Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Euro Truck Simulator 2

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Omsi was a bit of a cult hit but I heard Omsi 2 sucked balls. How would you say it is, Joined on the 4th of July? Anyway, never heard of Coach Bus Simulator. Graphically it looks rather amazing. Lots of detail in that map and I dig that they have seasons. Will keep an eye on it.

Gord

Arcane
Parking Lot Guardian Simulator

Not really a german thing, but I might see it coming from some (south) italian company:
Occupy a public parking lot and demand protection money for keeping your "customers" cars safe (from yourself, of course).

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
I might see it coming from some (south) italian company

:lol:

I'm Italian, so I know how much that's true... Still that sounds like a fun game to play, while some of those sims are just :retarded: to me. Not speaking about ETS/ATS in particular, I'm somewhat undecided about purchasing it myself, since it's sold for peanuts atm and it looks like a game I could actually get into. If I ever find time to, you know, actually play the games I purchase.

Trash, since you're clearly more experienced than me, which of the two would you suggest for a total noob? If mods aren't a chore to install and update I'm totally fine with them. I understand that Euro has more content, both DLC and mod-wise while America has updated graphics and UI, right?

:Flash:

Arcane

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I might see it coming from some (south) italian company

:lol:

I'm Italian, so I know how much that's true... Still that sounds like a fun game to play, while some of those sims are just :retarded: to me. Not speaking about ETS/ATS in particular, I'm somewhat undecided about purchasing it myself, since it's sold for peanuts atm and it looks like a game I could actually get into. If I ever find time to, you know, actually play the games I purchase.

Trash, since you're clearly more experienced than me, which of the two would you suggest for a total noob? If mods aren't a chore to install and update I'm totally fine with them. I understand that Euro has more content, both DLC and mod-wise while America has updated graphics and UI, right?

Both games are basically the same apart from some small updates in gameplay and engine. ETS2 has more content, trucks and mods. ATS looks better and is, for a european, more fresh in atmosphere. I honestly dig both. Just take your pick.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Man, the new update is pretty great.

Also, the game looks better than ever and also performs much better.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I installed ATS last night and played about 10 hours straight through. Runs amazing and beautifully on my laptop. I'm glad it exists and that I have it on my computer. Not sure what else to think of it.

But why are there no cyclists and joggers? Wouldn't the simulation be more realistic with cyclists and joggers? And deer?

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Update 1.32 with trailer ownership is here!

CHANGELOG:
Trailer ownership

Major UI changes (Main menu, Company Management screens, Dealerships, etc.)
Job filters redesign
Some of the old trailers discarded and redesigned
Power/airlines on AI trucks added (optional)
Rendering speedups
Option for automatic parking brake - disabled by default

ETS2 only:
Scania 2016 added to AI traffic
B-double type trailers added
Updated part of Germany map
Lighting improvements (sync with ATS)
The speed limit in France dropped to 80 KPH on some roads

ATS only:
New roads added: US-550 (NM), US-95 (AZ), US-191 (AZ), Clifton city (AZ) and I-580 Carson city bypass (NV)
Remade and redesigned few places (e.g. I5-I80 interchange)
Long 53ft trailers (40+ feet from kingpin to rear axle) forbidden in California
ATS updated as well.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I installed ATS last night and played about 10 hours straight through. Runs amazing and beautifully on my laptop. I'm glad it exists and that I have it on my computer. Not sure what else to think of it.

But why are there no cyclists and joggers? Wouldn't the simulation be more realistic with cyclists and joggers? And deer?

The game would quickly turn into GTA if they included cyclists and joggers.

Dux

Arcane
I think my employees are skimming off the top... Something ain't right.

One of these days I'll turn into De Niro with a phone cord.

"Gimme the fucking money! MONEY TAHDAY! ... TAHDAY! TAHDAY! TAHDAY!"

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I previously didn't got into the series because truck driving seemed tedious to me but something has changed.

I finally began to enjoy just sitting in a truck and experience the sensation of travelling.

ETS has become a great piece of software without doubt. Perhaps the best made of all the work sims right now, and it's also one of the best massive sandbox games out there. Much bigger than GTAV and more realistic.

Jason Liang

Arcane
It's less GTA and more a successor to Outrun.

Wish there was more you could do with money for it to be an actual sandbox.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Different genres, I know.

I just mentioned GTA V to compare how they simulate driving on motorways / cities. I spent endless hours in GTA V just driving around.
Especially the American Truck simulator it is very similar to Los Santos and both have strenghts and weaknesses. In GTA you can pick up endless interactions between pedestrians and do all kinds of mindless shit, whereas ETS feels realistic and 100 times larger, and of course the metagame makes actual sense to an adult.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom