Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternal Crusade (WH40K MMO)

Unwanted

bot

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Queued
eternal-crusade.jpg

http://bhvr.com/eternalcrusade/

No thread yet? What is this heresy? Even though Dark Millenium has been scraped, there is still hope. From the creators of such hits as Get On Da Mic and Doritos Crash Course (God save us all) I present you: the Eternal Crusade. Post any info you've stumbled upon.

Release date is supposedly end of 2015.

Direwolf

Arcane
  • Experience the gameworld with 3rd-person, behind the shoulder action featuring precision gunplay and brutal melee combat with excruciating finishers;
  • Participate in a persistent online war to conquer the planet, its fate completely in the hands of the players;
  • Become a warrior from one of four initial factions, each unique and opposed to one another: Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Orks and Eldar.
  • Participate in truly massive conflicts that simultaneously bring thousands of players to bear over territories and other strategic resources.
  • Get behind the controls of Space Marine Rhinos, Predators, Ork Battlewagons and other iconic vehicles of the 41st millennium;
  • Hack through genuinely challenging procedural content alongside your battle-brothers and never have the same experience twice;
  • Earn the right to customize your builds in a deep progression system drawing on the rich Warhammer 40,000 universe.
  • Found a Battle Squad with friends and prepare for conflict from your customized shared space in orbit - then drop down to the planet together and seek out glory!
Sounds like vapourware.

Absalom

Just looking at the only two games they've developed tells me it's vapourware

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Whoa, so there's actually a beefy interview out there that gives tangible answers instead of usual PR bullshit.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06...aron-shares-his-vision-for-a-next-gen-mmorpg/

G: I can definitely see that a conflict exists, and when a game goes free to play, paying players always complain about the deterioration of the community.
M: Exactly. My idea, and what I’m going to implement is very true to the lore. The game is free to play, but we have four races controlled by the player, while one is controlled by us. Only one of the playable races will be free to play, while the other three will be buy to play like Guild Wars 2.

Actually, all four playable races are buy to play, but the Orks have an option which is free to play: the Ork boyz. If you want to play our game and you don’t want to spend a single cent, you can still access the whole game and do whatever you want without restriction, but you can only be an Ork Boy. You can’t be an Ork Nob or above…Those are buy to play as well even if we’ll have very affordable pricing, definitely cheaper than Guild Wars 2.

That said, Ork Boyz are going to be free, and they will be able to progress horizontally with skills and everything, but vertically, if you want to become an Ork Nob, you’ll have to buy it. The reason for that is because in order to be responsible to give orders and objectives to other players, we want you to be a committed player. In order to become a leader in our game, you’ll need to pay.

Dr Tomo

Learned
A quick break down of the article posted above, if I miss any I apologize.
  • Launch of PC first and they acquired the rights to do so for Xbox One and PS4
  • Game is 90-95% pvp and will incorp hundreds of players on the battlefield
  • Using a third party engine which they won't disclose yet
  • Hierarchy system for each of the races (grunts > squad leaders > chapter Leaders > War council members)
  • Campaigns will run for three months and it will incorp "military objectives" made by players and is the questing system it looks like
  • You will receive medals for participating in these campaigns
  • Three playable races (Space Marines, Chaos, and Eldar)
  • One dev controlled race for balancing Tyranids (incrop a DAOC faction system) so if there is a imbalance of power they will use the Tyranid faction (controlled by dev's) to offset the stronger faction
  • Factions can team up with each other (chaos working with Eldar Orks &Space Marines etc) No restrictions on communications between factions
  • Combat is a mix of Gears of War & THQ's Space Marine in third pov
  • Class system in place, "some classes are more sensitive to ranged attacks, while some will be more sensitive to melee."
  • Guild Wars 2 pay system in place for all races, but F2P players are stuck with orks (Ork boyz) and progress horizontally
  • When you go down in fighting it will be like Gears of War and there will be executions you can use and buy at the MT store and post using social media
  • no talk of Titans yet
  • When you start the game you will automatically be attached to a chapter
  • Guild housing which you can customize with orbital guns and etc (added later post release)
  • No psionic powers to be implemented in the game as of right now
  • Tons of customization features for your character with paints, decorations, and insignia (basically to give the miniature feel)
  • Not out until around 2015

Dr Tomo

Learned
Guild Wars 2 pay system in place for all races, but F2P players are stuck with orks (Ork boyz) and progress horizontally

So, all races are free then?

Well the way the dev made it sound like was that f2p brings in shit heads (pardon the language) so we are putting them in orks as the lowest unit which is the only free race. Eldar, Chaos, & S. Marine you have to pay for to even play as a grunt and progress horizontally/vertically. When you pay for the those three races it is going to be like Guild Wars II where you can play the that race only, if you want to play other you have to buy those races as well.

So in a nut shell one race is free right off the bat with rank limitations and rest you have to pay for once like Guild Wars II in order to have the honor of playing as a grunt for that race.

[*]Game is 90-95% pvp and will incorp hundreds of players on the battlefield
classic MMORPG developer bullshitting.

Well then again this sounds like pre production stuff they are discussing about. I am very curious to know what kind of third party engine they are using as it will give everyone any idea if everything he mentioned is garbage as I don't recall hearing any engine handling hundred of players in pvp combat other then Eve.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
When you pay for the those three races it is going to be like Guild Wars II where you can play the that race only, if you want to play other you have to buy those races as well.

There is nothing like that in GW2. When the head of the studio is such a dumbass, it does not bode well for the game's future.

Angthoron

Arcane
When you pay for the those three races it is going to be like Guild Wars II where you can play the that race only, if you want to play other you have to buy those races as well.

There is nothing like that in GW2. When the head of the studio is such a dumbass, it does not bode well for the game's future.
Yep, my point exactly. GW2 is B2P, buy the box and play that content and them classes, EC sounds like it's a typical F2P with premium races/classes/content. No similarity whatsoever.

The only thing you can buy that is character-related in GW2 is character slots beyond the basic 5, but that's really far from "buying premium races".

Dr Tomo

Learned

I apologize Engrish not good desu desu. I mean to imply that they are using the payment method of you buy once (the race you want) and there is a MT shop for other cosmetic stuff that might interest you. But sadly you can only play the race that you purchased unless your content with the Ork grunt race. This will irritate many though if it turns out consumers has to pay $20 per race or something, but there is so sub plan is I guess the positive about this game.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Well then again this sounds like pre production stuff they are discussing about. I am very curious to know what kind of third party engine they are using as it will give everyone any idea if everything he mentioned is garbage as I don't recall hearing any engine handling hundred of players in pvp combat other then Eve.
Uh. Planetside 1, Planetside 2? Battleground Europe, probably?

Data4

Arcane
This sounds pretty interesting:

G: Is it a sandbox or theme park game, are there going to be quests at all? Any single player-focused storyline?

M: There’s a very small and general storyline. The types of quests…I don’t want to call them quests…The types of objectives in the game will be the same you have in an army.

Think about it: if I’m a general on a battlefield, do I tell some of my soldiers “Can you get this package and bring it to Mrs. Flowers that lives in this place?” or “Could you go in the woods and kill…” No, no. The way we’re going to do this is more similar to realistic military objectives. For instance there may be a Tyranid incursion on your southern border, and you’re sent to protect the outpost. That’s an example. Another may be that the Orks are getting close to find an artifact in a certain mine, and you have to make sure to get it first.

Most of the objectives you’ll receive will be coming from other players that have moved up the hierarchy in your race and have become squad leaders, chapter leaders or are part of the war council. The War council is ten players that basically set up all the main objectives for their race. These players have grown through the ranks and have been voted by other players to lead the war effort for the whole race. They will give the objectives to each squad leader. It works like a real war.

And I won’t be there to make sure that it’s balanced. I’m not there to tell each race how to wage their war. I’m just giving them the tools. This is a game we’re making for the players, so the players will decide how to wage war. That’s the reason why we’ll have campaigns up to three months long. We want to have a winner at the end of the day. I hate massive PvP where you fight and fight and fight but there’s never a real winner.

I say up to three months, because if a bunch of Navy Seals decide to form a guild or a chapter and play our game, most likely they will defeat everyone else very fast because they know military strategy, and our game will be a realistic representation of military strategy. If this happens, and it happens too fast, in order to keep the game somehow balanced we have the Tyranid. They will be a race that we at Behaviour will control in addition to the dynamic weather system that can affect territories and performance.

If near the beginning of a new campaign we find out that the Space Marines are about to wipe out the whole planet in a week, they will suddenly attract a lot more interest from the Tyranid and will need to protect their borders a bit more and allow the other races to gather their strength and provide a real challenge. We’ll intervene to keep it moderately balanced, without too much influence, just enough to make a campaign last at least over two weeks…

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06...aron-shares-his-vision-for-a-next-gen-mmorpg/

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The problem is not as much the ideas as the execution... they don't seem to have a lot of experience / money to pull this right... but damn, I sure hope they do.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
we’re going to provide players with a lot of lore-friendly race-specific executions for free, but we’ll also have hundreds of different microtransaction-based executions.
...lovely

Just imagine: you spent two hundred dollars on the game. You won four campaigns, and you’re one of the top Space Marine players in your chapter in a huge battle, and suddenly you fail to pay attention and you end up wounded on the ground, and then you see a puny free to play Ork that just started playing the game running towards you and he executes you in a very humiliating way (because Orks are like that), for instance by choking you by sitting with his butt in your face with the teabagging execution he purchased for $1.
yeah... no.

Data4

Arcane
Just imagine: you spent two hundred dollars on the game. You won four campaigns, and you’re one of the top Space Marine players in your chapter in a huge battle, and suddenly you fail to pay attention and you end up wounded on the ground, and then you see a puny free to play Ork that just started playing the game running towards you and he executes you in a very humiliating way (because Orks are like that), for instance by choking you by sitting with his butt in your face with the teabagging execution he purchased for $1.
yeah... no.

Ah shit... my tl:dr kicked in before I got that far. Game gets a big FUCK NO from me now. I've spent the last couple of days arguing against FFA PVP in Everquest Next on another forum because of dickweeds like that. Damned if I'll ever give time or money to a game that actively encourages that kind of behavior.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just can see SA getting hordes of goons signing up for this and ruining everybody's day with a big WAAAAGH!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom