really hard side-quests.

ss_954a0f9c13af869f6.jpg

9th Turn) Ok, now a mandatory question for an indie cRPG: are you thinking to release modding tools for the game?

We really want to add mod support. However, it is a complex tool and we will need time and resources to prepare the editor for players and enthusiasts. During the Kickstarter campaign, mod support was one of our additional goals, but we could not achieve it. However, in the future everything may change and support for modifications might be released in one of the updates to the game.

10th Turn) Encased is now in early access and in a full development state. Can you tell us when do you think the game will be released?

We follow a rather strict development plan, it has room for maneuver, but the main stages are defined rather precisely. We are well aware of how much time it will take to develop, test and polish all the content and the mechanics.
Right now we can confidently say that players will be able to fully play through the story and explore the world under the mysterious Dome this year. To find out more, keep an eye out for updates, which we constantly publish on our social networks and on Steam.

ss_22e75b214f4f2861e.jpg

11th Bonus Turn) Before leaving you, just a bonus question. Which is the latest turn-based game you’ve played or still playing?

We really like Pathfinder Kingmaker! Kingdom management, nice graphics and a great story are very addicting. Considering that sequel is already in development, we were glad to support the guys from OwlCat Games in their Kickstarter campaign.

Thank you so much for the time you have dedicated to us! Obviously we will continue to follow your amazing project.
To stay up to date on Encased and the world of turn-based games, please subscribe to our newsletter or follow us on Twitter.
And remember you can already buy the game on Steam or on GOG.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
https://steamcommunity.com/games/921800/announcements/detail/2205018422376588170

Hotfix 3: fixing critical problems, main quest and much more
Version 0.17.428.1756
4cae98d16f58535fbf12935332dc252bfdc28661.jpg

We have released a new update for Encased. Version 0.17.428.1756 has many important bug fixes that include the critical ones for the playthrough.

We take this opportunity to thank you for your activity in social networks and on the Steam page. We read every comment and report, and try to take into account each opinion. Thank you for helping us to make Encased better!

List of changes:

Optimization

• Load time for locations has been significantly reduced,

Gameplay mechanics

• Weapon no longer loses durability. Weapons maintenance mechanics will be added at a later date.,
  • Zip lines in the suspicious cave and on the location with a bandit ambush has been changed.
  • Fixed levels and factions of many merchants,

Bugs and freezes

• Combat: Fixed freezes that occurred during enemy movement,
  • Fixed errors that led to unjustified NPC hostility on Magellan,
  • Fixed freezes while talking to Sam Bossman,
  • Fixed a bug where Russo didn't take an abnormal essence,
  • Fixed second experience gain in dialogue with Beatrice Catcher,
  • Fixed Barry Robins night behavior,
  • Fixed game freezes associated with some status effects,
  • Redesigned the mechanism of drawing the roofs of buildings, removed the bug in which the roof continued to be drawn when the player's character was under it,
  • Combat: Fixed aiming error,
  • Fixed freezes while loading a quick save during combat,
  • Fixed freezes while loading of Magellan laboratory floor,
  • Fixed freezes in the random encounter with robokids,
Location changes

• Magellan, lab floor: wounded Holiday now lying on a carriage,
  • Magellan, lab floor: fixed level passability,
  • Magellan, lab floor: recorder is now working correctly,
  • Magellan, warehouse: bug that allowed Holiday's servo shell to be worn has been fixed,
  • Magellan, Living floor: fixed level passability,
  • Magellan, Reception: fixed level passability,
  • Magellan, Administration: fixed level passability,
  • Magellan, reactor room: added social animation for Oranges,
  • Nashville, excavation area: fixed level passability,
  • Abandoned bunker: fixed level passability, the terminal is now available,
  • Roadside Picnic: fixed level passability, box on the cafe roof is now openable,
  • Roadside Picnic, basement: improved lighting,
  • Visual appearance of the "Destination point" location has been significantly improved,
  • Bottom of the observation deck: roof rendering has been fixed,
  • Concord station: Sebastian Van Alden now returns to his place once player completes briefing,
  • Roadside Picnic: characters Swallow and Rabinat Krishnaswamy got unique portraits,
  • Roadside Picnic: fixed turret placement,
  • Roadside Picnic: you can now find an enhanced version of the Kraut Pneumatic Nail Gun on the location,
  • Roadside Picnic: fixed ladder interaction,
  • Roadside Picnic: fixed level passability,
  • Junktown: fixed the reward for buried treasure,
  • Nashville, excavation area: added a minimap for the cave after the incident.,
  • Nashville, excavation area: fixed visual artifacts,
  • Magellan, Parking: Improved location appearance,
  • Arena: location fixed, old decorations removed, visual artifacts removed,
  • Cliff: Fixed freezes while going downhill,

Balance and items

• Items: fixed the description of attributes for armor-piercing pistol ammo,
  • Items: fixed issues with DLC items handout while talking to the storekeeper,
  • Items: weight of Airgun ammo corrected.,
  • Balance: fatigue removal with Energon has been fixed.,
  • Balance: Requirements for "Stuff with Lead" and "Igniting Shot" abilities have been fixed,
  • Balance: skills progression in the branch "Hand-to-hand combat" is fixed,
  • Fixed weight of many keys,

Interface

• UI: fixed the size of the slider in the settings while switching the language,
  • UI: locations that have been mapped on the Dome global map, but have not yet been studied, are now displayed in the list of locations in the global map interface,
  • Fixed display of the main menu on some graphics cards,
  • Fixed marker appearance of Magellan's parking lot and Roadside Picnic in Act 1,

Random Encounters

• Added illustrations to random encounters on Fuel Station,
  • Fixed exploits with endless experience and relict dust farm on "Relict Wall" location,

Dialogues, quests and localization

• Added checks in Akira's dialog after the completion of the "Imprinting" quest,
  • Fixed the bug with the magazine in the robot baby event,
  • Fixed Henrietta Russo's dialogue on the Emulator project location,
  • Requirements for the "technitian" skill in an event with an undertaker have been reduced,
  • Fixed Hill Spencer's dialogue,
  • Fixed dialogue with Krump in the bar,
  • Fixed Theresa's second greeting in the bar,
  • Fixed Rick McDougal's dialogue portrait,
  • Fixed dialogue with Audrey Melville,
  • Fixed Martin Kingsley's quests and dialogue in Act 1,
  • Fixed the portrait of the character in the dialogs on the Kaleidoscope location,
  • Fixed playback of prisoner dialogues in the suspicious cave,
  • Fixed a number of typos in English localization,
  • Fixed a typo in an abandoned bunker note,
  • Fixed the portrait in Tim Ginzburg's dialogue on the Nashville residential floor,
  • Fixed security guard dialogue on the Concord station while using turngate after talking to Kingsley.

Encased community is the most important for us - we are going to follow up those closely for your feedback on the game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/921800/

Please Wishlist and click Follow to stay updated!

The game is still in the development so if you want to stay in touch on other channels than Steam you can follow us on social media and visit other cool resources with game updates information new artworks and lore pieces.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
https://steamcommunity.com/games/921800/announcements/detail/2189257090758935407

Hotfix 4 - A lot of new fixes
3c4880a60f2d0d3eb0a4b144c55f3bbee7aca4b2.jpg

Hello everyone!

We updated the game to version 0.17.507.1553. Many of these bugfixes and suggestions for improvement came from your posts via the in-game suggestion button and forums. Thank you for your help.

Right now we’re preparing yet another portion of fixes, so stay tuned for more.
Fixes

• Added inventory filters;
  • Increased fog of war radius on many locations;
  • Stacks hold more items, they’ll take less space;
  • Fights end with a two turn timer if an enemy can’t see the player;
  • Weakened rats in the basement of the gas station;
  • Reduced speed of the training holograms;
  • Added a bed in player’s room in Magellan;
  • Taylor Portman and Margarita Tkachenko now have more items to trade;
  • Fixed and opportunity to destroy an entry into Junktown collector;
  • Fixed visual artifacts on Magellan reactor floor;
  • Location of trader Taylor Portman: fixed problems with doors, access to objects, lying on the bed, etc;
  • Removed Persuasion check in the dialogue with Fops in the location with robbed caravan while playing as low intellect character;
  • Improved clarity of the tooltips while pointing at abilities that require objects to be applied;
  • Fixed hatch visual appearance on the Magellan elevator location;
  • Fixed an ability to put money on the Rocker rat if he was excluded from the race;
  • Fixed slots that were occupied by “Panacea” relic;
  • Defeated characters on Emulator level no longer have equipment;
  • Finalized the “Mirror” random encounter;
  • Fixed Kraut pneumatic punch if you didn’t have enough gas charges;
  • Fixed thermal protection bonus of "Volunteer" boots;
  • Fixed the reactor room radiation poster;
  • Fixed portraits of Black Wing characters in Junktown bar;
  • Finalized plot in a dialogue with John Kepler;
  • Added a loading screen for “Sonora” bunker;
  • Dialogue with Dustin Grumman was rewritten;
  • Added a bed in Junktown rented house;
  • Fixed display of multiplying modifiers in tooltips;
  • Fixed the text of the passed time message;
  • Fixed opportunity to report the fate of a Black Wing employee in a dialogue with Kingsley;
  • Fixed the dialogue logic with the surveillance system in Nashville;
  • Foxed Orange portrait on Magellan's residential floor;
  • Replaced items in a janitor cart in Nashville;
  • Fixed a typo in the dialogue with Dead Man;
  • Appearance of Petra Villard has been changed;
  • Fixed display of status from dark beer;
  • Fixed display of Roy Oldy dialogues;
  • Fixed typos in the beggar dialogue;
  • Fixed text transfers in weapon tooltips;
  • Fixed control panel template on Emulator location;
  • Updated mini map of -3 floor of Magellan;
  • Fixed screens on -3 floor of Magellan;
  • Fixed an ability to give brass knuckles to companions;
  • Fixed the plug-ins in the dialogue with the panel in the reactor room;
  • Fixed the routes of the characters during the "Storm" event at the landing site;
  • Fixed texture mapping on the Drakonov’s light machine gun;
  • Fixed "First Aid" tooltip;
  • Fixed the name of the Campbell bunker in a dialogue with Kingsley;
  • Fixed the using of theft on rats;
  • Fixed the vacuum cleaner on the Magellan reactor floor;
  • Fixed a short combat start when receiving damage from a cut;
  • Fixed a typo in Krump's dialogue;
  • Fixed relict case on Emulator location;
  • Fixed cutting glove display;
  • Fixed Magellan's floor numbering;
  • Fixed asphalt texture on Nashville;
  • Fixed dummy name on the location with machine;
  • Fixed terminal position on Magellan;
  • Fixed the servo armor stuck-in when it was removed;
  • Added progression system of the sold equipment for the McPherson;
  • Fixed bugs while getting points from Santiago;
  • Fixed game grid behind the Junktown bar;
  • Fixed Yoko's reaction to a broken bunker door;
  • Fixed the name of the exit from the cave below Nashville;
  • Fixed templates of some items at the filling station in the first act;
  • Fixed hotkeys in the help window;
  • Fixed recording of consumption of medicines and other items in character statistics;
  • Fixed an invisible relic in Magellan's eco zone;
  • Added a mini-map for the basement of refueling station;
  • Fixed a dialogue freeze with Katarzyna;
  • Fixed journal update while handing Henrietta Russo anomalous essence.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
What? Were there any other competitors at all?
Like, and the competitors are! Encased! and... errrrrrrrrrrrrr...
OK, prize goes to Encased.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Wrath of Righteous, Atom:Trudograd and Encased. All three projects in early access and all three very promising. And all three MADE IN: RUSSIA

Tone down your selfhatred. All urban Slavs love to selfhate like little blind bitches. True in Serbia, true in Russia, true in Poland. Makes me sick, tbh

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/921800/announcements/detail/2189258357688217261

Hotfix 5: balance issues, typos, quests and more

94c49fbb84e969d8d94a214cd0e03dda30846d77.jpg

We continue to work on our mistakes tirelessly: in this version, a bunch of uncritical, but annoying little things have been fixed.

Join the bug tests and send us your reports to make Encased even better.

Patch list

Game mechanics
  • “Bandaging” ability and the objects “bandage” and “bandage from rags” has been fixed;
  • “Steam blow” status has been fixed;
  • Trading with the character Match fixed;

Sound
  • Sound bug when MOBIOS appeared in the grotto fixed;
  • Door punching sound fixed;

Balance and items
  • A small rebalance of resistance to various types of damage was made, defence class of protection and dodge of most creatures;
  • The attributes of the Arena characters are rebalanced;
  • The description of the Triskel relic before and after the scan has been fixed;
  • The description of the Brass Apple relic before and after the scan has been fixed;
  • Broken grenades after buying them from merchants fixed;
  • The pistol template next to the excavations in the Barrens location fixed;
  • Margarita Tkachenko’s items changed;
  • Defibrillators added to merchants’ shops;
  • Improved sorting of items in inventory;

Dialogues quests, localization
  • Repeated dialogue options with the Orange Wing informant have been removed;
  • The dialogue with Henrietta Russo fixed;
  • The dialogue of the Roadside Picnic event has been fixed;
  • Typos in the dialogue with Clara Morgan fixed;
  • Magellan Stand By quest completion issue fixed;
  • In the Name of Science quest at Magellan lab floor fixed;
  • Dead insect vignette at Magellan fixed;
  • Interaction with the corpse in the “Family Values” quest fixed;
  • Phalanx representatives dialogue typo in the Sonora bunker fixed;
  • Game of bolts dialogue fixed;
  • Dialogue with the Oranges at the 2nd floor of Magellan fixed;
  • Portrait of Kurt Wittmann fixed;
  • The ability to report sabotage without evidence fixed;
  • Loss of partners in the Mirror vignette fixed;
  • Straight to the Punishment Cell quest and the combat behavior of Ida Grace during the conflict with the Oranges fixed;
  • Straight to the Punishment Cell: the beginning of the combat collision when choosing some solution options fixed;
  • Straight to the Punishment Cell combat situation issue when the player escapes from the battle fixed;
  • Typos in the Mirror vignette fixed;
  • The possibility of endlessly gaining experience in a dialogue with an elevator at Nashville fixed;

Interface
  • Verification of ability requirements when studying perks fixed;
  • Display of negative status modifiers fixed;
  • The effect of applying bandages fixed;
  • Minimaps of some locations fixed;

Corrections on locations
  • The decorum on the -1 floor of Nashville fixed;
  • Highlighting of non-existent items on Magellan fixed;
  • Shootout Site encounter improved;
  • Improved characters in the event "Machine in the desert";
  • The dummy in Car in the Desert encounter fixed;
  • Position of objects in the camp at Car in the Desert location fixed;
  • The name of the librarian at Magellan fixed;
  • Access to objects in the gas station basement fixed;
  • Access to some items through the walls at the Concord station fixed;
  • Access to some objects at Project Emulator location fixed;
  • Entrance to the sewers at Roadside Picnic location fixed;
  • The appearance of traders in random encounters fixed;
  • Access to some items in Junktown fixed;
  • The security level of some merchants fixed;
  • Barrens location encounter improved;
  • Stack of leaflets in residential areas of Magellan fixed;
  • The use of stairs at Barrens location fixed;
  • Yoko’s behavior when opening a door in the Sonora bunker fixed;
  • The death of the player’s character when appearing in the Unknown Place with maximum fatigue fixed.

Jinn

Arcane
Judging from what I've seen in some recent basic research on the game, it would be very surprising if a good, competent, complete game was released by September. Sounds and looks like it needs a fair amount more work and polish unfortunately. Here's hoping they take their time and release a new classic.

It's regrettably why I haven't bought into the early access yet: apparent overly ambitious release targets with not enough solid to show at this point. I don't want them to run out of money and feel bad they haven't received more attention, but I simply won't allow myself to get burnt by another early access title. Now if they release this and it is excellent, I wouldn't hesitate in the least to back future games right out of the gate, but I need that foundation of trust at this point.

Last edited:

Drowed

Arcane
The updates to where I've played so far are ok, and they've actually added things that have expanded the game considerably in certain areas. Having said that, the volume of content is still relatively sparse, and the developers did decide to invest time (and therefore, money) in things that are fun but expendable - such as dialogues for characters with low intelligence. It's definitely cool, but I would much prefer them to invest that effort in more dialogs with other characters, new NPCs or more ways to complete certain quests.

A full game in September is literally impossible, at least if you want an appropriate density of content. Hell, I'd say even if it were in the early months of 2021 it would still be an optimistic prediction.

I'd say the base is there, the game feels good to play and it has a very authentic style of its own with a curious setting. But it lacks more content, especially since it's the beginning of the game. (If it seems little now, imagine later?) The central idea of the story sounds interesting, but you seem to be tossed in the middle of it all with a basic explanation that doesn't cover 50% of the things you should know about it. Which is perhaps a way for them to keep some "mystery" about the events, but it makes your character look like an idiot who asks obvious questions about things that someone in his position certainly should know. Besides, some of the dialogues sound a little strange, but I can't put my finger on it. I imagine native English speakers may notice something strange in the translation.

I'd say the game has a lot of potential now, but that's it. What it will become will depend on what the devs are going to do (or what they can do, with their time and money limitations) in the coming months. I'm really hoping the game will turn out good because it's aiming at all the right places, I just don't know if it will get it right.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Wow, game is so low profile and looks generic (terrible name) on surface I didnt realize it exists, or rather that its even wroth trying...
But turns out its Stalker in a Gothic prison dome. I am suddenly more interested in this than Colony Ship Rpg...

Here are 9 reasons why ENCASED > colony shit

SDkIkR7.png

U0qeGIB.png

Rotatable camera.
Wanna see behind a building? Just press a button.
No need to pixel hunt a clickable space behind a crate where your character can move..

No Retarded Cyan Glow eveyrwhere, and items that look great! UI with character!
VdbPqIn.png

No learn-by-doing shit, pick your skills how YOU want them

black tower > iron tower
H3ituWZ.png

Banal boring space ship with a wild west slant you have seen 1001 times
VS
mysterious Zone full of dangers and discoveries
So mysterious infact early access content has done something I have NOT expected to happen.
(i fear it might be the peak of the game...)

Better graphics! Day/night cycle even. And even better performance!
Not a black, metallic, lightless, monochrome, container ship - the game.

Fun exploits:
combat character!
ajcU54y.jpg

pickpocket so OP you steal a guys heavy machinegun
284VSzW.jpg

get 10 luck and convert 100 coins into 1000 xp :lol:
BVY4nLh.jpg

search a box through a wall
GypEohV.png

Yet so hardocre, steamtards already full of butthurt tears
> Picking white wing character means you are owned even by roaches, whaaaaaaa?
> Lazy level design - we don't want you in this area so we just spam it with anomalies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom