Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome - now on Early Access - coming September

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by LESS T_T, Feb 7, 2018.

1. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Heh, I didn't notice Deep Silver is publishing this now. https://www.gog.com/game/encased_a_...g?pp=cb4e5208b4cd87268b208e49452ed6e89a68e0b8

As far as Wayback Machine goes it was Black Tower until August, it was changed to Deep Silver by October. On Steam it's still Black Tower, but there are some private depots intended for Deep Silver.

Maybe they will funnel more funds into this (along with console releases).

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • decline decline x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    Ok this is kinda weird even for a game like Encased. From the newest news update: https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/921800/view/2919985790006554846

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2020
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. udm Arcane Patron

udm
    Nice. Reminds me of Spielberg's AI.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Nevermore Novice

Nevermore
    I backed this game a long time ago but haven't played it yet. And I don't see that it has evolved into something really interesting.

^ Top  
  5. cyborgboy95 Erudite

cyborgboy95
    I guess that weird child robot thing is just an excuse for a companion

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    there was actually a quest in one part where this is mentioned. a scientist smuggling a robot child to play a partr of his daughter or something. also one of your possible companion is anime girl robot. kinda like jenny from "my life as a teenage robot"

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Fenix Arcane Vatnik

Fenix
    Afaik it's an excuse for paedophile bakground or something - I remmeebr one of the early screenshots was about robo-girl?and your char and probably your character being generated in court? where you could answer that you was sentenced for pedophilia.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    • what? what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. pm_675 Learned

pm_675
    I was playing the game after nearly a year and is largely coming ok. I'm only playing the prologue to avoid spoiling to much and is impressive the amount of reactivity to backgrounds and skills.

Nevertheless, there is a lot of weird design choices, lack of polish in the systems and general jankiness. Like the fatigue system. Fuck it, it's barely explained what you have to do and how to reduce. Not that there are lot of ways to manage, lockpick a vending machine and you need like three days to reduce the gained fatigue. Wtf? Or the radiation sickness removal.

Nice game, but some systems are plain busywork and just unfun

Edit: And they need to rework the stealth, pickpocketing, lockpicking systems. It's just to easy and rewarding. The fatigue as currently implemented is not the solution

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Fenix Arcane Vatnik

Fenix
    Yeah dude, it was like I said.
    They probably scapped that shit with pedophily, but I'm absolutely sure I saw screenshot with it, and that your @ mke some evolutions around turned off robo-kid.

^ Top  
  10. kreight Guest

kreight
    I personalky do not believe in this particular developer and the game they are making. Not interested.

• Participation Award Participation Award x 5
    • Okily Dokily! Okily Dokily! x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/921800/announcements/detail/5294509423350683907

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Abu Antar Prestigious Gentleman Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • decline decline x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Butter Arcane

Butter
    Full VO is decline, but this means the game will probably be completed, not just "we ran out of money, ship it" like Stygian.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-school-isometic-turn-based-rpg/posts/3053936

• decline decline x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Iluvcheezcake Liturgist

Iluvcheezcake
    Tbh i consider this good news, the delay and more money might just mean they will finish the game

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. pm_675 Learned

pm_675
    Agree, but full voice acting concerns me. I fear they will blow all the new money in voice acting which is totally unnecessary.

• Agree Agree x 6
    ^ Top  
  17. Morii Savant

Morii
    Even worse, they will cut a large portion of the dialogues to reduce the cost of voice acting.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Despair Despair x 2
    • decline decline x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. AdolfSatan Magister

AdolfSatan
    They'll blow the dough in nose candy and hire the cheapest guys they can find on fiverr. Not like I would do anything else, mind you.

Shame about the delay tho, was hoping to see this finished sometime soon.

^ Top  
  19. Dodo1610 Magister

Dodo1610
    Full VO? WTF! I usually like VO in games but this game didn't need full VO just adding some would have improved the game's atmosphere. And Full VO for a game like this means that they now have to sell a lot more copies to break even. At least the game gets the delay it needed.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  20. Lord_Potato Arcane

Lord_Potato
    I'd rather see them provide a complete product, than an unfinished mess. Hope the additional funds help. I can wait. Miles of backlog to go through.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Morii Savant

Morii
    What happened to CadmusLabs? did he just vanished from Codex?

^ Top  
  22. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Also patch coming soon: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/921800/view/5294509423353785541

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Butter Arcane

Butter
    They kept saying "Autumn release. We promise it's coming out later this year." and now they're rolling out a content patch 10 days before the year ends. It makes me think that content patch 4 was going to be the 1.0 release before they got extra funding.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. StaticSpine Arcane Patron

StaticSpine
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I hope the guys know what they're doing. Getting a publisher sounds reasonable, but full VO idk why is everyone so keen to do this. First DE, now Encased. It costs a fortune, but does it increase the target audience? I doubt it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  25. Ol' Willy Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

Ol' Willy
    -complete product
    -Russian developer

Yeah, of course, after the rain at Thursday

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.