Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ePSXe 2.0.2 released

...after four fucking years, jesus christ.

http://www.epsxe.com/

As promised ePSXe 1.8.0 for windows has been released.

You can find it in the downloads section.

The main changes are:
Many fixes to the cd-rom decoder and core that fixed almost 150 games
Improved input devices support
On the fly memory card change
Fixed changedisc feature
Support for SBI subchannel files
Support for PBP disc images
Cheat codes support

We hope you will enjoy this release!

Regards,
ePSXe Team.

Still, :salute:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Nice to see there is still some activity when it comes to PSX emulation. I still wish pSX was updated though given how good it is. Unless this version drastically changed some things, it'll still stay as my backup PSX emulator.

Ermm

Erudite
I better spend a little amount of money to buy CD's and write games in them, and play them on real PSOne (actually, that's what I am doing).

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
hope there's no plugin fuckup
I better spend a little amount of money to buy CD's and write games in them, and play them on real PSOne (actually, that's what I am doing).
they all run fine?

Xebra is the best PSX emulator. Trust me. People who use any other emulators probably use ZSNES for snes emulation, and gens for genesis emulation. I feel sorry for those people.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is this going to be one of those "perfect emulation" things? Because I don't think anybody cares.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
If you mean "accurate emulation", there are people who care.

Anyway, I tried Xebra a bit and it's rather cool, though a bit rough. I also can't get the analog sticks working but I only use them for Chrono Cross and there's probably a way to do it. I'll have to check the compatibility but it'll probably stay on my hard drive.

oh, and for snes: zsnes used to be good, but then it stopped being updated and other emulators surpassed it. Don't know why so many people still use it though. i don't use bnes because it requires too much cpu. I prefer snesgt or snes9x (the latest WIP release that doesn't fuck with your extensions (WTF were they thinking???))

As for genesis emulation: it's kega fusion or NOTHING. every other genesis emulator will ALWAYS have problems with emulating yamaha synthesizer. Till the end of time. THe douche (seriously, he's a douche; he never takes any suggestions for his emu- compare that with the guys who did magicengine who are really receptive and open-minded) who did kega fusion is the only one who figured it out, and kega fusion isn't open-source, so you can imagine the frustration of the nerds at MESS. For those who don't know what i'm talking about. Open either Evander Holyfield or Todd's adventure in slime WOrld in Gens, play through both, and then play through both in Kega Fusion. Find me an emulator that correctly emulates the yamaha synth (besides kega fusion) without causing rape on your ears and i'll stfu.

Gerrard

Arcane
I like how you complain about the CPU usage of ZSNES but not of Xebra.

Gerrard

Arcane
Doesn't matter. You're still complaining about the CPU usage of a SNES emulator while using the most CPU intensive PSX emulator.

doesn't matter what system we're talking about. it's the EMULATOR that matters. i can get constant 60 fps playing any game on xebra. i can barely get 40 fps using BNES

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
If memory serves I use znses because of the better frameskip function. But it's been a while. I've tried snes9x before and didn't stick with it for whatever reason, something must have been annoying. Tried both Genesis emulators you mentioned, forget which one I prefer. I think I used one or the other for the built in screenshot feature last time.

The actual emulation is pretty irrelevant beyond a certain point. Why would I give a fuck about how accurate the emulation is when I'm frameskipping past shit half the time?

Suicidal

Arcane
Didn't EPSXE 1.7 already work near perfectly? I never had any issues with it.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
oh, and for snes: zsnes used to be good, but then it stopped being updated and other emulators surpassed it. Don't know why so many people still use it though.

zsnes+3.jpg

DAT UI. You can't beat that UI, I load that thing up and I'm already in "fun mode".

well, dude, true story. i used to use zsnes too. for YEARS. do you know what zbattle is? I was a regular on zbattle, kicking everyone's ass in SSF2, including the DGV brothers who went on to do well at Evo. The one or two times i lost to them i'd get mad and call them niggers, without actually knowing their ethnicity. And whaddya know, i'm watching an EVO stream and i find out that the DGV brothers are black. Anyway, one day i decided to try some japanese-only games.. this was back when i was really into beat'em ups (as in Double Dragon or Final Fight or D&D shadow over mystara ---- street fighter 2 is NOT a beat'em up , it's a fighting game). so i loaded up this game called Ghost Chaser Densei, and wtf i can't see the life bar. let's see, let's try kamen rider, and i can't even get past the main menu. Hmm... i feel like starting FF6 again because i like seeing the word "assassin" spelled incorrectly. oh wait, in the scene where edgar and locke see terra using magic for the first time, i see the sprites overlapping the text box. fuck dat shit nignog

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
so i loaded up this game called Ghost Chaser Densei, and wtf i can't see the life bar. let's see, let's try kamen rider, and i can't even get past the main menu. Hmm... i feel like starting FF6 again because i like seeing the word "assassin" spelled incorrectly. oh wait, in the scene where edgar and locke see terra using magic for the first time, i see the sprites overlapping the text box. fuck dat shit nignog
I guess I finally saw an example of why Obsidian and Troika games aren't even considered games by some people.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
So, were can i find people to play emulated games on-line? is this the zbattle thing? migh be cool o play turtle ninjas with bros

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom