Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware End State - turn-based tactics by Finnish lunatic - now available on Early Access(!)

geno

Savant
More like they take our hearts and run. This said,
phosphorous25/05/2020
I'll just clear up few things regarding the discussions above. Yes there are investors involved, that is how the development has been funded. At most the team was 5 full-time members, some were 2-3 years continuously. The reason they are not involved anymore is money, I couldn't afford / it didn't make sense to keep them on the payroll since the project went so much over time. I personally have been doing this as the main project the whole time, I haven't had any other jobs during this

Vityaz

Augur
So uh... not sure I am understanding it correctly, but what exactly was the reason that buried this project? (or least made it shrink to a one man effort)

Not enough money? Bad management and planning?

Last edited:

Ninjerk

Arcane
So uh... not sure I am understanding it correctly but what exactly was the reason that buried this project? (or least made it shrink to a one man effort)

Not enough money? Bad management and planning?
Finnish devilry.

geno

Savant
phosphorous
Well I am still working on it. We have hired a new producer who has been working with me for about two months, helping me to focus on the right things so the game can be completed at some point
I have this tendency to keep endlessly reworking all the parts of the game, never being satisfied or thinking that it would be good enough to be released, so this kind of support with the production seems helpful

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Oh man this is such a roller-coaster. Every time I am ready to accept that End State is dead, Phosphorous shows up to make some vague declaration about how he is still working on it and release might happen at some point. And then there is only silence and the cycle continues on and on… the world sure is a cruel place.

ArchAngel

Arcane
phosphorous
Well I am still working on it. We have hired a new producer who has been working with me for about two months, helping me to focus on the right things so the game can be completed at some point
I have this tendency to keep endlessly reworking all the parts of the game, never being satisfied or thinking that it would be good enough to be released, so this kind of support with the production seems helpful
I know another game that needs such a producer.. khm.. Copper Dreams.. khm..

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Oh man this is such a roller-coaster. Every time I am ready to accept that End State is dead, Phosphorous shows up to make some vague declaration about how he is still working on it and release might happen at some point. And then there is only silence and the cycle continues on and on… the world sure is a cruel place.

You sound like someone who would enjoy the magnificent development of Sui Generis. It's also still coming out, once certain people have sorted out their job life and treated their procrastination syndrome.

As to this one I am sure a certain percentage of it is complete and quite impressive and the guy has big plans, and then he decides to redo something because he can still do better. Entrusting him with your hopes on a fantastic, completed game is like making PETA run the meat industry.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, they've reached their End State? :)

From Steam forums;

"Their Facebook page has not been updated since 2018. Their website no longer exists. There has not been an update in years and the devs have been non-existent for that long as well. It is time to accept the fact that this game is officially dead. Shame..."

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
GUYZ Y U HAV 2 KEEP BUMPING?!?

As for Momentum, the vidya part is indeed dead, but the devs are working on a board game at least (I am still on their Discord) so maybe at least something good might come out of that.

1668156566658.png

1668156585891.png

1668156626610.png

1668156660734.png

They moved the setting from Laos to Vietnam and the game is now focussed more on regular army combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom