Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by LESS T_T, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Jinn Arcane

Jinn
    Yes and no. You can far too frequently do this, which I also dislike, but there are quite a number of situations where you can't and an NPC will get pissed at you. There is a crime system, particular in more civilised areas in the game, but even that is too lax. They had the foundation for a great system here, but kind of squandered it. Same with stealth.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. razvedchiki Erudite Sad Loser

razvedchiki
    is it worthy to spec in them heavy weapons? i want them but i also want the light ones plus grenades.

^ Top  
  3. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    SpongeRats that don't die to 2+ shots of high level lazor pistols are a russian classic.

"Senpai"?

Hmm, I should have rolled a high Charisma char instead.

• feels good man feels good man x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/921800/view/2957165219743369675

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Cromwell Arcane

Cromwell
    I am looking for better psi gloves but I cant find anything in Magellan Station, did I overlook something or is there no npc that sells these?

^ Top  
  6. jackofshadows Magister

jackofshadows
    Yeah, raids were pretty obnoxious.
    Interesting. I did it already, wonder what's there to change, just a tiny ok quest.

Overall the game plays like it still in the EA. Especially in the new big locations, to say they're half-baked would be generous. Like there's no music track for Phalanx base. Not a unique one, just any. Another example of an EA game which get slapped a release badge and was thrown on the counter.
    The problem with them that most have mech damage type which isn't great. Still, viable.

• butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Fenix Arcane Vatnik

Fenix
    It will shut down all voiceover rigth? I sorta OK with everything except narrator.

Yep, as with every release last 5 years and end infinite into the fuchche. People on rutracker said that release version have amost no differences with previous.

Here starts re-downloading saga, bitch... I need to buy game asap.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    ^ Top  
  8. Mark Richard Arcane

Mark Richard
    This is why I'm holding off for now. The day after I start playing they're going to announce a huge update or something. It's a game in itself of who blinks first. I waited out Shadow Tactics for five years before they finally relented and announced an expansion. Germans are sneaky like that. These Russians won't get the better of me eith- who said that?! Mad? I ain't mad. Merely a responsible consumer in an irresponsible world. So help me god, I will have that collector's edition.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. PrettyDeadman Victim of C*dex *dministr*tion Patron

PrettyDeadman
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    5 gigabyte quick fix nice
    in my time quickfixes were like 2-5 megabyte.
    how much will patch weight? 5 terrabytes?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    It could be worse, Fallout 76 day 1 patch: 96 GB. :lol:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 2
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Iluvcheezcake Liturgist

Iluvcheezcake
    In Magellan garage, open some door and rescue someone. Then go to black wing floor and get a quest from of the guys you rescued

^ Top  
  12. Iluvcheezcake Liturgist

Iluvcheezcake
    Level contraptions. They are really fun and the ultimate bomb seems stupendously good

^ Top  
  13. Iluvcheezcake Liturgist

Iluvcheezcake
    Well fuck, they changed it. You cant use the jetpack while inside the servoshell. POOPZOR!

^ Top  
  14. The Wall Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

The Wall
    Let's hope they sell enough copies (neither too much nor too litle) so that Encased gets expanded and refined and next game be even better. Yesterday I asked Devs on Discord, and they said they're still 100% independent. Encased, ATOM and Stoneshard are 3 Russian RPG studios that should be on every Codexer's radar. No wonder they make good and based games, devs from all three studios post on Codex. Owlcats don't. Enough said

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. The Wall Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

The Wall
    My only worry for good indie devs is: how weak are they to SteamBabies tears. How fast will they nerf their mechanics to the point of them becoming meaningless, just so Robert, NY, ze/zer, won't leave negative review

For example: Why NPCs barely react to you stealing their items? Because SteamBabies and Discord trannies complained how they can't loot everything without consequences. I mean even here, in this very thread, you have retards who complain that when you press ALT, small million of interactive things or lootable items appear which leads to his nerveous breakdown because he doesn't have enough capacity to loot everything. Do you listen to yourself sometimes? Nigga...just don't press ALT. And don't loot everything like it's IV Crusade. Problem gone

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • Deus Vult Deus Vult x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    [​IMG]

My char: what are you doing working in male profession woman its 1976 there was very little womhyn mechanics and truck drivers back there... heck there is very little of them even now. Well at least she has no danger hair and tattoos.

Game is very fun so far got to the Stop, fixed everything executed all the criminal scum robbers cause its not 2021 Kwanzania and found cool riffle.

Not sure if my char is not too Jack of all trades but checked synergies and you don't need more of 6 or 7 to get them, I like all those synergies like 6 in strength giving you acess to intimidation or 6 in fortune better loot later on in survival tree those perks are even better than in Trutograd.

P.S. Noticed that game lacks kneeling animation, its bit cheap to not add it to be honest but hope they will fix it in patch.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Quillon Magister

Quillon
    Aren't jet pack and servoshell jump ability different?

^ Top  
  18. Jrpgfan Liturgist

Jrpgfan
    Never said that. I rarely loot junk in RPGs, unless it's needed. My char has 1 strength and hasn't even reached half his encumbrance limit yet. I just said that placing random junk everywhere is shit design. Because it is shit design. You are just polluting the screen and making it easier for the player to miss the relevant stuff in the middle of all the junk with no real benefit in exchange. This game has its qualities but itemization is not one of them. Besides, there's barely any hand placed item, and those I've found were uninspiring at best. So far it's been very unfulfilling in that regard.

This is a trend pushed by mainstream devs like Bethesda and Larian btw. For some reason their audience likes being able to loot used toilet paper from trash bins and other useless stuff. I'd appreciate if indie devs stopped copying them because the reason I play their games is because they don't have the need to cater to that audience.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Terenty Arbiter

Terenty
    Dunno, the game kinda has that "been there, done that" feeling to it and plays on autopilot for lack of a better word. Enemies die like flies, sometimes you get these gated skill checks ala New Vegas, where no matter how you specced you're still gonna pass something without much trouble.

The setting is not very original too. Granted i'm only in the first base with zombie scientists, but still.

Oh and the art style is straight out of Prey

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Fenix Arcane Vatnik

Fenix
    Since game have no combat challenges, I decide to make "access all content" build and made 10 Perception/Int/Cha/Psy build.
    Luck aslo looks like it could uncover content, but oh well...

^ Top  
  21. agris Arcane Patron

agris
    I haven’t played it yet, but as-described: this type of loot system is absolutely garbage. Sykar your point about self-control I kinda get, but why populate the game with literal dirt if it does nothing. How does that advance the RP side of things?

Again I haven’t played it yet so maybe there’s an angle I don’t appreciate, but this sounds horrible.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Butter Arcane

Butter
    I finally started this game. I apparently took the wrong car when leaving the starting location and they murdered me, and my last save was 45 minutes earlier before all of the tutorials.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    :hmmm:

[​IMG]

• Yes Yes x 2
    • No No x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    Hmmm that is not true. A lot of it is about container type,you won't find a nuke in the plant container or trash one. All the janitor containers have set type of loot in them. Also there quite a lot of hand placed loot too. Fallout have a lot more random loot than this game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    Like it too.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.