Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Europa Universalis IV

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Sound the bells, set in march the armies and conquer babarians and potatos alike, Europa Universalis IV is upon us!

movie: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/europauniversalisiv/movie/45009.html

Kotaku write-up: http://kotaku.com/europa-universalis-iv/

Strategy informer: http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/19367/paradox-reveals-europa-universalis-iv-for-q3-2013

Extremely important info.

Of course completely uninspired by Magna Mundi! Honest!

Tigranes

Arcane
YES.

The new Event System sounds good, insofar as two sentences can sound good - EUIV will likely set the tone for all Paradox games in the next few years with regards to historical determinism and this seems like a more sophisticated solution than the current generation.

Pity the movie tells you nothing, except that just like every other title, they're using a barely reskinned map of the most recent game during development. (That is, CK2.)

TripJack

Hedonist
:bounce: can't wait

the platinum complete collection developer's cut should be out sometime in 2015

Cassidy

Arcane
I'd be even more interested in HoI4 with upgraded AI, even deeper mechanics than HoI3 and without the silly neutrality system restricting warfare outside of WW2.

But we'll see. Maybe this one will be playable at release and not end featuring less than EU3 Chronicles.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Let's hope that this time around it doesn't take two expansions to bring the sequel up to the level of the previous game.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'd be even more interested in HoI4 with upgraded AI, even deeper mechanics than HoI3 and without the silly neutrality system restricting warfare outside of WW2.

But we'll see. Maybe this one will be playable at release and not end featuring less than EU3 Chronicles.
You can easily mod neutrality or just turn that fucking thing off with a cheat though. I know I do when it starts pissing me off.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
And just recently I was thinking "with all the incline of recent Paradox titles - especially Vicky 2 and CK2 - it would be cool to see what they'd do with an EU4".

And, bingo, they're making it!

Raapys

Arcane
As good as EU3 has gotten these last years, I have a hard time seeing EU4 able to compete with anything less than 2-3 expansions. But yeah, welcome news.

Erzherzog

Magister
Still play EU3 rather frequently. If it's any good I feel like they'll make boatloads. How many fans did all those expansions bring in? Do we have sales figures of their games? I feel they'd be very telling.

Cassidy

Arcane
Any Combat additions?

I hope so. It would be interesting for them to give a try at a simplified HOI esque combat(IE: battle starts as soon as troops start moving towards a province rather than once they arrive) with sieges and...

A "synchronize arrival" button and bonuses for attacking from multiple adjacent provinces would already improve combat a lot in EU3. Having to manually sync arrival from multiple provinces and no bonus from such spreaded offensive other than less attrition sucks.

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Fucking Paradox! I am working on the ultimate EU3 mod and they want to release EU4! Oh well, the release date is Q3/2013 and quite frankly Paradox has disappointed me with what they did to EU3 after In Nomine. So I will continue playing / modding EU3:IN. Unless they somehow remove the retarded shit they introduced in later versions of EU3 from EU4 (i.e. trade leagues, dynasty system, CB inflation, ..)

Erzherzog

Magister
Greatly expanded casus belli system, improving the HRE and Papal States, and a wealth of smaller, convenient or flavorful additions. (Being able to set armies to hunt rebels, province histories, etc.)

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Any Combat additions?

In the interview they said its not currently on their agenda. I also remember reading them saying that move = combat isnt really a good idea in this time frame. Therefore I think that is safe to assume it wont be in. Frontage however may make its appearance in EU4 together with many more unit types, perhaps something similar to CK2.

Destroid

Arcane
Fucking Paradox! I am working on the ultimate EU3 mod and they want to release EU4! Oh well, the release date is Q3/2013 and quite frankly Paradox has disappointed me with what they did to EU3 after In Nomine. So I will continue playing / modding EU3:IN. Unless they somehow remove the retarded shit they introduced in later versions of EU3 from EU4 (i.e. trade leagues, dynasty system, CB inflation, ..)

I wouldn't worry copx, I think it's pretty unlikely they will take EU4 in the direction of MM, especially in terms of challenge.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Heh, the movie makes it look exactly like CK2, except with larger world.

But yes, this is great news. I can't wait to see what they add.

EDIT: I see trade routes marked on the map. Wonder if that means you can really fuck people's routes up with privateering.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom