Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review eToychest praises Beyond Divinity

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Beyond Divinity; Larian Studios

<a href=http://www.etoychest.org>eToychest</a> posted a very positive <a href=http://www.etoychest.org/content.php?review.335>review</a> of <a href=http://www.beyond-divinity.com>Beyond Divinity</a>, giving it <b>90%</b> and trying to convince us that we'll absolutely love the game if we give it a try.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Larian has also seen fit to add a random dungeon generator, which is actually separate from the main game. Whenever you feel like taking a break from the plot, or just feel like doing some leveling up, you can use certain items you find in the game to transport yourself to one of the random dungeon areas. There’s a whole new set of merchants and quests available in these areas, and they change completely in each of the game’s four acts. The Battlefields become accessible from the main menu once you complete the game. Again, this goes a very long way towards boosting the replay value.</blockquote>This doesn't reflect well on the review's credibility
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>While neither a step forward nor a step back for Larian, this is more of a step to the side. If you liked Divine Divinity, you’ll love the follow-up. If you like RPGs, in general, you’ll love Beyond Divinity. It has a few minor flaws, but the overwhelming amount of fun this game offers more than makes up for it. The guys at Larian, just like their peers at Black Isle, Bethesda and Obsidian, are fans of this genre, and they know what makes a good RPG. While it remains to be seen what direction the series goes in, I firmly believe we’re seeing the beginnings of a major new series, along the lines of Ultima or Wizardry, and that’s exciting. If you’re even remotely interested in role-playing games on the PC, you owe it to yourself to give Beyond Divinity a purchase</blockquote>Quite a sales pitch
<br>
<br>

Anonymous

Black Isle, Bethesda and Obsidian, are fans of this genre, and they know what makes a good RPG.

except their games are poop.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
PS:T wasn't poop, Llama. Neither was Fallout 2. Certainly wasn't as good as Fallout, but it was certainly good except for some parts. Notably Horrigan.

Concerning Obsidian - they haven't made anything yet.

What did I tell you about those short posts, Llama?

Anonymous

PS:T is always the exception, you should know that.

And i'm just a jerk, so I have to say obsidian is poopoo.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
The beginning of a new series like Ultima or Wizardry? That doesn't seem right. This dude probably hasn't even played a lot of the earlier Ultimas or Wizardrys. I bet I was playing Ultima and Wizardry when this reviewer was still shitting yellow!

Nightjed

Liturgist
comparing that crap with wizardry and ultima makes me sick -_-

and wth do they keep using the "The guys at Larian, just like their peers at Black Isle, Bethesda and Obsidian, are fans of this genre, and they know what makes a good RPG." line to cover up for their crap ? damnit, the first rule for QAing is NOT using ppl that were related to the production of the program, its natural to love and be proud of "your baby" no matter how ugly and smelly he is. AND i remember what happened/is happening with the "by gamers for gamers" company.

Jung

Liturgist
The seamy underbelly of your seamy underbelly
There aren't many games, especially recent, that should be mentioned in the same breath as Ultima. Certainly not DD, although it was mildly entertaining, it was no classic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom