Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

by the way, i downloaded everything through steam+workshop and the gym-rat lady version worked liked a charm.

gave a spin to the fantasy mod. not sure i like. a lot of stuff sounds like just renamed things, with a matter more of only learning names than new rules. but i'll probably still enjoy a game of sun elves cleansing the desert from gnolls.

Don't download wholesale pirated stuff, just get the cracks that unlock DLC for legit steam games. The same crack can be applied to the launcher.

You're trusting an entire game downloaded from a guy with a girl as his profile picture who doesn't even crack games himself but instead just re-zips whatever cracked game appears on the interwebs whenever they come out whatever shady source it is (he doesn't say). Meanwhile you refuse to download a universal steam_api.dll replacer that works on hundreds/thousands of steam games to unlock all DLC. OK.

because i can trust that specific item in a vacuum, i can pretty much isolate it, while you're asking me to mess with a third party account full of stuff i poured real money into in a way i honestly don't understand and thus i have also no way to know how risky it might be. no way mate.

he doesn't say
he's actually very very specific about this.

btw, my *cough* version is up to date, so i moved the saved game to the proper one, which has all the required expansions but not all the available, and it ran, which means that the crashes are not caused by bugs but by features of the game, properly working features. well done paradox.

i took a look at the monthly everything for 4 or 5 euros. it's pretty easy to sign in, there's no apparent way to sign out. do people really fall for these criminal schemes?

Vatnik Wumao
Moroccan diplomatic skill intensifies.
XzHT7hJ.png

If I can maintain that alliance with Castille, then I'll probably turn against Tunis and gobble them up while focusing on becoming a trading powerhouse.

this anbennar mod is cursed. cursed! i've been playing these guys who love nature and of course despise some certain other races, especially one. because of this mod, last two days i've been throwing around just a single insult: "gnomosexual".

kangaxx

Arbiter
Just doing my first ever Muscovy to Russia run. These guys are flat out broken with the Third Rome add on. I've always tended to focus on weird runs (e.g. Iceland moving to new world, protestant Mexico, Cornwall to GB), and this one is honestly a bit too easy.

well, it's russia, duh

meanwhile: this kobolds playstyle really grew on me. shit troops but godlile attrition. don't spend on troops, spend on forts, and watch the enemy buuuuurn his manpower. let him conquer while you go max exhaustion, watch him being eaten alive by rebels. at some point he won't be able to siege anymore. clean up and carpet him hassle-free.

Last edited:

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Question: Why I am getting so much aggressive expansion? I conquer like one, two provinces, and I get insane amounts of AE and coalitions. Twice I had to reload because I took some stuff, and it resulted in giant coalitions.

Those are all very high development provinces, so more AE.

also aggression is influenced by relations. war allies won't care one bit, people who love you won't give a rat's ass if you go on a killing spree as long as it's just not too overkill, then neutral, threatened, hostile, outraged get worse and worse. if you go 100% on your enemy and have diplomats to spare, raise rep with closest nations before finishing, influence them if you shit gold. of course, sitting by the side of a hundred nations, won't help much.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Also, were those provinces part of the HRE? Because that confers extra AE for any countries that are in the Empire.

Found this out the hard way playing as Genoa.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Also, were those provinces part of the HRE? Because that confers extra AE for any countries that are in the Empire.

Found this out the hard way playing as Genoa.

Yeah, mess with HRE at your own risk. Found it out in my first game, also with France. Had something like 3-4 coalition wars relatively early on. Though I think TBS is aware of that since he wants to take Southern Italy (not HRE).

kangaxx

Arbiter
Question: Why I am getting so much aggressive expansion? I conquer like one, two provinces, and I get insane amounts of AE and coalitions. Twice I had to reload because I took some stuff, and it resulted in giant coalitions.

You can also see what kind of coalition a peace settlement will get you before you force it on them. Hover over the flags with sword icon in the bottom right of the 'sue for peace' popup.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I'm really enjoying my playthrough as dwarves in the anbennar mod. Your economy mostly consists of super high development provinces which are connected by caverns, so it's chokepoints everywhere. Gameplay alternates between colonizing the caverns and fighting goblins/orc and other dwarves.
So every so often some goblins spawn and it's not a big deal which is why I wasn't really worried when some goblin dwellings appeared and started spawning small hordes of goblins. What I missed is that this was the beginning of the goblin tide disaster. By the time I figured some big shit was going on I had 200 000 goblins wrecking my country and advancing towards my capital which itself was under siege by a 70 000 special goblin army. Note that my capital is an 80 development province with a gold mine so rich it pumps out 50 crowns every month. Manpower was running low so.. by the time the goblin tide was defeated I was 3500 in debt. All that money went into mercenaries.

then one day the disaster icon will lighten up and you'll know you're already screwed. trust me, you're going to throw away one or two games (if you're not already a crazy minmaxing exploiter).

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
then one day the disaster icon will lighten up and you'll know you're already screwed. trust me, you're going to throw away one or two games (if you're not already a crazy minmaxing exploiter).
I'm almost done dealing with the hoardcurse disaster, current debt is 17500. Thankfully dwarves are really rich.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
The serpent's rot curse/disease is horrible, dwarves just can't take a break in this mod! It absolutely wrecks every province it spreads to.
Local unrest +5 Local trade power -150% Local goods produced -150% Local tax modifier -150% Local manpower modifier -80% Monthly devestation +3
Thankfully it started in another dwarf country at the periphery of my empire.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
FML, what is going on. It's 3 separate wars btw.
hell.png

First I was attacked by the strongest empire in the game "The command". Managed to grind them down over 7 years, they lost 1.35 million troops, I lost 500k. Then before I could finish them off I get attacked by these two faggots in the west and north.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom