Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by LESS T_T, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Yaar Podshipnik Arcane Patron

Yaar Podshipnik
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    There's really heavy hinting of some time shenanigans happening outside the dome after Maelstrom hit. Another factor is that the dome doesn't let stuff out just anywhere, the only opening is at the top, and that still kills organics. No idea why it wouldn't be good enough to setup a radio to the outside. In one of the endings it gets closed off completely.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    I will just suspend my playthrough and go play Trudograd instead, maybe by 2023 this game becomes a real game and finally leave Early Access for reals, right now, this game is one of those broken Early Access games that cosplay as real games to get more sales, no point wasting my time.

They are talking of adding a harder difficulty mode on the future, it is a step on the right direction but they will still need to fix ALOT of shit, the game is basically okayish and unfinished as an adventure game and borderline unplayable when it involves combat, not unplayable that the combat is buggy or the game is unfinishable, just it is not fun as a video game because it is completely broken and disfunctional.

I will retract what I said and make an apology for Fargo, Wasteland 2 feels like a real game in comparison with this.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Xunwael Educated

Xunwael
    Got bored after finishing the first step of the emulator and then they invite you to their super special leader meeting and have you attend as an important guest of honour and demand that you help all of them because you're super important and special and anyone who didn't get your super important special help is going to be woefully underpowered compared to all the other factions.

Then you go help them with their super important super special quest and it's bullshit like "hang up these posters around town", "survey people in the town on who they'd vote for", "fetch this random piece of gear from the next place over", bitch are you fucking joking me? Then it's dumb shit like, oh, make sure to place these three gadgets at these three specific locations. And it's super important that you place them properly spread out so that we get complete coverage or whatever. A good place for the third beacon would be the first settlement or whatever it is. Oh and by the way, we have no idea where that is so you need to go find this super skilled pathfinder guy. WHAT!? Dude? Just fucking... why do I need a map to tell me where the spot on the map that I need to go to is as defined by where the beacons need to be positioned when I already fucking KNOW where the beacons need to be positioned? Then I go into the retards' camp and I just fucking murder everyone there after the queen tells me to go find their retard-pathfinder. I just gun the entire settlement down one person at a time by standing like 29 meters away and shooting them with my sniper rifle, clicking them really fast so that I empty my mag into them before they come close enough to trigger combat. Killed the entire place like this. Eventually they were sending power armored retards at me but they couldn't find me to engage in combat since I just shot one guy at a time then moved position. After that, they hated me so much that I kept getting ambushed by retards looking for revenge but every time I zoned in it was just necroids for some reason. Was like lvl 49 just from killing necroids in random encounters since they gave like a third of a level each.

So I went into the maze prison thing and killed my way to the bathtub where the sherlock guy was sitting for some reason (why the FUCK was he there?), but all he would say to me was "I hate you cuz u got -100 rep from killing people of my faction" (how does he know this?), so I gave him all my money to get him to talk to me but even at 100 rep he refused to so I murdered him to get my money back and he had none of it on him, it had literally disappeared into the ether. Luckily, the toilet paper roll he had in his pocket told me the direction to the camp that I already logically would have to have known the location of. Then for some reason I was overwhelmed by a powerful sensation of "fuck this", logged out, and never felt the need to play the game again.

The stuff that was in the early access segments was all pretty good. The stuff after that felt so half-baked it may as well have been a joke. The "city" in particular was just sad. Huge empty open spaces that do nothing but waste your time as you run from empty location to empty location, it doesn't even have any merchants. I snuck into the cult place and killed everyone there and nobody seemed to care. I went into the sewers and found their creepy brainwashing thing or whatever it was and nobody seemed to care. Whatever.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Nifft Batuff Liturgist

Nifft Batuff
    It reminds me CERN.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Alphons Savant

Alphons
    WHAT. THE. FUCK.

You can give all your equipment to a merchant (just dump it in the trade menu but don't select any of his stuff), get Rep from his faction for giving him a good deal and then harvest him for all that sweet experience.

But when looting his corpse you also get experience for stuff that you "sold" him. You can do it with every single weapon, armor, bullet and combond.

So killing a trader and looting his stuff gave me 7 levels, while killing and looting after "trading" gave me 13 levels.
    Then you can sell all this stuff to another trader and get even more EXP, because now you loot your stuff and 2 dead traders.

HOW HIGH CAN WE GO?!

• Funny x 16
    • WTF am I reading x 2
    • Balanced x 2
    • feels good man x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Artistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Butter Arcane

Butter
    Who thought it was a good idea to reward experience for looting in the first place? They really wanted to make Garbage Collector Simulator.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • incline incline x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    See you are applying cutthroat capitalist tactics a bit too literally here.:lol:

• Funny Funny x 6
    ^ Top  
  9. toro Arcane

toro
    I've reached final area but I lost the will to continue. At least not today.

The game is such a disappointment. I played on highest difficulty and there was exactly one fight in which I had to pay attention to cool-downs.

I know she is a meme companion but Yoko is the only reason why I endured this shit. She cannot aim worth a shit.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Me: Yoko, go snipe!
    Yoko: Neutralized them senpai, their Ai malfunctioned as expected.

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  11. Jinn Arcane

Jinn
    Well goddamn me straight to RPGamer hell for having a positive reaction to the initial 15 hours of the game, like many people here did! I made it clear and reiterated they were early impressions with almost every post - even urging people to not buy it based on my impressions in one of them - and my last post in the thread was stating I would wait and see if they polished up the second half of the game that people were saying mediocre before playing more. I shouldn't have to play a game to completion in order to post my initial impressions of it around here, and likewise, I'm not asserting that anyone take my opinions as objective or complete in any way. So settle down.

I did remove that review, as it technically did become one made in bad faith in the honeymoon phase with the game since I haven't completed it, and I hadn't labelled it as "Temporary" as I normally would. I get your disappointment with the game, but I haven't done shit to you, so don't take it out by targeting me.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Salute Salute x 2
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    how much did they pay you for your influential review that caused the codex to buy it?

• Funny Funny x 4
    ^ Top  
  13. Jinn Arcane

Jinn
    -$29, since that's what I bought it for.

• Funny x 5
    • Brofist x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    • Math! x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. jackofshadows Magister

jackofshadows
    I remember that. Now while I am, in fact, disappointed with the game I was just fooling around with that post if slightly at your expense, yes but was that really that offensive? All I did have linked your public and very pleasantly-written I must add review which summaized the initial game reception perfectly in my view and it was at such contrast with the recent feedback here like "hope you guys enjoying farm of braindead trashmobs" or "it's a looting simulator". I like such humor a lot.

Anyway, I think it's a shame that you've taken down the review, you could really just add a note about it being temporal, that you decided to drop it or something like that.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    ^ Top  
  15. Fenix Arcane Vatnik

Fenix
    Where is that damn patch fixing missing items? (c)

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Nifft Batuff Liturgist

Nifft Batuff
    With all its issues, It's still one of the most enjoyable game I played this year...

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    4 GB patch downloading atm but no idea what it contains.

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Butter Arcane

Butter
    https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/921800/view/2873849978164655559

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    And this needed 4 GB? I was hoping for some added late game content...

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 5
    ^ Top  
  20. jackofshadows Magister

jackofshadows
    It's been only two weeks, slow your roll, lol.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Fenix Arcane Vatnik

Fenix
    So, they fixed some of the missing items - probably items with tag "stolen" - but not all.
    I feel, this fix will come last.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Darkozric Learned

Darkozric
    [​IMG][/IMG]

• Funny Funny x 14
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    This is actually historically accurate since the original Mary Sue is from a 1973 parody Star Trek fan fiction. :obviously:

• Informative Informative x 5
    ^ Top  
  24. Whisper Arcane Vatnik

Whisper
    Where you got this data?

^ Top  
  25. SpaceWizardz Savant

SpaceWizardz
    It's one of the graves in the Irradiated Graveyard.
    You can dig up the grave for some unique armor as well.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.