Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
After playing an early access game against my better judgement, I can say a few things.

#0 Good but far less enjoyable than some of the more luminous entries in the last decade because the engine is so shit.

#1 Unity is shit.

#2 the walk speed and generally experience of travel in this game makes Underrail look like sonic the hedgehog.

#3 God managing the companions is incredibly unfun.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
After playing an early access game against my better judgement, I can say a few things.

#0 Good but far less enjoyable than some of the more luminous entries in the last decade because the engine is so shit.

#1 Unity is shit.

#2 the walk speed and generally experience of travel in this game makes Underrail look like sonic the hedgehog.

The companion AI is just non existent and they get jn your way and shit, you cannot even use the healing pod for them and it's annoying shit that i assume will be patched in or i will just go solo

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Is it me, or did they fuck with the intro? didnt it used to have voice narration?

And some sounds n shit ingame seems to be very low or dampened.. anybody ahve that?

PrettyDeadman

#1 Unity is shit.

The fact that its a Unity game probably means you would be able to adjust the walking speed even without cheat engine.

Sykar

Arcane

#1 Unity is shit.

The companion AI is just non existent and they get jn your way and shit, you cannot even use the healing pod for them and it's annoying shit that i assume will be patched in or i will just go solo

Wait you do not have full control anymore? Did they change that because I am quite certain I had full control in an early build, I am just not playing anything more than the prologue to avoid too many spoilers for the full release.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet

#1 Unity is shit.

Wait you do not have full control anymore? Did they change that because I am quite certain I had full control in an early build, I am just not playing anything more than the prologue to avoid too many spoilers for the full release.

AFAIK No, it was always like in Fallout. Someone correct me if I am wrong...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/921800/announcements/detail/4975884825306246622

New dangers under the Dome
CRONUS WEEKLY

1a50cdbb94143b138856d6407a55d8979d4a0b34.gif

Dear subscribers! Once again, the latest issue of the CRONUS Weekly is on your screens. Can anyone hear us?

This is our first issue since the mysterious incident. Communication with the outside world has been severed, but we are sure that we will be able to restore it very soon! And now it's time to face it: the world beneath the Dome has changed, and we'll tell you about the dangers the wastelands have in store for you!

Locations changed a lot

ba61dd433adc181af27010508ea4661161087e7c.jpg

CRONUS Corporation has found an outstanding artifact. During another excavation at the Nashville Research Station, an artifact of impressive size was found. On the outside, it resembles a huge ball of energy. It is hard to imagine what opportunities it will open up to mankind. Perhaps it will help unlock the secrets of the forefathers and answer the most difficult science questions or maybe even become a source of inexhaustible energy. However, many scientists note the serious impact of the artifact on climate change. Our editorial staff will follow the progress of the research and keep you informed.

Forefather tree

2e31aa2c644c4f221224aeb076882c4c69fbfada.png

The forefathers' relics are the only things that were not damaged after the terrible catastrophe. Many artifacts can give you incredible powers, while others can simply kill you. We managed to get a picture of the mysterious tree. Its body contains artifacts with the most amazing properties. But no matter how tempting the fruit may seem, we advise you to avoid the tree! After all, its every hole emits a poisonous gas that will kill you in seconds.

Fops

5cf2528d39311dc659f1d043973636b904fea746.gif

No matter what disasters happen in the world, people are still the main threat. The Dome is no exception. Many different factions have formed here. On your screens is one of the Fops. If you see someone similar to him — run. Don't even try to negotiate with these madmen. They have no goal, they have no demands, all they want is chaos.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/921800/announcements/detail/3034833920102865932

The most sophisticated weapons
CRONUS WEEKLY

1a50cdbb94143b138856d6407a55d8979d4a0b34.gif

Dear subscribers! Once again, the latest issue of the post-apocalyptic CRONUS Weekly is on your screens. Can anyone hear us?

It's been a long time since our connection to the outside world was severed. You probably already know that to survive in the wastelands you’ll need good weapons. But where to get them? Make with your own hands, of course! In this issue we have prepared a selection of the most unusual weapons that will help you to deal with almost any threat.

Disk Thrower

e1403058f944565fc119ebbe278ddaf22cbd68ca.jpg

It's hard to imagine the person who came up with this weapon. Many have found it to be unusually effective. Lethal discs do a lot of damage to any opponent, and the powerful ricochet shot mode leaves no chance for survival. But be careful, there's a great chance of hitting your companions!

After the collapse of the CRONUS empire there is a huge amount of unwanted spare parts left, you will have no problem with ammunition. A handful of metal, a couple of working batteries and any former Blue Wing worker will be happy to assemble your personal disk thrower.

Viper

0cfa57451cc17f2004ff78af11577a677c85943f.jpg

The next item is called the Viper. Believe me, it lives up to its name after every use. One light press and your enemies suffocate in a cloud of poisonous gas.

Poison gas is another resource you won't be short of under the Dome. The Tree of Forefathers, poisonous anomalies and who knows what else, they all spread deadly gas that can be used for the Viper. Don't forget to wear a gas mask, though!

Melee weapons

e389c5a47df542dce0cd0c37ee4e7389fefec51b.jpg

If you can’t make a firearm yourself, then feel free to take anything that fits your hands into the wasteland. Clubs, sledgehammers, bats — all of them can save your life, or at least increase your chances of survival. One good swing and your enemies fly in different directions.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Interesting showcase gif, since the explosion did absolutely nothing to the guy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom