Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Epic Games Store - the console war comes to PC

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Who is Epic Games' audience? Who actually downloads EGS just to play a game ahead of time? Epic doesn't have enough money to afford to buy the exclusivity, is the CCP literally bankrolling exclusivity on games like [Bloodlines 2] that literally no one in China will play? Why?
I don't know if it really answers your question in this case, but I have the Epic client installed for all the free games, and I purchased Sinking City on that platform (and don't regret it) because I didn't want to wait.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What the
Ethan Diamond Bandcamp co-founder and CEO said:
Hi 幸運な虎 (Lucky Tigers),
I’m excited to announce that Bandcamp is joining Epic Games, who you may know as the makers of Fortnite and Unreal Engine, and champions for a fair and open Internet.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Hopefully Epic will find a way to screw this up in a way even normies will notice. Don't usually use Bandcamp, but there's no denying its allowed a ton of indie musicians to sell their music in a way a great deal wouldn't be able to otherwise.

V_K

Arcane
Honestly, can you imagine calculating the value of games with the current falling value of the Ruble? Eventually you would have to break out the scientific notations and ain't nobody got time for that.

"Ah yes, I would like a copy of this game, here are my 4.5 x 10³ Rubles." - An absolute lunatic.
Steam seems to be doing fine with other heavily devalued currencies:

image.png

No, the thing is, with SWIFT turned off, banks under sanctions and PayPal, Visa and Mastercard suspending their operations, no digital stores would be able to operate there anyway.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
99% of the time if you see an arcanum portrait you're about to read some really weird shit
99% of the time if you see a poe portrait it's rusty
Imagine in 2022 still remembering what poe was....just sad.
Some of us are cursed with memory that no amount of rakija can wash away.
hqdefault.jpg

You just haven't drank with the right people.

:martini:
BROS SORRY AMATEUR HOUER HERE

ADD WEED WITH ALCOHOL YOULL FORGET EVERYTHING LOLLOLLOL

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
99% of the time if you see an arcanum portrait you're about to read some really weird shit
hqdefault.jpg

SORRY BRO WHO ARE YOU AGAIN LOLLOLLOL

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
hqdefault.jpg

BRO LOLLLOLOL ASK YOUR MOM

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
hqdefault.jpg

SHE HAD THE WEED TOO BRO LOLLOLLOL SHE FORGOT TOO.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
hqdefault.jpg

SHE HAD THE WEED TOO BRO LOLLOLLOL SHE FORGOT TOO.
She said that both of you are adopted and she leaves with Drago for Ibiza to live her dream as a rave queen yo.

Puukko

Arcane
Strong showing from this week's free game (Redout):

image.png

Crashes when selecting the first ship, every time. Reinstalled, turned down graphics settings, unplugged controller, nada. Also suffers from dementia and asks for Epic account integration for multiplayer on every launch.

Shame, I was in the mood for some futuristic racing...

Melcar

Arcane
Strong showing from this week's free game (Redout):

image.png

Crashes when selecting the first ship, every time. Reinstalled, turned down graphics settings, unplugged controller, nada. Also suffers from dementia and asks for Epic account integration for multiplayer on every launch.

Shame, I was in the mood for some futuristic racing...

Won't be missing much. It's not that great of a game.

Edit:
It's kind of like Wipeout but not really, and kind of like F-Zero but not really. Tries to mix and match both styles and it comes out like shit. If you expect a Wipeout clone you will be disappointed, and if you expect a F-Zero clone you will also be disappointed. The graphics are rather shit too, with this crystal like texture on everything and overabundance of post processing. Music is double shit as well and forgettable.

Last edited:

hpstg

Savant
It's there any good Wipe Out clone around? I think it peaked with the PC release of 2097.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
So I haven't been on the Epic launcher in a while, and after an update today I get this within seconds of starting the launcher, and once this appears there's no way to access any other functionality in the launcher:
1655417464829.png

I'm not particularly keen on installing even more spyware for social features that I will never use. Is there a way to use the launcher without EOS? It would be nice if there was a way to block the message from appearing, but I have a feeling there isn't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom