Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Endless Dungeon - roguelite tactical action game successor to Amplitude's Dungeon of the Endless

Harthwain

Magister
The trailer is extremely unhelpful, because only a tiny part of it contains the actual gameplay. Is this just re-skinned Dungeon of the Endless?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1485590/view/2951510987406198305

Endless Dungeon, our new roguelite
We're thrilled to tell you all about Endless Dungeon today, our return to the Endless Universe and our next foray into the rogue-lite genre! We may be best known for our turn-based strategy games, but many of us have a soft spot for rogue-lites and dungeon crawlers, so we’re excited to dive back in with our new rogue-lite tactical action game.

Shipwrecked on an abandoned space station of the ancient and powerful Endless civilization, your only hope of ever leaving is to unravel the secrets of this place. You assemble your team of heroes and defend your crystal against never-ending waves of monsters as you delve deep into the heart of this cursed place... or (perhaps inevitably) die trying, and find yourself back where you began, for death is not the end here.

But it’s always best to be prepared, so what can you expect to find in the Endless Dungeon?
  • A Brand New Story in the Endless Universe: The Endless universe is full of mysteries, but stranded on this station there is only one you truly care about: What is keeping you trapped on this station and coming back to life? As many stories as this place and the people here have to tell, you don’t fancy sticking around for decades like some of them...
  • Tactical Team-building Exercise: You’re not the only one who wants to get out of here, so gather your posse from a colorful roster of characters and see if this time, your combined skills are enough to make it to the heart of the station. Switch between heroes on the fly in single player, or bring along a friend to face the Endless threats together in co-op.
    1b63ebba03656e89056599b6fff1dfdaf0b740a8.jpg

• Dangerous Exploration, at your own pace: When just about everything on the station is trying to kill you, you might need a break. So take a breather. Look around. Plan and prepare. Then kick down the next door and let another wave of monsters crash over you in a frenzy of claws and gunfire until only you or they are left standing. (We do not recommend actually kicking the doors, as they’re quite robust...)
    fde87c3803a85d11c85ae2d53cb75a6d1ea646fb.jpg

• Rock-hard Defenses: You may not know what this crystal is, but you know it’s vital to your survival and your escape. You need it to unlock doors and power the systems of this station so you can finally leave, but all these critters around have an appetite for it. Luckily, you have a variety of turrets and other automated defenses at your disposal, so you can always bring an extra gun or two to the showdown.
    35207a2f5ef6b084960480fcc030aa7afbae1a54.jpg

Hang on a minute! Crashed in the ruins of an ancient precursor empire? A mysterious crystal to power their wondrous technology? Turrets to fend of endless waves of enemies that make escape virtually impossible? All of this will sound very familiar to many of you, bringing back memories of our first venture into the rogue-lite genre, Dungeon of the Endless.

That spiritual ancestor to Endless Dungeon was born from an idea – more of a joke, really – kicked around at one of our community events. A small team of devs assembled a prototype, and we knew we had something special on our hands with our “Roguelike Tower-Defense Dungeon Crawler”: It’s as wild a ride as that mouthful of a genre description. Yet we did not expect it to become such a hit with our fans, a passionate community quickly growing around it.

We’ve learned a lot from making that game, the feedback our community gave us, and the stories they told of their best moments with it. So we’ve taken it back to the drawing board and built an entirely new experience with the same spirit, emphasizing direct control of the action and a great multiplayer experience, while keeping the same focus on tactical combat, wave-based defenses, and exploration!
daf75088330c66c284b2a00acb5c81f0b0dc2196.jpg

Endless Dungeon will be coming to PC and consoles, and if you’re as excited about all of this as we are, you can stay up to date on all things Endless Dungeon by subscribing to the newsletter for an exclusive skin!

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I've spent a few dozens of hours on Dungeon of the Endless back then. I usually don't like tower defense games, they tend to induce too much anxiety in me but this one had nice little gameplay elements that made it interesting though. I recommend for a few bucks on sale (or not, if it's already worth a few bucks, I don't know actually).
I'll gladly take a look at this new take on the -I assume- same formula.

Harthwain

Magister
So it's basically re-skinned Dungeon of the Endless, but more action-y? I am going to eye this one with suspicion for now.

Beowulf

Arcane
So it's basically re-skinned Dungeon of the Endless, but more action-y? I am going to eye this one with suspicion for now.

Yeah, looks like you might have more control over the characters when fighting.

Last edited:

amandachen

Novice
Well, it's got to be better than Winged Sakura: Endless Dream, although I don't give a toss about multiplayer.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
All of their 4x games bounced off me at some point. Endless Legend because there's 6 different ways to do everything and it's really muddled and you can't tell if you're doing good or why. And both Endless Space games because they're great except the AI does not know how to play them at all.

Dungeon of the Endless I found pretty enjoyable though, so I'm glad they're giving this some love. My main problem with it is just that if you set the difficulty to normal then your people can get killed in about 2 seconds, so it would take insane amounts of micromanagement to win. And the easy difficulty setting is too easy.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://community.amplitude-studios.com/amplitude-studios/endless-dungeon/blogs/882

ENDLESS DUNGEON DELAYED TO THE 19TH OCTOBER​

Hello everyone,

Antoine here, those who recognize me know that I used to work on Humankind during the last few years. I’m now working as a Producer on Endless Dungeon, which means I’m helping to coordinate the Endless Dungeon team to make sure we can deliver a high-quality experience for you.

We have some news to share regarding the release date of ENDLESS™ Dungeon. We have decided to delay the release of the game to the 19th of October of this year, this includes all versions: PC, PlayStation 4/5, Xbox One, and Xbox X/S. The Nintendo Switch version will have a release date announced later. After all the feedback we've received we believe that it's important to spend extra time working on the game.

We hope that you understand that decisions like this are never easy to make.

What does this mean? There is not just 1 reason for this, there are several factors:

On the one hand, we wanted a bit more time to polish the game and solve some of the bugs that are currently present so that we can provide you with a smoother gaming experience at release.

On the other hand, and as you know, we have been gathering all your feedback on the different OpenDevs and there are areas we would like to dedicate extra time to work on key aspects. Which ones? Here are some examples:

• Meta Progression: in the past OpenDev “Final Rodeo” there was a feeling of randomness when unlocking it, now we are moving to a more player-driven unlock scheme, so it feels more rewarding to players.
  • Economy: we are tweaking the economy in the game slightly. We want the 3 resources (science, food, industry) to all feel important to avoid the feeling that “industry is king”. The scarcity of resources is important so that your decision of what to invest in feels impactful.

• Balancing in general: there are a lot of elements in the game (beverages, heroes, upgrades, monsters, etc.), that require a lot of feedback, which is why the playtest with the community is essential.

• And other things, such as more variety in the districts, improving the multiplayer, onboarding new players, etc.

In the words of our General Manager and CCO, Romain de Waubert:

We’re grateful and honoured that players are looking forward to playing ENDLESS DUNGEON. The feedback we’ve received across our OpenDev sessions so far has proved to us that we truly have something special on our hands and we want to ensure we have time for the game to reach its full potential.

Players have always been at the heart of our studio’s philosophy and releasing ENDLESS DUNGEON in October will allow us the extra time to keep working with the community and polishing the game for an amazing day one experience.

Shroom_thank_you.jpg

But hey, it's not all sad news. We do have a couple of surprises for you.

• To thank your for patience with the delay, we are planning to have 3 additional skins that will be free for everyone that pre-ordered and for early buyers when the game is released (for a limited time).

• For those wondering what is going to happen to the Closed Beta unlocked with the purchase of the “Last Wish Edition” -- The closed beta will absolutely still be happening, but we are envisioning a time frame closer to September.

• Right now, we are having an ongoing closed Playtest with players from previous OpenDevs (to help us with more feedback on the Meta Progression, balancing, etc.), and we are looking to include more players in the future. If you're interested in the possibility of participating, then stay tuned to our blogs and social media, as we will announce there when we open this chance to participate.

Free_Skins_at_release.png

FAQ

• What If I want to cancel my pre-order?
    Players who have pre-purchased on digital storefronts can receive refunds where applicable in line with platform policy. This can depend on the specifics of the store and the country you are in. Please reach out to help@sega.co.uk if you are experiencing any problems.

• When will the Closed Beta (unlocked by pre-ordering the Last Wish Edition) happen?
    We will still have this Beta, sometime around September. Our closed betas tend to be around 1 month before the final release.
  • Why do you need the extra time?
    We are polishing the game so players can have a better experience at release, and working on the different feedback, like the Meta-Progression, onboarding of players, the difficulty, the economy, etc.
  • Will it be playable on Steam Deck?
    Right now, the game is playing well on Steam Deck. We will continue to work on the optimization and control scheme to achieve the green check verification.
  • Is there a shared progression in co-op?
    If you are playing from the beginning on Co-op with your friend you will get the unlocks/meta progression at the same time. For example, if you encounter a chest that drops a key to unlock a district, it will be dropped for both of you. Meaning that any currency earned, district keys, scrap, beverages, and any meta-progression unlocks are all things you get to keep and take home to your main game.

The only thing that will be "individual" is the quest progression, as it is tied to your profile. So, if you are playing Bunker and your friend is playing Zed, you will be continuing the quest progress of Bunker while your friend will progress with the character they’re playing (Zed).

If you want to stay up to date on all the news about Endless Dungeon, do not hesitate to check our previous and future blogs (like the latest Decrypting the Station blog about the Bosses) covering the different aspects of the game.

Thank you for your patience and support as we get the game over the finish line. We can't wait for you to see the result!
-The entire Endless Dungeon team.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
It also has nothing that made Dungeon of the Endless good for double the disappointment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom