Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

Sykar

Arcane
Ok this is kinda weird even for a game like Encased. From the newest news update: https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/921800/view/2919985790006554846

Kid in every house

One of the main mysteries of the Dome is human infertility. The residents of the Dome simply can't have a child for yet unknown reasons. Scientists suggest many theories, but none have yet been confirmed. We are sure that no child has ever been born under the Dome. Besides, corporation rules prevent children from being transported under the Dome. There are no schools or kindergartens here.

Does this mean that family happiness under the Dome is impossible? Of course not! Blue Wing engineers have designed unique robots capable of imitating children and teenagers. The machines take on their desired appearance and live with their parents just like normal children. No teenage nihilism, difficulties of growing up and puberty, only pure joy of parenthood!

*The project is in its final testing phase. You must apply at your nearest Silver Wing department to participate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nevermore

Novice
I backed this game a long time ago but haven't played it yet. And I don't see that it has evolved into something really interesting.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ok this is kinda weird even for a game like Encased. From the newest news update: https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/921800/view/2919985790006554846

Kid in every house

One of the main mysteries of the Dome is human infertility. The residents of the Dome simply can't have a child for yet unknown reasons. Scientists suggest many theories, but none have yet been confirmed. We are sure that no child has ever been born under the Dome. Besides, corporation rules prevent children from being transported under the Dome. There are no schools or kindergartens here.

Does this mean that family happiness under the Dome is impossible? Of course not! Blue Wing engineers have designed unique robots capable of imitating children and teenagers. The machines take on their desired appearance and live with their parents just like normal children. No teenage nihilism, difficulties of growing up and puberty, only pure joy of parenthood!

*The project is in its final testing phase. You must apply at your nearest Silver Wing department to participate.
there was actually a quest in one part where this is mentioned. a scientist smuggling a robot child to play a partr of his daughter or something. also one of your possible companion is anime girl robot. kinda like jenny from "my life as a teenage robot"

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I guess that weird child robot thing is just an excuse for a companion

Afaik it's an excuse for paedophile bakground or something - I remmeebr one of the early screenshots was about robo-girl?and your char and probably your character being generated in court? where you could answer that you was sentenced for pedophilia.

pm_675

Arbiter
I was playing the game after nearly a year and is largely coming ok. I'm only playing the prologue to avoid spoiling to much and is impressive the amount of reactivity to backgrounds and skills.

Nevertheless, there is a lot of weird design choices, lack of polish in the systems and general jankiness. Like the fatigue system. Fuck it, it's barely explained what you have to do and how to reduce. Not that there are lot of ways to manage, lockpick a vending machine and you need like three days to reduce the gained fatigue. Wtf? Or the radiation sickness removal.

Nice game, but some systems are plain busywork and just unfun

Edit: And they need to rework the stealth, pickpocketing, lockpicking systems. It's just to easy and rewarding. The fatigue as currently implemented is not the solution

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah dude, it was like I said.
They probably scapped that shit with pedophily, but I'm absolutely sure I saw screenshot with it, and that your @ mke some evolutions around turned off robo-kid.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/921800/announcements/detail/5294509423350683907

Amazing inventions under the Dome
CRONUS WEEKLY

1a50cdbb94143b138856d6407a55d8979d4a0b34.gif

Dear subscribers, in this anniversary edition of the “CRONUS Weekly” we will present the outstanding inventions developed under the Dome. Thanks to technology left behind by an unknown civilisation, CRONUS is able to provide the entire world with innovative devices that will make our planet even better and safer.

Psi-Katana

16a1da7fc98322a0f1fc8deb2bdfa2c065db57fd.png

Psionics are one of the most amazing, and yet least understood, phenomena of the world under the Dome. Every day, the best scientists find new ways to use these abilities for the benefit of humanity. After careful research and long experiments, the Blue and White Wing experts managed to channel the mysterious energy into a melee weapon.

Thanks to them you can currently see the first Psi Katana. This is just the beginning. Imagine the potential!

“Shiroyama” energy pulse rifle

70dbd881ac5d94541690569abfc0355a89d76f1e.png

The rifle is a masterpiece of energy weapons. It was designed by the best engineers, using advanced military technology. It is unique in its power, both inside and outside the Dome. Mass production has been delayed for security reasons. It's currently the one-of-a-kind piece.

Jetpack

dd25069edf734b9b380b9620f6921e7997e74e84.png

One of Blue Wing engineers' most coveted inventions, coming to us from scientists' greatest fantasies. Every day, jetpacks help us make scientific discoveries and explore inaccessible terrain. The most valuable relics and artifacts are hidden in anomalous caves, crevices on steep mountains and underground labyrinths. Reaching them would simply be impossible without a jetpack.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Full VO is decline, but this means the game will probably be completed, not just "we ran out of money, ship it" like Stygian.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-school-isometic-turn-based-rpg/posts/3053936

Encased is joining Koch Media

1a357d983bbbb3ae6e20ecc105f68c34_original.png

From the very first day of development, Encased was a completely independent project, funded by our own money and the incredible support on Kickstarter. After receiving many offers we are fortunate enough to be able to cooperate with Koch Media. This partnership will secure the best possible publishing partner support from the whole Koch Media group while guaranteeing us the complete creative freedom to design the game we want and promised to you. We will put all our combined efforts behind the goal to make Encased a unique and truly amazing gaming experience on PlayStation 4, Xbox One as well as PC.

Koch Media will publish Encased within one of its labels. We will share more news on this subject at a later date. For now, the important information for you, our fans and backers is simply, we Dark Crystal Games will maintain full creative freedom and receive the necessary resources to make Encased even better, more interesting and friendly for players. The Koch Media family will support us not only with the group’s full publishing power but sharing insights on global development and releases.

Thanks to the support of Koch Media each character under the Dome will get its own voice — the game will get a full professional voice over, including the environment, dialogues and story inserts. We will be able to work even more carefully on each and every corner of the world, expand game mechanics and available game content. We will translate Encased into additional languages and the full version of Encased will be released simultaneously on PC and consoles! Unfortunately, we will need extra time to add all this to the game. But we are absolutely sure that the end result will not disappoint you.

Thank you to everyone who has supported us since the very first concept art. See you soon under the Dome!

AdolfSatan

Arcane
They'll blow the dough in nose candy and hire the cheapest guys they can find on fiverr. Not like I would do anything else, mind you.

Shame about the delay tho, was hoping to see this finished sometime soon.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Full VO? WTF! I usually like VO in games but this game didn't need full VO just adding some would have improved the game's atmosphere. And Full VO for a game like this means that they now have to sell a lot more copies to break even. At least the game gets the delay it needed.

Last edited:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
They'll blow the dough in nose candy and hire the cheapest guys they can find on fiverr. Not like I would do anything else, mind you.

Shame about the delay tho, was hoping to see this finished sometime soon.

I'd rather see them provide a complete product, than an unfinished mess. Hope the additional funds help. I can wait. Miles of backlog to go through.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Also patch coming soon: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/921800/view/5294509423353785541

Encased content patch #4 is coming on December 21st

eaf658fb027699064d6a4773c01f55af325ba602.jpg

Time for another great news. We are working tirelessly right now and will release the fourth Early Access update on Monday! We are sure you will like it, it will make the gameplay more interesting and convenient.

On December 21 prepare to return to the updated world under the Dome, meet fresh heroes and take part in new adventures.

More details on the release day. See you soon under the Dome.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
They kept saying "Autumn release. We promise it's coming out later this year." and now they're rolling out a content patch 10 days before the year ends. It makes me think that content patch 4 was going to be the 1.0 release before they got extra funding.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I hope the guys know what they're doing. Getting a publisher sounds reasonable, but full VO idk why is everyone so keen to do this. First DE, now Encased. It costs a fortune, but does it increase the target audience? I doubt it.

ironmask

Arbiter
I really do hope this game is good and not just another disappointment. Now that fallout is dead, I need something else to fuel my Post apocalyptic RPG addiction. And full VA really does concern me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom