Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternal Crusade (WH40K MMO)

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
More complaints about stupidity of players:

Rhinos that drive up with no players in it. And then their squad spawns one by one and runs into the room with one lagging behind the other. Only ONCE have I seen a packed Rhino, with 5 enemy players popping out. That was fucking great to watch.

Secondly, Rhinos that drive up separately without Predator support. Like, wtf. It's not like I'm a strategic/tactical genius. But if I see a friendly Rhino heading out, I'll fucking deploy a Predator and protect the shit out of it. For example, I'll park the Predator to cover LOS to the Rhino.

People do not understand that five people in a group attacking simultaneously is such a huge advantage over one guy going in, getting picked off, another guy going in, getting picked off, etc., etc. Even better if they split up and go attack from both sides.

Maybe it's just because I'm a dick and I know how to surprise the shit out of people by suddenly coming out of nowhere and turning a 1v1 into a 2v1. And whenever I run out into a heavily covered area, the first thing I do is go opposite of traffic. I always try to make someone think I'm going one/the orthodox way, and then quickly run around to the other side of the and get the initiative. Then it gets fun when both of us are cognizant of this psychological battle.

TLDR everybody runs exactly where the enemy predicts they will go, and they get mowed down like fucking lemmings. What the hell is this bullshit? I mean even another tactic would be to have a 4-5 jump assaults leap up SIMULTANEOUSLY to interrupt the braced heavy weapons.

But nope. Lemmings.

And this is why I spend the majority of my time bored and trying to snipe people with my lascannon.

TedNugent

Arcane
I wasnt gonna preorder until I saw some orks that met my satisfactory standards

I would only tolerate playing Dark Angels, and even then, only because they declared Space Wulfen to be heretics and ordered orbital bombardment of those treasonous furry scum.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
I wasnt gonna preorder until I saw some orks that met my satisfactory standards

I would only tolerate playing Dark Angels, and even then, only because they declared Space Wulfen to be heretics and ordered orbital bombardment of those treasonous furry scum.
True, that makes sense. If I weren't so much fanboy (and bored) I would also have waited. Besides Orks I have no idea if they'll do Eldar well. Ironically, it's fun right now during alpha without the planned added stuff, so I don't feel like I wasted money. I have like 70 hours lol. Even if the game goes to crap it'll be the funniest thing to say that I liked the game because Alpha was fun.

Dark Angels are in game, though I made an Ultramarine just to be a troll. (And "Manginus" fit an Ultramarine name better)

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
BROTHER MANGINUS, ENEMY FORCES IN OUR PERIMETER

Yeah, I can see that working. Well done! Also: I think I killed you yesterday.
What's your character name? I tend to be a dick and just camp with Lascannon or Stalker in a hidden space, so if you're the guy getting butthurt (legitimately butthurt) that's probably you.

It probably was me though, there aren't many Manginae around.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Faction population balance has been weird lately. I've had games start out with 15-10, filling up to 16v16 but taking a bit too long to do so. I'm guessing that it's because they either haven't implemented random switching of factions between games, or that random switching has gone wonky (I can't remember how it was before, lol). I always play the random "Quick Play" but I'm pretty sure I'll always stay the same faction until I exit from queue and rejoin. And that doesn't mean they're putting me on the lower pop faction because if that were happening to me, that would happen to everyone else, which should balance out the populations.

Either that or, for some reason a lot of people are picking manually and there are more Space Marines. It's not a guild/clan thing either, seems like everyone's just solo. But what kind of fanboy playing a 40k game in alpha wants to play a Space Marine, anyway (and these are real fanboys talking like Orks on voicechat)? Especially given that Space Wolves aren't even in game yet. Well, I guess Word Bearers and Black Legion are boring factions, but I imagine the faction preference should be (1) Night Lords, (2) Blood Angels, (3) Dark Angels, with no-one wanting to play the rest unless you're a Trolltramarine. I guess 2+3 are overtaking 1.

Though really, I can't imagine anyone not picking random, unless they're playing with a group, which I almost never see.

---

Anyways, performance seems to be a lot better (though maybe more-so for AMD and less for Intel). On the other hand, I feel like there is some extra net-related lag coming from somewhere. I seem to be shooting worse (with the Stalker, my preferred weapon). Granted it could be due to alcohol.

TedNugent

Arcane
Supposedly Space Marines massively outweigh pretty much every other faction combined as far as pre orders.

They also weigh as much as pretty much the rest of the game in tabletop and are bigger than Warhammer fantasy as a franchise in and of themselves.

I have no idea why. They look like Buzz Lightyear.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Faction population balance has been weird lately. I've had games start out with 15-10, filling up to 16v16 but taking a bit too long to do so. I'm guessing that it's because they either haven't implemented random switching of factions between games, or that random switching has gone wonky (I can't remember how it was before, lol). I always play the random "Quick Play" but I'm pretty sure I'll always stay the same faction until I exit from queue and rejoin. And that doesn't mean they're putting me on the lower pop faction because if that were happening to me, that would happen to everyone else, which should balance out the populations.

Either that or, for some reason a lot of people are picking manually and there are more Space Marines. It's not a guild/clan thing either, seems like everyone's just solo. But what kind of fanboy playing a 40k game in alpha wants to play a Space Marine, anyway (and these are real fanboys talking like Orks on voicechat)? Especially given that Space Wolves aren't even in game yet. Well, I guess Word Bearers and Black Legion are boring factions, but I imagine the faction preference should be (1) Night Lords, (2) Blood Angels, (3) Dark Angels, with no-one wanting to play the rest unless you're a Trolltramarine. I guess 2+3 are overtaking 1.

Though really, I can't imagine anyone not picking random, unless they're playing with a group, which I almost never see.

---

Anyways, performance seems to be a lot better (though maybe more-so for AMD and less for Intel). On the other hand, I feel like there is some extra net-related lag coming from somewhere. I seem to be shooting worse (with the Stalker, my preferred weapon). Granted it could be due to alcohol.
They need to contact Reric and get blood ravens.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

---

They'll steal everything ffs.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

---

They'll steal everything ffs.
Actually I should've made a loyalist Marine named Alfalfius. Pls to give name changes.

What's your character name? I tend to be a dick and just camp with Lascannon or Stalker in a hidden space, so if you're the guy getting butthurt (legitimately butthurt) that's probably you.

I never get butthurt. What I tend to do though is get rid of people who do that because people are generally too stupid to do so themselves.

I mean really... how dumb can you be to allow somebody free reign like that?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

I never get butthurt. What I tend to do though is get rid of people who do that because people are generally too stupid to do so themselves.

I mean really... how dumb can you be to allow somebody free reign like that?
Yeah I know right. The word "dumb"... last few days it's been so annoying that I'm just gonna rant:

Seriously I pull really easy counterable dick shit and nobody stops me. :| I like to plant a Predator watching a long wide lane and stop people from traveling between nodes. Though I am even more dickish because I can always tell when a Rhino is gonna ram me and I switch back to driver and reverse immediately. But c'mon, it's so easy to take me out quickly with 2-3 AV Devastators high above where I can't rotate with turret, or popping in and out of cover with charged plasma (EVENTUALLY someone does it.) In fact I'm at the point where I DON'T want to do this tactic because the enemy's dumbitude makes it figuratively overpowered.

I mean I am not that great of a player. People are just dumb and give me easy kills, or rather, easy ways to stop the other team from winning.

Of course when I'm on the other end, with enemies going vehicle spam... nobody pulls out AV weapons. So I spent this morning just ramming Predators with my Rhinos and running people over whenever I can. Losing, of course. Oh and one time I had a Pred camped as artillery cover down a lane, as I like to do... and then someone pops in my tank and drives down the lane. Not to mention some (a lot) of people don't understand how to work together to cap or interrupt a point... You know, have a few people distracting the enemy while one person interacts with the node? Ugh. On the other hand sometimes the enemy is just dumb and everyone is distracted killing each other, and I just ninja the node. Then, of course, I hide somewhere, and shoot the next enemy who tries to cap/interrupt.

Funny thing is that I never do anything as malicious as spawn camping and tell my teammates off for doing it. (Granted you can counter that by loading up in vehicles and rushing past their over-saturated front line.)

Why are people so dumb. Even when they play it like deathmatch they are idiots and don't cover each other. My dick gets so fucking hard when I join a team with communicating squads on voicechat. If you ever played on my team I'm always (annoyingly) calling out enemies going from one node to another, and probably the only person on voice chat.

Granted I used to play a lot of Battlefield as a sniper or mid-range, and I change position every few shots or if someone sees me.

BTW Meltagun/Meltabomb loadout is lol funnies.

It'll probably be less viable when the game starts adding organization options such as clans and what not.

On another note: I am really looking forward to Eldar and seeing if they're actually going to have the stones to include 3 faction warfare with that update.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
It'll probably be less viable when the game starts adding organization options such as clans and what not.
For its current 'arena' status, you're right. But once (if) it goes MMO-size.. from my experience in Planetside 2 it'll take effort from a clan to gather non-clan members in order to fill up platoons, and especially a lot of effort from the platoon leader. And then even better when you have a commander overseeing the three platoons, chain of command style. But man it takes a lot of effort, so usually the game devolves into hours of standoff shooting and/or one faction running to capture one empty node and another running to another empty node, etc.

But I'm exaggerating a bit, as you can always find a good clan and have organized fun.

On another note: I am really looking forward to Eldar and seeing if they're actually going to have the stones to include 3 faction warfare with that update.
Are they planning to do 3 faction that soon? I have no idea to be honest.

No clue, mate. It's pure speculation on my part. It would make more sense for them to simply randomly pair any of the three factions against one another though... at least for the time being.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
I think I figured out why everyone queues Space Marines.

Because every fucking Chaos Marine has stupid horns. Which (A) you really don't notice from any distance and (B) it looks stupid as hell on your screen.

Hopefully there is at least some minor but significant customization. Which, well, just means picking what helmet you want to us in terms of Loyalist/Traitor Marines.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Looks like they're finally moving ahead towards larger scale combat:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/375230/announcements/detail/652265279129487312 (talking about how they're moving away from weekly updates)

We are taking it easy, working on a couple of large systems, Eldar, Orks, a Fortress, two new maps, first PVE map, creating a lot of weapons through our new itemization framework because we got a ton from outsourcing, optimizing the client and server, fixing some maps, getting Imperial Fists and Alpha Legion ready, the first iteration of the strategic map, war parties and all that small stuff nobody cares about.

I expect us in the future to move more to a bi-weekly Tuesday update schedule for Early Access to allow time for the development team to work on the larger updates while we torture a few founders on their server, which is only one server running one match to intentionally push the limits.

This is also because I want to allow the team to have more time and focus on finishing the larger persistent world systems
Crossing my fingers this will work, and not fuck things up.

They should just hire the team from Planetside lol. (Actually I am totally guessing they have Relic employees working on the game)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom